+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Same noc, 2 different job titles, can i do just 1 entry for both?

empower

Star Member
Apr 9, 2023
@chaudri I have 2 positions in same company 2017-2018 and 2018-2019 in same NOC with different job titles. Can I put them together as 1 entry in work history and personal history? Please share how to write job titles together and what worked for you. Thanks so much.

pierrekiprov

Star Member
Apr 23, 2018
It would be better if you put them as separate to avoid any misunderstandings. You can further elaborate in your LOE when you submit your application. Good luck!

empower

Star Member
Apr 9, 2023
T
It would be better if you put them as separate to avoid any misunderstandings. You can further elaborate in your LOE when you submit your application. Good luck!
I dont have official reference letter for this experience so I am providing a lot of supporting documents. That would be too much duplications of supporting documents right?

empower

Star Member
Apr 9, 2023
@NikSharma01
I have 2 positions in same company 2017-2018 and 2018-2019 in same NOC with different job titles. Can I put them together as 1 entry in work history and personal history? Please share how to write job titles together and what worked for you. Thanks so much.

pierrekiprov

Star Member
Apr 23, 2018
T

I dont have official reference letter for this experience so I am providing a lot of supporting documents. That would be too much duplications of supporting documents right?
In that case, if you are able to put them as 1 job role instead of 2 and ask your employer if you can tingle your letter, it could go more smoothly.

empower

Star Member
Apr 9, 2023
My point being is instead of putting 2 roles, why not just stick with 1 role from 2017 - 2019? It should make it easier for you write your ref letter as 1 role for the whole period.
My supporting documents has my initial position mentioned and my experience letter has my last position mentioned.
Since i am unable to get reference letter on letterhead as the company closed, I have to provide supporting documents which includes my contract letter, offer letter, etc all of which contain my initial position.
I will be getting reference letter from my colleague mentioning both positions in 1 reference letter.

The main question now being that since I must mention both positions and I don't want to duplicate those documents by 2 entries, how would I enter 2 position names in 1 entry? Has anyone done this and got accepted by IRCC?

pierrekiprov

Star Member
Apr 23, 2018
My supporting documents has my initial position mentioned and my experience letter has my last position mentioned.
Since i am unable to get reference letter on letterhead as the company closed, I have to provide supporting documents which includes my contract letter, offer letter, etc all of which contain my initial position.
I will be getting reference letter from my colleague mentioning both positions in 1 reference letter.

The main question now being that since I must mention both positions and I don't want to duplicate those documents by 2 entries, how would I enter 2 position names in 1 entry? Has anyone done this and got accepted by IRCC?
The thing is that you cant add 2 positions in 1 line, it has to be one for each or only 1 line covering 1 role. If you add two jobs then you have two options:
1. mention both positions in 1 reference letter and support that with everything that you have such as pay stubs, contract, change of contract terms and if you can get extra letters from previous supervisors, managers and coworkers that will be better
2. Ask your coworker to write another reference letter for your second role and again support everything with additional paperwork. In my opinion, this is the best course of action as it is also safer.

Are you currently in the Pool?

chiragbatra

Nov 23, 2022
Hey, what did you end up doing? I'm in the same situation. I have 3 positions with the same employer for a period of 4 years. But I have combined all the positions in the same entry and put 3 positions in the "role" column such as - "Position 01; Position 02; Position 03".