+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Same NOC category, but different codes - affecting total experience to go over 3 years.

nv1992

Sep 27, 2017
Hi,

I have full-time, continuous work experience in the following NOC codes.
– (NOC-A) NOC-2171: 1 year.
– (NOC-A) NOC-2173: 2.5 years.

There is no gap between the switch. Both come under the NOC-A category but have different codes – 2171 and 2173.

Can I apply for the Express Entry App Canada with an experience of “3 years or more” under the same NOC category but different code? Or due to the different codes, I cannot count a total of 3 years?

Thanks.

DelPiero07

VIP Member
Oct 2, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
For eligibility purposes you only need a year of continuous work experience, after completing such requirement you can add all other work experience even if they are in different NOC's in order to obtain the maximum CRS points for 3 years of foreign work experience.

nv1992

Sep 27, 2017
For eligibility purposes you only need a year of continuous work experience, after completing such requirement you can add all other work experience even if they are in different NOC's in order to obtain the maximum CRS points for 3 years of foreign work experience.
Yes, showing experience of 3 years or more improves my score drastically. I was concerned because on the government website it mentions that one needs a continuous, full-time employment in the same NOC. But it doesn't mention if it should be in the same category or even the codes need be the same.

Thank you for clearing it up.