+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Saudi Arabia based Applicant

addobia

Jul 10, 2014
Salams,

Can some senior member advice please.

I reside in KSA and have sent my Passport to Riyadh VFS on 5th August 2014. My questions are:

Will my visa be stamped at Canadian Embassy Riyadh?
How long will it take?
My wife's medicals were done on 29 Oct 13 and mine on 3 Feb 14. What will be the expiry of my PR visa?

Best Regards

..Addi..

hassan09

Jun 25, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Warsaw Ex Damascus
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
2nd AOR :19.04.2010
File Transfer...
Med's Request
Med's Done....
16.02.2013, Remedicals for kids (15.02.2014)
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
30-06-2014
VISA ISSUED...
21-08-2014
LANDED..........
Planning for October 2014
addobia,

I reside too in KSA, but my VO is different, so had to send my passports to warsaw earlier this week for stamping.

In your case, If your VO requested you to forward to VFS riyadh for stamping then it will be stamped at the embassy in riyadh, otherwise will be stamped in abu dhabi, UAE. usually it takes anytime between 2 weeks to 6 weeks.

As for the validity of visas, it depends who is the main applicant, if you are the main applicant then the visas would be valid through 3 Feb 2015.

Good luck,

zland

Star Member
Aug 9, 2014
I got an email that my application is onhold because the academic transcript is a photo copy and not attested. however, am sure 100 % that i have sent the original one which have the dean signature and Faculty stamp.
the only thing which i didn't send was Academic Records Request Form as i have been informed it's not really required..

Please advise what else should i do?

this the email i got from them

Wes has received a photocopy of your academic tran****** in a Cairo university envelope. However, it was not attested. Inorder to proceed with your evaluation please have your official academic transa******. Listing all subject taken and grade obtained. Attested and send directly to WES by the institution attended.
Transacript must arrive in an envelope bearing the institution official stamp

addobia

Jul 10, 2014
Dear Hassan,

Thanx for the response.

So the medical date of principal applicant is considered, can you give me any reference from CIC (I searched a lot but could not get it)

Secondly i have a very unique situation. I shifted from UAE to KSA two years back but my consultant did not advise me to apply for the change of address. CIC asked for police report (from UAE only) and medicals. We sent them UAE PCC and medicals only. I asked my consultant to update my address but they replied that it is not required at this stage and we shall only inform CIC once they ask you for revised forms.

In the meantime I got the Step 1 letter (Early July 2014) and i pressurized my consultants to intimate CIC for the change of address. They did so and sent CIC my latest Job docs. In return CIC sent me Step 2 letter advising me to submit the PP at Riyadh. which mans that they are aware of the fact that I am based in KSA now but they did not ask for PCC from KSA.

Now if I get the visa will it pose any problem while I do the landing.

Can they hold my passport at this stage and ask for PCC.

What should I do now?

Regards

dr-kk

Jun 20, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Guys if u need any extra details regarding pcc from jeddah inbox me

stay blessed

quebec2013

Aug 27, 2013
I have a question regarding Generic Application Form

Country of Residence >> Status. Should I select "Permanent Resident" OR "Worker". I am living in KSA.

destination canada

Jun 22, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
LONDON
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
June 2010
Doc's Request.
October 2010
AOR Received.
Nova-Scotia, October 2010
File Transfer...
Full Docs to LVO - January 2011, Second AOR May-2011
Med's Request
Feb.2014
Med's Done....
Feb.2014
Passport Req..
PPR-1 & PPR-2 on June 2014
VISA ISSUED...
July 2014
LANDED..........
Dec 2014
addobia said:
Dear Hassan,

Thanx for the response.

So the medical date of principal applicant is considered, can you give me any reference from CIC (I searched a lot but could not get it)

Secondly i have a very unique situation. I shifted from UAE to KSA two years back but my consultant did not advise me to apply for the change of address. CIC asked for police report (from UAE only) and medicals. We sent them UAE PCC and medicals only. I asked my consultant to update my address but they replied that it is not required at this stage and we shall only inform CIC once they ask you for revised forms.

In the meantime I got the Step 1 letter (Early July 2014) and i pressurized my consultants to intimate CIC for the change of address. They did so and sent CIC my latest Job docs. In return CIC sent me Step 2 letter advising me to submit the PP at Riyadh. which mans that they are aware of the fact that I am based in KSA now but they did not ask for PCC from KSA.

Now if I get the visa will it pose any problem while I do the landing.

