Saskatchewan Test timelines after file transferred

sept15

Champion Member
Sep 26, 2010
Canada
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Can anyone from anywhere in Saskatchewan (there is probably just one CPC in Sask anyways!) tell me how long to expect test date after the file has been transferred to local Office OR How long to expect the test, after CIC started processing your application? Thank you.

Since there are not too many applicants from Saskatchewan (or at least in this forum), this information will be very useful to every Sask applicant.

Later,

suresure

Nov 29, 2013
sept15 said:
Can anyone from anywhere in Saskatchewan (there is probably just one CPC in Sask anyways!) tell me how long to expect test date after the file has been transferred to local Office OR How long to expect the test, after CIC started processing your application? Thank you.

Since there are not too many applicants from Saskatchewan (or at least in this forum), this information will be very useful to every Sask applicant.

Later,
when did your file transfer to sk?
when did sk office confirm receiving your file?
did you call cic and ask?
did you get ATIP? what did it say?

Happygolucky_again

Star Member
Nov 13, 2013
On an average about a year from when they accept your application, you should expect a test....

In my case, I got a test about 9 month after transfer to the local office.

sept15 said:

Later,

Flocan

Apr 12, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I guess this is the same situation for New Brunwick
But I assume you are talking from old timelines, since february applciants had to pây double fees in the initaive aimed at expediting application treatment

suresure

Nov 29, 2013
Happygolucky_again said:
On an average about a year from when they accept your application, you should expect a test....

did you get RQ from SK office right after your file transferred?

suresure

Nov 29, 2013
Happygolucky_again said:

why take one year? people who applied in GTA got test on one to two months after transferred.is there any deadline that they need to schedule a test?

Flocan

Apr 12, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
OK yl113mc , that's long, but you applied in 2013, so till under the old regime ☺

Happygolucky_again

Star Member
Nov 13, 2013
That is right, I applied in March 2013. So I guess it falls under the old timeline.

Flocan said:
I guess this is the same situation for New Brunwick
But I assume you are talking from old timelines, since february applciants had to pây double fees in the initaive aimed at expediting application treatment

sept15

Champion Member
Sep 26, 2010
Canada
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Happygolucky_again said:
That is right, I applied in March 2013. So I guess it falls under the old timeline.
thanks for the feedback happygo. Why do you think you might have got RQed for? I do not think there is any difference in timelines before and after the fee was increased.. Its all the same. My file was transferred to Saskatoon March 2014 and CIC started processing it Jan 2014. From what I am reading I can expect the test in December or January (coming)?

Happygolucky_again

Star Member
Nov 13, 2013
Hi sep15,

I am not sure why I got RQd. It was a straight forward application. The only think I can think of which could have caused the issue as I was unemployed for a few days as I was transitioning employers/jobs. And I mentioned the term "Unemployed" in my work history. That is actually the only thing I can think of....

I think in December you should expect to get an invitation letter for a test in January.... (I got a letter 4 weeks in advance..)

sept15 said:
thanks for the feedback happygo. Why do you think you might have got RQed for? I do not think there is any difference in timelines before and after the fee was increased.. Its all the same. My file was transferred to Saskatoon March 2014 and CIC started processing it Jan 2014. From what I am reading I can expect the test in December or January (coming)?

sept15

Champion Member
Sep 26, 2010
Canada
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Happygolucky_again said:
Hi sep15,

I am not sure why I got RQd. It was a straight forward application. The only think I can think of which could have caused the issue as I was unemployed for a few days as I was transitioning employers/jobs. And I mentioned the term "Unemployed" in my work history. That is actually the only thing I can think of....

I think in December you should expect to get an invitation letter for a test in January.... (I got a letter 4 weeks in advance..)
Thanks happy. So are you a Citizen now... How long after the test could be the Oath? Thanks again.