+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Same Job Experience in both Companies, should I copy paste ?

patel21

Sep 19, 2018
Hello everyone,

I am planning to apply for Express Entry as a Software Developer with NOC 2174. I am a freelancer now but worked in two companies previously. As I need job responsibilities/duties of my previous companies on the Company's letterhead, I contacted them and both have asked me to draft the responsibilities for them and they will print it on their letterhead.

The problem is that my job duties were Exactly the same in both the companies, so should I copy paste the job duties I have prepared on both of them. Wouldn't that raise suspicion in the mind of immigration officer.

Or should I draft another set of job duties for second company with different wordings? I am afraid and want to be very sure on how to proceed with this.

I need to show experience of both the companies as only then the combined experience is more than 3 years.

Last edited:

Maverick28

VIP Member
Feb 5, 2017
Canada
Hello everyone,

I am planning to apply for Express Entry as a Software Developer with NOC 2174. I am a freelancer now but worked in two companies previously. As I need job responsibilities/duties of my previous companies on the Company's letterhead, I contacted them and both have asked me to draft the responsibilities for them and they will print it on their letterhead.

The problem is that my job duties were Exactly the same in both the companies, so should I copy paste the job duties I have prepared on both of them. Wouldn't that raise suspicion in the mind of immigration officer.

Or should I draft another set of job duties for second company with different wordings? I am afraid and want to be very sure on how to proceed with this.

I need to show experience of both the companies as only then the combined experience is more than 3 years.
You have already answered your own query. Two different companies giving the same letter will definitely raise a suspicion.

Reactions: patel21