+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Saskatchewan -- How to issue Health Card, Driving license and SIN

AbdelAllah

Aug 24, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hello all,

I applied for SINP OID in Jan 2018 and till now nothing happened :(, my application is still in AR stage.

I thought I would get some information about how to issue the following:
(1) Health Card, and is it valid the first day I'm in Saskatchewan?
(2) Driving license?
(3) SIN?.
(4) Also, can I ask for my PR cards and other documents (like Health cards, driving license, etc) be sent to an address in another province until I get a permanent address in Saskatchewan ?

Thanks..

/A\

vensak

VIP Member
Jul 14, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
SIN is easy - once you have landed you can ask for it and you will get it like in 10 min in the designated office (nothing needs to be sent).

Driving licence - it depends if you can exchange your or not. But both way you will get temporary driving licence after the exchange (and the permanent one by post). Otherwise you will get it after passing the prescribed exam.

Health card - you are only eligible for that one 3 month after settling in the province (in your case would be after landing).

And for Health card and driving licence they will need a valid address in the province.

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
@vensak and others
Please what is the address/zip code of the location office in Regina to obtain the SIN?
Apart from SIN, please what else do I need to do?
Responding to a 5 year post. Look up local Service Canada office in Regina. Go to the Sask website about applying for health card and driver’s license (may need road test/exam). Canada doesn’t have zip codes so use your postal code.