+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

SAP BI/BO/HANA

kiranus357

Aug 10, 2014
HI

I am working on SAP BI/BW/BO and HANA Thinking of applying for FSW ..but i am unable to understand where i fit i mean which NOC code...Can any body in this world help me in understanding which code i belong to ...I request people not to speculate and i request people from SAP BI/BW family to actively participate in deciding the NOC code i am little scared because a wrong NOC code might turn out to be the end of the road for FSW

I have listed by roles and responsibilities in 3 areas The NOC codes i probably belong is
1)2171 Information systems analysts and consultants
2)2172 Database analysts and data administrators
3)2173 Software engineers and designers
4)2174 Computer programmers and interactive media developers

Please find my roles and responsibilities( i know its little lengthy but please go trough and suggest me)
SAP BW/BI
Documented and identified standard and custom processes for the client
 Requirements gathering from the user mapping into business requirement document.
 Mapping the requirement to the functional specifications document.
 Understanding functional specs and evaluating technical solutions
 Implemented data warehouse layer with data stores to support SD,PS,IM, FI, AR, and AP document level data storage.
 Involved in proposing high level design for various data targets like info cubes and DSO to meet the business requirement.
 Involved in designing data flows to extract sales and Finance data from SAP ECC 6.0 system.
 Developed numerous custom data sources using database views and custom function modules.
 Installed number of InfoObjects, Infosources, DSO and Infocubes from Business Content and later customized some of these objects to meet the business requirements
 Designed number of Process chains to automate the daily delta data loads from SAP ECC system.
 Analyzed existing complex systems to understand and document data elements, relationships, data flow, and dependencies.
Developed Process Chains to automate the whole daily delta loads in the development server after initial loads were completed in each application. Testing the same, there by transporting the Process Chains into the Production Server.
 Analyze the errors occurred while uploading the data if the request fails and make the latest data available in data target.
 Ensure data sent to Info Providers are ready for reporting.
 Extracted and loaded data from SAP R/3 into Custom Sales Infocube using Datasources 2LIS_11_VAHDR, 2LIS_11_VAITM, 2LIS_13_VDHDR and 2LIS_13_VDITM.
 Enhanced the datasources by adding the required additional fields in ECC and mapped the same with corresponding newly created infoobjects on BI side.

Roles ans responsibilities on SAP/HANA[/b][/b]

 Creation of Configuration in SLT (SAP Landscape Transformation) and replicated the data from source system to SAP HANA system.
 Monitoring and optimization of the replication process in SLT.
 Creation of Attribute views, Analytic views, Calculation Views based on replication data in HANA modeler.
 Optimization of the modeling using Calculation Engine (CE) operators in SQL Script.
 Creation of Analytic privilege and applied restrictions on the Information views.
 Creation of Procedures for complex modeling.
 Restricted access to data by assigning relevant Roles to Users based on user profile.
 For data analysis, Information spaces created in Explorer based on HANA Information views.
 Maintained Customized Data Source and have used Data Source from Self-Source System..

Roles and responsibilities on BEX/BO

 Worked Extensively on Query Designer using Conditions, Exception highlighting, restricted key figures, Variables, Filters, Free Characteristics, Structures, and Cell Restrictions.
 Extensively worked on Query Designer and Web application designer to create Queries to forecast sales and delivery analysis using Variables, filters and exceptions.
 Involved in performance tuning and scheduling batch processes through process chains and also involved in evaluation of statistical performance and suggested recommendations to Basis support for optimization.
Worked collaboratively with business owners to assist in development of Business Objects universe and Reports.
Tasks including requirement gathering, development, and testing.
Gather customer business and technical requirements and write high-quality requirements documents.
Perform comprehensive BI and DWH systems evaluations and write testing documents.
Universe design and implementation.
Plan, document, and conduct unit and system testing.
Involved in testing universe and reports for correct mapping of objects.
Identify and resolve data integrity issues.
Provide input, recommendations, and resolutions for technical issues.
Documentation of universe and supporting guidance for end users.
Extensively worked with Web Intelligence XI R3 and Info View to create thin client reports based on the business requirements.
Migrated Business Objects XI R2 content in to Business Objects XI R3 environment using the Import Wizard
Designed and developed WebI Reports as per the Users Requirements using the features in Business Objects including: Master/detail, charts, cross Tabs, slice and dice, drilling down to analyze the data.

zstream

Champion Member
May 26, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-08-2014
Nomination.....
14-12-2014
AOR Received.
19-01-2015
Med's Request
11-03-2015
Med's Done....
15-03-2015
Passport Req..
14-10-2015
VISA ISSUED...
28-10-2015
kiranus357 said:
HI

I am working on SAP BI/BW/BO and HANA Thinking of applying for FSW ..but i am unable to understand where i fit i mean which NOC code...Can any body in this world help me in understanding which code i belong to ...I request people not to speculate and i request people from SAP BI/BW family to actively participate in deciding the NOC code i am little scared because a wrong NOC code might turn out to be the end of the road for FSW

I have listed by roles and responsibilities in 3 areas The NOC codes i probably belong is

Please find my roles and responsibilities( i know its little lengthy but please go trough and suggest me)
SAP BW/BI
 Requirements gathering from the user mapping into business requirement document.
 Implemented data warehouse layer with data stores to support SD,PS,IM, FI, AR, and AP document level data storage.
 Involved in proposing high level design for various data targets like info cubes and DSO to meet the business requirement.
 Involved in designing data flows to extract sales and Finance data from SAP ECC 6.0 system.
 Developed numerous custom data sources using database views and custom function modules.
 Installed number of InfoObjects, Infosources, DSO and Infocubes from Business Content and later customized some of these objects to meet the business requirements
 Designed number of Process chains to automate the daily delta data loads from SAP ECC system.
 Analyzed existing complex systems to understand and document data elements, relationships, data flow, and dependencies.
Developed Process Chains to automate the whole daily delta loads in the development server after initial loads were completed in each application. Testing the same, there by transporting the Process Chains into the Production Server.
 Analyze the errors occurred while uploading the data if the request fails and make the latest data available in data target.
 Extracted and loaded data from SAP R/3 into Custom Sales Infocube using Datasources 2LIS_11_VAHDR, 2LIS_11_VAITM, 2LIS_13_VDHDR and 2LIS_13_VDITM.
 Enhanced the datasources by adding the required additional fields in ECC and mapped the same with corresponding newly created infoobjects on BI side.

 Creation of Configuration in SLT (SAP Landscape Transformation) and replicated the data from source system to SAP HANA system.
 Creation of Attribute views, Analytic views, Calculation Views based on replication data in HANA modeler.
 Optimization of the modeling using Calculation Engine (CE) operators in SQL Script.
 Creation of Analytic privilege and applied restrictions on the Information views.
 Restricted access to data by assigning relevant Roles to Users based on user profile.
 For data analysis, Information spaces created in Explorer based on HANA Information views.
 Maintained Customized Data Source and have used Data Source from Self-Source System..

 Worked Extensively on Query Designer using Conditions, Exception highlighting, restricted key figures, Variables, Filters, Free Characteristics, Structures, and Cell Restrictions.
 Extensively worked on Query Designer and Web application designer to create Queries to forecast sales and delivery analysis using Variables, filters and exceptions.
 Involved in performance tuning and scheduling batch processes through process chains and also involved in evaluation of statistical performance and suggested recommendations to Basis support for optimization.
Worked collaboratively with business owners to assist in development of Business Objects universe and Reports.
Gather customer business and technical requirements and write high-quality requirements documents.
Perform comprehensive BI and DWH systems evaluations and write testing documents.
Extensively worked with Web Intelligence XI R3 and Info View to create thin client reports based on the business requirements.
Migrated Business Objects XI R2 content in to Business Objects XI R3 environment using the Import Wizard
Designed and developed WebI Reports as per the Users Requirements using the features in Business Objects including: Master/detail, charts, cross Tabs, slice and dice, drilling down to analyze the data.
Look BI generally goes under 2172, so take a look at that NOC duties and see if that match with your duties.

kiranus357

Aug 10, 2014
Thanks a lot Zstream for your reply i have been waiting for a reply...but just to know y not other codes i was actually thinking of 2171 as well...do u know any body who has a suceess story applying with the same code(2172)....

zstream

Champion Member
May 26, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-08-2014
Nomination.....
14-12-2014
AOR Received.
19-01-2015
Med's Request
11-03-2015
Med's Done....
15-03-2015
Passport Req..
14-10-2015
VISA ISSUED...
28-10-2015
kiranus357 said:
Thanks a lot Zstream for your reply i have been waiting for a reply...but just to know y not other codes i was actually thinking of 2171 as well...do u know any body who has a suceess story applying with the same code(2172)....
The experience letter that you will get from your organization need to match with some NOC. So if you can get a reference/experience letter that can match with 2171 that is fine. It is not the opposite way around, that your letter should match with every NOC.

akd1986

Aug 13, 2014
Chennai
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-10-2014
IELTS Request
Submitted with application
I m into SAP BI BO as well

I m applying under NOC 2172

check mapleofsap.com ...i found the site to be very useful :)

kiranus357

Aug 10, 2014
Thanks Zstream...akd1986...I have seen maple 2-3 days back but I was not convinced as that was the only site wich listed BI/BO under 2172....it was little hard for me to go buy one page on Internet wich has no official validity ...probably the best way to determine the code for us would be asking the BI family to participate more in this discussion....have you applied? If not just hold lets wait for other people to participate and then decide..

coolvenk

Dec 18, 2012
Hi Friends .. even iam applying as SAP BI/BW consultant with noc as 2171. bur after seeing mapleleaf .. m confused. it will be great if some one who already got success putting 2171 can please guide me. :(

Thanks

sk_ind_cad

Sep 3, 2015
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
6th Jan 2016
AOR Received.
6th Jan 2016
Med's Done....
8th Jan 2016
Passport Req..
5th July 2016
VISA ISSUED...
19th July 2016
Guys Same confusion for me as well.

I am SAP BW BO consultant..

Is it 2171 or 2172???

PLease help!!!

russellx

Star Member
Oct 18, 2016
Visa Office......
AVO
App. Filed.......
11-09-2014
Med's Done....
03-10-2016 (re-meds)
Interview........
None
Passport Req..
21-04-2017
LANDED..........
11-09-2017
kiranus357 said:
HI

SAP BW/BI

If you are confused or not sure, you can send an email to NC-noc-CNP-GD@hrsdc-rhdcc.gc.ca. List your duties and responsibilities and ask them to help you match your duties with the right noc.

Russ

dguru

Oct 4, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
AVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-11-2015
AOR Received.
12-02-2015
Med's Request
17-08-2015
Med's Done....
21-08-2015
Passport Req..
08-03-2016
VISA ISSUED...
21-03-2016
LANDED..........
29-06-2016 (1st Landing)
JISA123 said:
How is the job market for sap Hana/BI/BW in Canada.Can you please respond.
Hi JISA123, you can check job sites ike indeed.ca to have a feel of the Jobs in your area of focus. I am a SAP BASIS/Security Expert planning for migration too.

Regards,

junti

Jan 12, 2018
Can someone with a success story confirm NOC for SAP BO...is it 2171/2172 or 2173?
new to the process and confused with NOC

thanks in advance