+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Saskatchewan - is it still prudent to go there?

rogue_shah

Apr 8, 2013
Hi,
I will be going to Canada Regina, Saskatchewan on MBA studies [admitted, have study visa]. I am an ACCA affiliate so I aim to study for CGA canada while doing MBA. And gain some canadian work experience. Working my way up the food chain.

I chose Saskatchewan because at that time they were offering free PR to Provincial grads if they had 10,000 CAD in their bank account. And because statistics showed that on average only two people applied for every job opening.

Give me some pep talk. Is it still good idea or should I try to seek admission in edmonton/toronto etc?

twentyone

Jul 23, 2013
India
Visa Office......
Chandigarh
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-11-2013
IELTS Request
8 bands
VISA ISSUED...
06-12-2013
CGA, CMA and CA no longer exist individually. All these three designations have been amalgamated into a new designation called CPA across Canada. Similar Provinicial PR programs are offered in other provinces too like in Ontario, BC, etc.

rogue_shah

Apr 8, 2013
Yes, the professional bodies are merging. Also, the attractiveness of saskatchewan in my decicionmaking was that it's PR policy towards graduate students. Now that that policy has come in line with other provinces, is it still prudent to go there?

I was making preparations for my arrival to regina in jauary 2014 - I already had the flight booked etc . But with these changes I am concerned if regina is still the prudent option. Any opinions would be really really helpful.

Swathi.life

Oct 18, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
how much is the tuition fee for MBA in this univ ? n how tough is it to get into this univ ?

i heard it is easy to get a good full time job in regina compared to ontario

rogue_shah

Apr 8, 2013
The tuition fee is around CAD 40,000.
I don't know how tough is it to get into the university because I only applied in U Regina and Saskatchewan. (because of their once, liberal policies) . Since I got admission in UR, I didn't complete required documentation of USask which was getting some assessment done by some body.

I hope you are correct about full time jobs. I don't know. I needed opinion of people about this. I am really in a spite of depression. To go or not to go.

Swathi.life

Oct 18, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
rogue_shah said:
The tuition fee is around CAD 40,000.
I don't know how tough is it to get into the university because I only applied in U Regina and Saskatchewan. (because of their once, liberal policies) . Since I got admission in UR, I didn't complete required documentation of USask which was getting some assessment done by some body.

I hope you are correct about full time jobs. I don't know. I needed opinion of people about this. I am really in a spite of depression. To go or not to go.
regina requires GMAT ? if so in wt range ?

well, i havent yet been to canada..so i can only tell from wt i heard..clearly ontario has competition from citizens n PR holders for full time jobs..so if ur on a work permit it is better to be in other provinces

rogue_shah

Apr 8, 2013
Please refer here:
http://www.uregina.ca/gradstudies/future-students/international-students/before-apply/minimum-standard.html

This link alone might not provide relevant requirements, but it's a good starting point as requirements may vary based on your country and your previous qualification. As for GMAT, I don't remember correctly if they did ask for GMAT or they waived because of my Professional qualification. I did send it as I had a free report.

BUMP: for original question.