+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Saudi Police certificate

kaaaak

Jan 20, 2015
Hi

I am a Saudi citizen and I applied for a PR FROM inside Canada. After I submitted my application to CIC I got a request for Saudi police certificate through the express entry profile.

The CIC website state the following:

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/security/police-cert/mid-east/saudi-arabia.asp

If you are a citizen of Saudi Arabia:

If you live outside of Saudi Arabia:

You should contact your nearest Embassy of the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia for information on how to get a police certificate.

If your application is being processed in Canada, you are not required to get a police certificate. See the Royal Embassy of Saudi Arabia in Ottawa’s website for more information.

------------------------------------------------------------------------

I submitted a letter quoting the link and the fact a police certificate is not needed as I am applying from inside Canada as per the CIC own website. I also provided a link (getting a police certificate from SA is nearly impossible from Canada)

Now I am starting to get concerned my application will be rejected. My friend did the same thing and his application was accepted.

Any advice?

striver434

Dec 22, 2016
Hi
Can you please tell me what happened with your application for PR after you submitted the letter?
As I am exactly in the same situation right now and they are asking for a Saudi police certificate and since I am applying from within Canada it will be very difficult to get the clearance from Saudi

Did they approve you PR application without the police clearance?
Your answer will b

Vitesze

Dec 15, 2017
Link: https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/application/medical-police/police-certificates/how/saudi-arabia.html

Certificates are available only to current legal residents.

If you do not have current legal residence status in Saudi Arabia, you are not required to provide a Saudi Arabian police certificate. If you are asked for a police certificate from Saudi Arabia, write: “I cannot provide a police certificate for the time I spent in Saudi Arabia because certificates are only available to people who have current legal residence status.”
Looks like Saudi Arabia simply doesn't issue Police Certificates to non-citizens that live abroad. And for Saudi citizens, PCC is not required if they're inland applicants (no idea why this is - perhaps because screening would already have been conducted previously?)

So it's totally fine to not include a PCC in this case - these are the instructions CIC is giving you.