+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

same sex couple express Entry?

Maroccino

Jan 18, 2019
Hello guys !
Well to start, I am applying with my partner, we are not legally married because it s a crime in my country. We live together unofficially for more than 5 years. We have a double life obviously to stay alive.
I am very concerned about how to manage proof of the relationship..
If you have an idea, or maybe know more about it, please share it us.

Have a nice day

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Hello guys !
Well to start, I am applying with my partner, we are not legally married because it s a crime in my country. We live together unofficially for more than 5 years. We have a double life obviously to stay alive.
I am very concerned about how to manage proof of the relationship..
If you have an idea, or maybe know more about it, please share it us.

Have a nice day
Well you're definitely common law from Canada's perspective. Do you have mail that shows a joint address? Any bank account statements with the same address or credit card statements?

Reactions: Maroccino

Maroccino

Jan 18, 2019
Well you're definitely common law from Canada's perspective. Do you have mail that shows a joint address? Any bank account statements with the same address or credit card statements?
Thank you for your response ! We don’t have any official paper with the same address. We have different bank accounts signed to different address. We kept on erasing proofs from family and police unfortunately.
But we have photos and private conversations, also two dogs together... What do you think ?

RohitV

Star Member
Aug 19, 2018
Delhi
App. Filed.......
27-09-2018
Basically they need some proof that u have been connected or together. Bank statement is the easiest.
I don't know how easy it is for a gay couple to have a joint bank account in ur country.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Thank you for your response ! We don’t have any official paper with the same address. We have different bank accounts signed to different address. We kept on erasing proofs from family and police unfortunately.
But we have photos and private conversations, also two dogs together... What do you think ?
For common law you must prove that you have at least one year of continuous cohabitation. I don't think you can prove this with photos, private conversations and the fact you have two dogs. IRCC is generally looking for proof of joint address.

Maroccino

Jan 18, 2019
Basically they need some proof that u have been connected or together. Bank statement is the easiest.
I don't know how easy it is for a gay couple to have a joint bank account in ur country.
God bless you.
Thanks a lot for your answer.
Unfortunately it s not possible to have a joint bank account for gay couples. We try our best not to get caught and go to prison.. seems to me like a trap

RohitV

Star Member
Aug 19, 2018
Delhi
App. Filed.......
27-09-2018
Don't u have even whatsApp conversation? @scylla.. They can be killed moment their secret is out. I'm sure Canada is lenient about such delicate matters.

RohitV

Star Member
Aug 19, 2018
Delhi
App. Filed.......
27-09-2018
Thanks a lot for your answer.
Unfortunately it s not possible to have a joint bank account for gay couples. We try our best not to get caught and go to prison.. seems to me like a trap[/QUOTE

How do business partners open bank account? U don't have to open bank account as couple, but as 2 individuals. Is this small thing also a problem in Morocco?

Maroccino

Jan 18, 2019
For common law you must prove that you have at least one year of continuous cohabitation. I don't think you can prove this with photos, private conversations and the fact you have two dogs. IRCC is generally looking for proof of joint address.
Don't u have even whatsApp conversation? @scylla.. They can be killed moment their secret is out. I'm sure Canada is lenient about such delicate matters.
I think we have something we did have a company for 2 years., we closed it a year ago because it didn’t work. Can it be a proof ?

mgnlky

Champion Member
Jan 22, 2016
Vancouver
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
22-12-2016
AOR Received.
22-12-2016
Med's Done....
04-11-2016
Passport Req..
22-3-2017
LANDED..........
04-09-2017
If you live together, do you have a lease agreement showing both of your names? Utility bills? Anything of that nature? Like someone said above, you definitely meet the common law definition, and given the situation I do wonder if even a years worth of proof you both received mail at the same address, combined with pictures, conversations, etc., would help your case.