+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Scam victim

The game

Mar 20, 2018
Dear Members,

Writing this to get some visibility. I have been with a consultancy named Magnum Migration which operates in Dubai, Abu Dhabi, Calgary and Kerala. I attached with them since Jan of 2021 and my application for work permit and my spouse's open work permit lodged on November 2021. They ran stealing the client's money however i received a last update (screenshot of my profile) in May 2022 and no updates further. I wanted to cancel that application and what is the feasible way. Please note that

1. I have lodged a webform to Abu Dhabi however they disregard to support me as they priorities the queries for GSS stream .
2. Magnum Consultancy's Agents, owner and other staffs are un reachable therefore i won't be able to withdraw my application
3. Log in credentials are not shared with me .

Struggling a lot and seeking your expertise asstiance and Much appreciated your inputs.

Thank you!

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Dear Members,

Writing this to get some visibility. I have been with a consultancy named Magnum Migration which operates in Dubai, Abu Dhabi, Calgary and Kerala. I attached with them since Jan of 2021 and my application for work permit and my spouse's open work permit lodged on November 2021. They ran stealing the client's money however i received a last update (screenshot of my profile) in May 2022 and no updates further. I wanted to cancel that application and what is the feasible way. Please note that

1. I have lodged a webform to Abu Dhabi however they disregard to support me as they priorities the queries for GSS stream .
2. Magnum Consultancy's Agents, owner and other staffs are un reachable therefore i won't be able to withdraw my application

Struggling a lot and seeking your expertise asstiance and Much appreciated your inputs.

Thank you!
Do you think the job offer is even real? This looks and sounds like a scam.

You need to follow the process below in order to remove this consultancy as a representative. Have you done this?

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/immigration-citizenship-representative/change-cancel.html

Copingwithlife

VIP Member
Jul 29, 2018
Earth
Dear Members,

Thank you!
How much did you pay ?

The game

Mar 20, 2018
Do you think the job offer is even real? This looks and sounds like a scam.

You need to follow the process below in order to remove this consultancy as a representative. Have you done this?

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/immigration-citizenship-representative/change-cancel.html
I trust the job offer is fake and they said it is just for the documentation. Moreover they were having a staffing business in Calgary which has some tie-ups with some organization. They had a company name Magnum Staffing in Calgary. I did not complain as im unware of the process.

The game

Mar 20, 2018
You applied for a work permit with LMIA? If so, talk to your employer.
They applied with LMIA approval and employer details are not shared with us. they gave me in a offer letter which doesn't state the employer details except their name. I could not find the name in google too. They said they are blocking their customer to get in touch with the employers as they had some issue in the past.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
I trust the job offer is fake and they said it is just for the documentation. Moreover they were having a staffing business in Calgary which has some tie-ups with some organization. They had a company name Magnum Staffing in Calgary. I did not complain as im unware of the process.
It's a messy situation. You don't even know if they actually applied for a work permit. All of that could be fake.

You most likely cannot do anything to report or pursue this company in Canada. Most likely, if you want to pursue them in any way, you would need to do that through the policy and court system of your home country.

If you haven't done so already, submit the request to remove your representative from your application. If IRCC comes back and tells you that no such application exists, then you'll know the whole thing is fake. If the application does exist but you still think the job offer is fake, then withdraw the application. A fake job offer will get you a 5 year ban from Canada.

Stay away from all consultants offering jobs. 99% are scams.

Reactions: canuck78

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
They applied with LMIA approval and employer details are not shared with us. they gave me in a offer letter which doesn't state the employer details except their name. I could not find the name in google too. They said they are blocking their customer to get in touch with the employers as they had some issue in the past.
This is typical of a scam. For real jobs, you would always interview with the actual employer and would know who that employer is. I would be very nervous about this entire sitaution. If the consultant did in fact submit an application, you have no idea what's in that application and presumably didn't review it before they submitted. There could be wrong information in there which could get you banned from Canada. You will still be held responsible even if the consultant submitted the application for you.

Reactions: canuck78