+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Scarborough Oath Ceremony Invite

RajGill

Star Member
Jan 3, 2013
Dear All -

I made my application in Feb 2019, wrote test in Jan 2020 and got invited for oath ceremony which is March 13 dated. Thought of sharing - if your application is in same office as mine.

Also, I have 2 questions. As usual I will be applying for Canadian passport and I am working in US on H4 Visa:

1. Will this be Ok to submit my passport request and travel back on Indian passport so that I need to take less time off from my job. Or it can create issue later?

2. Could I request express passport with additional fees, pick it up and how long does it takes - if anyone experienced?

3. Could Canadian passports be mailed to US? So, far I am aware they do it for minors who are staying in US

4. Do fedex or any other courier deliver passports out of country, If I ask my relative to send it back to me?

Thanks for your help and good luck for your citizenship.

Thanks,

jc94

Mar 14, 2016
Dear All -

I made my application in Feb 2019, wrote test in Jan 2020 and got invited for oath ceremony which is March 13 dated. Thought of sharing - if your application is in same office as mine.

Also, I have 2 questions. As usual I will be applying for Canadian passport and I am working in US on H4 Visa:

1. Will this be Ok to submit my passport request and travel back on Indian passport so that I need to take less time off from my job. Or it can create issue later?

2. Could I request express passport with additional fees, pick it up and how long does it takes - if anyone experienced?

3. Could Canadian passports be mailed to US? So, far I am aware they do it for minors who are staying in US

4. Do fedex or any other courier deliver passports out of country, If I ask my relative to send it back to me?

Thanks for your help and good luck for your citizenship.

Thanks,
Just on what I can answer, passsports can be 24h ($110), 2-9 business days($50) or done on a weekend ($495). All require dropping off at a limited (as in not all do it) Service Canada and collection in Canada. Standard turnaround is not too bad but varies. Shipping to US doubles standard timings. Pick up locations are not always drop off locations.

I don’t believe anyone (except Canada Post I guess with official permission?) is meant to ship passports around. That said if you put a passport into a FedEx envelope I assume they’d post it.

You are NOT meant to use an Indian passport after you take the Canadian oath. Sure there’s a three month grace period but I’m not sure this is designed for one to travel on it. You could be looking at fines from India doing this should you ever want to go there or get OCI etc.

Last edited: