+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

SAP Basis jobs, planning for applying canada PR from india

knanig10

Aug 4, 2014
Hi Folks,

I have 5 yrs SAP Basis experience in India and planning to apply for Canada PR this year.

Many of my friends are applying for Canada PR and I wish to apply as well but bit worried on leaving a steady job in leading MNC for Canada PR, any suggestions or advice would be welcome on SAP Market in Canada. Is the risk worthy enough, I have lived in UK before and faced lot of hardship during 2008-10 recession time in getting jobs as UK jobs are first offered to UK national and European nationals. Is this same case in Canada or PR holders are treated like citizens without any discrimination.

Thanks in advance.

Regards,
Nani

Maple Leaf SAP

Dec 10, 2012
Hi Nani,

I completely understand your concerns. Any expatriation project comes with some risks and there is no guarantee that it will work out. On the other side, there are many immigrants who have found jobs and who are recognized for their skill set and experience. Moreover, demand for qualified SAP resources is still higher than the offer.

Unfortunately, discrimination also exists in Canada like everywhere else in the world. However, in the context of SAP, companies are used to immigrants from all over the world and have learnt to focus on qualifications rather than origins.

I invite you to check out mapleleafSAP.com which contains a lot of pertinent information for SAP consultants who would like to immigrate to Canada.

Let me know if you have further questions, it will be a pleasure to help.

Bernhard
mapleleafSAP.com