+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Satisfying an immigration officer that I will leave Canada after my authorized stay has ended.

airforce1907

Dec 23, 2018
OK so, how can I convince an immigration officer that I will leave Canada at the end of my stay? A lot of people in Egypt have been getting their study permits refused because the immigration officers are not satisfied of their Purpose of Visit and that they will leave at the end of their stay.

I wrote a SOP of 2000 words that talks about my academic performance: grades and certificates, GPA, SAT score and etctera—and that also talk about Egypt. I haven't complimented Canada in my SOP so far (I am still preparing my Letter of Explanation); I only complimented its education, nothing else.

Do you guys have any suggestions please? Specially for an Egyptian whose visa is 99 percent refused. Will my SAT scores have an impact on my purpose of visit that I am a bona fide student? I scored 1210 and I also passed the SAT's essay. My GPA is around 3.7 to 3.8. Will my educational credentials have an impact on my purpose of visit and convincing the immigration officer? T

I really need help, please. I will be applying in late March for the permit.

Last edited:

Abhi1234

Dec 23, 2018
I have applied for my study permit on November 21st for jan2019 intake it's been more than 30 days only medicals got passed and the online application is showing that we are reviewing your eligibility and background check shows not applicable could you guys tell me which stage I am in and processing time is 5 weeks

Lovesahota92

Dec 15, 2016
I have applied for my study permit on November 21st for jan2019 intake it's been more than 30 days only medicals got passed and the online application is showing that we are reviewing your eligibility and background check shows not applicable could you guys tell me which stage I am in and processing time is 5 weeks
Use ircc web form to contact them. Give all details properly.