Can they hold my passport at this stage and ask for PCC.

What should I do now?

Regards
no proble at all, send your pp, you will get visa and will land in canada without trouble, CIC knows better.

Dhaka2014

May 7, 2014
Canada
quebec2013 said:
I have a question regarding Generic Application Form

Country of Residence >> Status. Should I select "Permanent Resident" OR "Worker". I am living in KSA.
Nobody in permanent resident in Saudi Arabia.
Therefore, I put 'WORKER' for myself and "DEPENDENT RESIDENT" for my wife and child.

ning2x

Mar 9, 2014
I am an FSW applicant with AEO. Passports received recently with visa. I am planning to land to Canada this eid holiday to validate my PR and perhaps scout a place for my family to settle early next year but I will stay there for 2 weeks only and will be returning to KSA until my end of contract (before visa expires). Do you think it would be a concern to the immigration officer why should I return to KSA considering I have an approved AEO already?

Aug 18, 2014
destination canada said:
i had submitted my passport via VFS,KHOBAR, i got my passport back exactly after 9 days(including weekends) but depends on your luck, for some it took 5 days, for some 30 days.
Brother, I work in Dammam and Pakistani by nationality. I received step 2 instructions for the visa stamping from CHC Riyad.
Can you pls guide me what steps (and requirements) do I have to follow for passport submission via VFS.

Solicit your earliest reply.

Much Obliged

SA2263

Star Member
Nov 25, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
LVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
August - 2013
Med's Request
February - 2014
Med's Done....
February - 2014
Passport Req..
(RPRF,May - 2014) (PPR-1,13-August-2014) (PPR-2,24-September-2014)
VISA ISSUED...
Passport Received on 30-Sep-2014
LANDED..........
February 2015
fastlane to canada said:
Brother, I work in Dammam and Pakistani by nationality. I received step 2 instructions for the visa stamping from CHC Riyad.
Can you pls guide me what steps (and requirements) do I have to follow for passport submission via VFS.

Much Obliged
http://www.vfsglobal.ca/canada/saudiarabia/#

Scroll down to Passport Transmission Service, here you will find the desired information

destination canada

Jun 22, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
LONDON
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
June 2010
Doc's Request.
October 2010
AOR Received.
Nova-Scotia, October 2010
File Transfer...
Full Docs to LVO - January 2011, Second AOR May-2011
Med's Request
Feb.2014
Med's Done....
Feb.2014
Passport Req..
PPR-1 & PPR-2 on June 2014
VISA ISSUED...
July 2014
LANDED..........
Dec 2014
fastlane to canada said:

Much Obliged
dear brother, as you are from dammam, you must come to khobor to submit your passport in person to Khateery center in RAKA area, you have to pay 102 riyals per passport for VFS to complete your process, they will forward your passport to riyadh canada embassy to get visa stamped, you should get your passport back in 2 weeks maximum.

one advice to easily locate khateery center at RAKA, you can use google map in your mobile/gps or tablet or iphone map, it will guide you to exact location if you are not familiar with RAKA area. best of luck

the address as per VFS website is as follows:
Canada Canada Visa Application Centre,
1st floor, Al Katheery Centre, King Faisal Street, Raka, Al Khobar, Kingdom of Saudi Arabia.

malahim

Jul 12, 2014
hi i am Pakistani national working in jeddah applied on cic 11 June 2014 visit visa still today no reply getting so long good or bad here processing time is 21 days but mine multiply by there ?????????????????

Aug 18, 2014
destination canada said:
dear brother, as you are from dammam, you must come to khobor to submit your passport in person to Khateery center in RAKA area, you have to pay 102 riyals per passport for VFS to complete your process, they will forward your passport to riyadh canada embassy to get visa stamped, you should get your passport back in 2 weeks maximum.

one advice to easily locate khateery center at RAKA, you can use google map in your mobile/gps or tablet or iphone map, it will guide you to exact location if you are not familiar with RAKA area. best of luck

the address as per VFS website is as follows:
Canada Canada Visa Application Centre,
1st floor, Al Katheery Centre, King Faisal Street, Raka, Al Khobar, Kingdom of Saudi Arabia.

Dear Brother,
Many thanks for your reply.

Kindly confirm one more thing, do we require any appointment (through VFS online system) prior to personal appearnace for submitting passport to them.

Only passorts and 02 pictures are instructed for visa stamping. any form is also required as I only have step-2 instructions and no form or other documents with the email.

Thanks in advance.