+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Scarborough - No Oath Ceremony 2 months after test

berkcalg

Star Member
Sep 23, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
jfk255 said:
Does anyone know how far in advance of the oath ceremony they normally notify you of your date? I mean if you havnt heard by now, is it too late for November, or is there still a chance?
According to what I see in this forum, some people receive it 3-4 weeks or more before, and other just around one week before.

Rigly68

Apr 16, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
jfk255 said:
Does anyone know how far in advance of the oath ceremony they normally notify you of your date? I mean if you havnt heard by now, is it too late for November, or is there still a chance?
Usually between 2-4 weeks. So yes there could be a chance for November..... Good Luck!

jfk255

Feb 21, 2015
Next monday will be three months since i took the test. If I dont hear anything by then, i will call them up. Im assuming its not possible to call the Scarborough processing centre directly?

jfk255

Feb 21, 2015
WOO HOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Just checked CIC application status and I have been given November 23, 2016 at 10:00 AM for the oath ceremony. So happy! Thanks everyone for your help and answering questions and best of luck to everyone.

Rigly68

Apr 16, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
jfk255 said:
WOO HOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Just checked CIC application status and I have been given November 23, 2016 at 10:00 AM for the oath ceremony. So happy! Thanks everyone for your help and answering questions and best of luck to everyone.
Awesome news! Congratulations to coming to the end of your journey to become a citizen :)

PhdStream

Aug 7, 2013
Hi,

My sister is asked to submit police clearance certificate after completing her citizenship test at Scarborough. She has been given 30 days to submit. Is this an example of non-routine application. Will there be any other interview or test kind of things after submitting PCC.

Any previous experience on this regards will be highly appreciated.

berkcalg

Star Member
Sep 23, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
PhdStream said:
Hi,

My sister is asked to submit police clearance certificate after completing her citizenship test at Scarborough. She has been given 30 days to submit. Is this an example of non-routine application. Will there be any other interview or test kind of things after submitting PCC.

Any previous experience on this regards will be highly appreciated.
Are you talking about Fingerprints Request

PhdStream

Aug 7, 2013
berkcalg said:
Are you talking about Fingerprints Request
Nope ... PCC from home country. She visited our home country quite often since she became PR. By at the time of application date cumulative days was not 183 but it was more than 183 on the day of test. So she was asked to present PCC at that time. Since she did not have it, they gave her 30 days either to mail them or submit in person at Scarborough office.

berkcalg

Star Member
Sep 23, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
PhdStream said:
Nope ... PCC from home country. She visited our home country quite often since she became PR. By at the time of application date cumulative days was not 183 but it was more than 183 on the day of test. So she was asked to present PCC at that time. Since she did not have it, they gave her 30 days either to mail them or submit in person at Scarborough office.
I think if she submit it as soon as possible and there is no match in it, the file logically still routine.

saazg

Aug 3, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
shahroze said:
Hi,

I'm also a July applicant an i ha my test on Sept 30 at Scarborough office. DM showing on my e-case status but still waiting for oath ceremony invite. hope we all get the invitation soon.

Thanks
I am also a July applicant and also my test on Sept 30 at Scarborough office at 11.45 am batch. but no DM on my E case :(

jfk255

Feb 21, 2015
Apparently my letter was sent on the 31at October but som far I havnt gotten anything. Can anyone summarise the letter quickly ie. what you need to bring, how many people you can invite etc?