+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Saskatchewan Parental Sponsorship Program

ZMP

Jan 12, 2017
Hello experts,
Greetings! Hope you all are doing well. I came back after a longtime to have your expert opinion with regards to Saskatchewan Parental Sponsorship Program. Sharing with you the following briefed details once again for your quick review in my case in a new thread and seeking your expert advise please.

Four members family (Husband, Wife and two kids) moved to Canada from Pakistan (19+ years back) and an asylum was made which was later rejected. Our younger Son was born in Canada during the Asylum case period. An appeal was made in appeal court with in given time and our appeal was in process in the appeal court but we had voluntarily withdrawn our appeal trough written request to immigration department and returned before even any hearing was made in the appeal court. We have completed all the necessary documentation and left Canada voluntarily and willingly by prior informing to CIC office and got approval. AIR tickets were purchased by our self at own cast and returned to Pakistan. Before leaving, we have received the certificates of departure (IMM0056B) from Immigration officer at POE and left Canada in August 2002 with in the given time (not over stayed for a single day even). The certificate of departure given to those who left Canada willing and if they wants to return in future than there is no need to have ARC (authority to return to Canada) https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/immigrate-canada/inadmissibility/reasons/authorization-return-canada.html .

After departure from Canada, we along with our Canadian citizen son were living in Pakistan.

In January 2017, a two weeks visit visa request was made by myself to accompany my son for his first pleasure trip to Canada as he could not travel alone being a minor when my Son was just 15 years old but my visit visa request was not accepted.

In November 2018 my Son moved to Canada ALONE at the age of 16+ and tried to get admission in Canadian schools being a Canadian citizen. He has visited few high schools but was not successful to get admission as at that time he was alone there and don’t have a guardian or parents who could take care of him to get admission so he returned back to Pakistan.

Finally, my Son moved to Canada once again in September 2019 at the age of 17+ and currently living in Canada. He is now 18+ and doing full time job there.

One of my Son's colleagues who is planning to move to Saskatchewan next month to sponsor his parents has suggested him that if he move to Saskatchewan province and live and work there for at least a year and file his tax returns and meet the financial requirements which is aprox CAN. 24k/year than he could be eligible to sponsor his parents. Being a resident of Saskatchewan, he would easily sponsor his parents in ONE year time where as other provinces parental sponsorship process took long time. Please advise…

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Hello experts,
Greetings! Hope you all are doing well. I came back after a longtime to have your expert opinion with regards to Saskatchewan Parental Sponsorship Program. Sharing with you the following briefed details once again for your quick review in my case in a new thread and seeking your expert advise please.

Four members family (Husband, Wife and two kids) moved to Canada from Pakistan (19+ years back) and an asylum was made which was later rejected. Our younger Son was born in Canada during the Asylum case period. An appeal was made in appeal court with in given time and our appeal was in process in the appeal court but we had voluntarily withdrawn our appeal trough written request to immigration department and returned before even any hearing was made in the appeal court. We have completed all the necessary documentation and left Canada voluntarily and willingly by prior informing to CIC office and got approval. AIR tickets were purchased by our self at own cast and returned to Pakistan. Before leaving, we have received the certificates of departure (IMM0056B) from Immigration officer at POE and left Canada in August 2002 with in the given time (not over stayed for a single day even). The certificate of departure given to those who left Canada willing and if they wants to return in future than there is no need to have ARC (authority to return to Canada) https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/immigrate-canada/inadmissibility/reasons/authorization-return-canada.html .

After departure from Canada, we along with our Canadian citizen son were living in Pakistan.

In January 2017, a two weeks visit visa request was made by myself to accompany my son for his first pleasure trip to Canada as he could not travel alone being a minor when my Son was just 15 years old but my visit visa request was not accepted.

In November 2018 my Son moved to Canada ALONE at the age of 16+ and tried to get admission in Canadian schools being a Canadian citizen. He has visited few high schools but was not successful to get admission as at that time he was alone there and don’t have a guardian or parents who could take care of him to get admission so he returned back to Pakistan.

Finally, my Son moved to Canada once again in September 2019 at the age of 17+ and currently living in Canada. He is now 18+ and doing full time job there.

One of my Son's colleagues who is planning to move to Saskatchewan next month to sponsor his parents has suggested him that if he move to Saskatchewan province and live and work there for at least a year and file his tax returns and meet the financial requirements which is aprox CAN. 24k/year than he could be eligible to sponsor his parents. Being a resident of Saskatchewan, he would easily sponsor his parents in ONE year time where as other provinces parental sponsorship process took long time. Please advise…
This is incorrect.

All provinces with the exception of Quebec require your son to meet the minimum income requirements for three years in a row before he will be eligible to sponsor you for PR.

Only Quebec has a 1 year income requirement. Saskatchewan is three years.

Note that parent / grandparent sponsorship is limited and spaces are given out either on a first com / first serve basis or through a lottery.

The income required to sponsor you is not $24k/year. It's around $50K. See:

https://www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre/answer.asp?qnum=1445&top=14

ZMP

Jan 12, 2017
Hi Scylla,

Greetings!
Thank you so much for your reply and advise. Indeed I am very glad and obliged to have your kind opinion. you have also advised me about two years back once I got rejected my Visit visa. Keeping in view the above briefed details about my case. what do you suggest if I apply now for Visit Visa after three years gap of first refusal where as this time my Son is living in Ontario and doing full time job parallel to his studies and purpose of visit this time is very strong. He is alone there and want to be there for next five years till he completes his university studies. so if when ever he wants meetup OR we as parents wants to go there for two three weeks to meet him. what do you suggest should we as parents apply together for visit Visa OR one of his parent should apply because we both can not travel together because of my Job and our two other children are studying here in Pakistan in University.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Hi Scylla,

Greetings!
Thank you so much for your reply and advise. Indeed I am very glad and obliged to have your kind opinion. you have also advised me about two years back once I got rejected my Visit visa. Keeping in view the above briefed details about my case. what do you suggest if I apply now for Visit Visa after three years gap of first refusal where as this time my Son is living in Ontario and doing full time job parallel to his studies and purpose of visit this time is very strong. He is alone there and want to be there for next five years till he completes his university studies. so if when ever he wants meetup OR we as parents wants to go there for two three weeks to meet him. what do you suggest should we as parents apply together for visit Visa OR one of his parent should apply because we both can not travel together because of my Job and our two other children are studying here in Pakistan in University.
Given you have a failed refugee claim there is really extremely little chance a visitor visa will be approved to visit your son. You will need to wait until your son qualifies to sponsor you for PR or qualify on your own through an economic immigration program like Express Entry. He will need to visit you in the meantime.

I would not bother reallying for the visitor visa. I think it will be another refusal.

ZMP

Jan 12, 2017
Hi Scylla,

How is it possible that parents can not visit their son no matter their asylum was refused but they returned by their own choice and were not deported?
What is the purpose of Super Visa in such case where parents can not meet their son?
If there is any sudden requirement in future like emergency or some thing where parents needs to be there to take care/meetup of their son than how parents can reach there if they don;t have the visa ?

I guess there should be be a possibility....I would be grateful if your could please suggest the way forward in such case please....

I remember, if i am not wrong, you have suggested me three years back when my Visit visa was refused when my son want me to accompany him for two weeks pleasure trip to Canada and you have suggested me that you have to wait for some time (two three years) and next time your wife could get the visa if she apply to visit her Son.

Last edited:

jddd

Champion Member
Oct 1, 2017
Hi Scylla,

how is it possible that parents can not visit their son no matter their asylum was refused but they returned by their own choice and were not deported?
What is the purpose of Visit Visa or Super Visa in such case where parents can not meet their son?
if there is any sudden requirement in future like emergency or some thing like than how parents can reach there if they don;t have the visa ?

There should be a possibility....I would be grateful if your could please suggest the forward in such case please....
I am not a visa officer nor do I work for IRCC but if I were one, this is what I would be thinking. You and your family have already attempted once to gain PR in Canada by filing an asylum claim that was obviously unfounded since you were rejected. The fact that you returned to your home country means that you wasted Canadian resources to process this claim when you did not need protection.

It is pretty obvious, since you asked about your Canadian son’s ability to sponsor you under a program that someone told you exists but does not, that you still want to pursue living in Canada. Even if you don’t tell IRCC that, the fact that your son returned to Canada will give the VO an idea that you may try another wasteful way to stay in Canada like applying for PR via H&C.

The purpose of a visitor’s visa is for a person to visit. You have showed every intent to living here, not just visiting. Your son is free to go to you to meet you. He is not stuck here so you don’t have a good reason to visit. Your son should plan for an emergency like an adult if he chooses to stay in Canada.

Like scylla said, you will likely be looking at another rejection for any temporary visas.

Reactions: canuck_in_uk

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Hi Scylla,

How is it possible that parents can not visit their son no matter their asylum was refused but they returned by their own choice and were not deported?
What is the purpose of Super Visa in such case where parents can not meet their son?
If there is any sudden requirement in future like emergency or some thing where parents needs to be there to take care/meetup of their son than how parents can reach there if they don;t have the visa ?

I guess there should be be a possibility....I would be grateful if your could please suggest the way forward in such case please....

I remember, if i am not wrong, you have suggested me three years back when my Visit visa was refused when my son want me to accompany him for two weeks pleasure trip to Canada and you have suggested me that you have to wait for some time (two three years) and next time your wife could get the visa if she apply to visit her Son.
The failed refugee claim demonstrates a very strong intent to live in Canada. You did not really return of your own choice. You wanted to stay in Canada. You were ordered to leave Canada as a result of the failed refugee claim and that's the reason why you left.

To qualify for a super visa or TRV, you must demonstrate very strong ties to your home country and show you have no plans on remaining in Canada long term. Visiting your son in Canada is not a right.

I may have suggested that a few years ago, however based on what we have seen on this forum over the last couple of years, a TRV with a failed refugee claim will end in refusal. Having said that, you can certainly try applying.

Your very first post in this thread makes it extremely clear you are trying to find a way to return to Canada and live here permanently. The visa officer who processes your TRV will likely suspect the same.

ZMP

Jan 12, 2017
I have requested for the expert opinion at this forum but unfortunately received the expert judgment. I am totally disagree with your opinion. I don't have any intention to live in Canada. I love my country. I have sent IRCC a written request for withdrawn of our case and wait for their response/approval for about two months and than completed the formalities to return. like purchase of our air tickets etc... hope you understand.

our intention is to just visit when ever our son ask for meetup (Canadian citizen has right to invite their parents) or to attend his graduation ceremony when happened being a parent . Our ties are very strong with our country.

Last but not the least, i never even think to avail other options to move to Canada like skilled worker programs etc... in past 20 years having even strong ability ... i have shared the facts and wanted to have an expert opinion but unfortunately don't know people on this forum shares their judgment nor opinions.

Anyway thank you so much for your time.....

Bornlucky

May 15, 2018
Hi there,

Here is how a failed refugee claim may be viewed by the various Canadian immigration entities.

You said you that were being persecuted and the evidence said you were not.

You had your due process and as the initial element of the process is the Conditional Removal Order, wherein you are ordered removed when the refugee claim is ended. The orders are generally issued with the inadmissibility that the subject (you) is seeking to remain in Canada permanently without a Permanent Resident's Visa - something like that there.

If you are a Convention Refugee then it disappears! If you're not then you became a part of an inadmissible class. Time may solve any further effect of the removal order, but you were removed from Canada even if you paid to leave, as is expected.

So, fast forward to wanting to return to Canada. If you're an applicant for PR status and it is successful, good for you because you'll likely get it without the earlier removal having much of an impact.

If you were removed on a failed claim and now you want to have a temporary stay in Canada?

Well, first of all congratulations for no longer having this risk to your life that you asserted earlier, and it's a pleasant surprise that you don't mention all of the things that plagued you earlier in your homeland. Indeed your TRV application will need to include all of the very positive things that will draw you back to your country after your next temporary stay in Canada.

So, with respect to your own credibility, or how your word is respected by the decision-maker who is paid to be suspicious and protect Canada from unauthorized economic migration.., how did you transition from the persecuted refugee to the prosperous international traveller? You'll need to support what you say because Canada's history with you is one where you're unreliable given how dramatically you have misinterpreted life in your home country, confusing great success with the United Nations Convention for Refugees.

If you can clear that up then you will deserve a visa.

Copingwithlife

VIP Member
Jul 29, 2018
Earth
I have requested for the expert opinion at this forum but unfortunately received the expert judgment. I am totally disagree with your opinion. I don't have any intention to live in Canada. I love my country. I have sent IRCC a written request for withdrawn of our case and wait for their response/approval for about two months and than completed the formalities to return. like purchase of our air tickets etc... hope you understand.

our intention is to just visit when ever our son ask for meetup (Canadian citizen has right to invite their parents) or to attend his graduation ceremony when happened being a parent . Our ties are very strong with our country.

Last but not the least, i never even think to avail other options to move to Canada like skilled worker programs etc... in past 20 years having even strong ability ... i have shared the facts and wanted to have an expert opinion but unfortunately don't know people on this forum shares their judgment nor opinions.

You went from claiming asylum , aka seeking refuge from your country due to persecution , to fast forward , quote “ You love your country “?
If you don’t see the irony in that .......

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12

You can disagree all you want but it doesn't change the situation. Your son certainly has the right to invite you but you are a foreign national and have zero right to come to Canada.

You are grasping at straws by asking about your 18 year old son sponsoring you for PR, so you very clearly have the intention to move to Canada, not just visit.