Category........
PNP
NOC Code......
Nomination.....
20-May-2021
AOR Received.
02-07-2021
Hi,
There's a great deal of information available on this forum about proof of funds. But I couldn't find any thread on how to show sale of jewelry as proof of funds.

I'm primary applicant and my wife will sale her jewelry to contribute half of the funds required and I'm selling my car.

The procedure and documents for the sale of car is simple and mentioned in various threads but nowhere I've found anything on how to show jewelry sale.

The normal shop receipt would be okay along with my wife's affidavit declaring that she has sold her jewelry?

As in indo pak, usually the sale is cash based to avoid tax authorities so shops usually don't use cheques to pay the seller. If that's the scenario what is the solution?

Thanks.

Maverick28

VIP Member
Feb 5, 2017
Canada
Hi,
There's a great deal of information available on this forum about proof of funds. But I couldn't find any thread on how to show sale of jewelry as proof of funds.

I'm primary applicant and my wife will sale her jewelry to contribute half of the funds required and I'm selling my car.

The procedure and documents for the sale of car is simple and mentioned in various threads but nowhere I've found anything on how to show jewelry sale.

The normal shop receipt would be okay along with my wife's affidavit declaring that she has sold her jewelry?

As in indo pak, usually the sale is cash based to avoid tax authorities so shops usually don't use cheques to pay the seller. If that's the scenario what is the solution?

Thanks.
Sale receipt, accompanies with the bank statement showing the cash being deposited in your account and a letter of explanation should do.

Talha Zubair

Star Member
May 29, 2020
Category........
PNP
NOC Code......
Nomination.....
20-May-2021
AOR Received.
02-07-2021
I thhink we cant show jewellery as POF
I'm not going showing jewelry as pof rather the proceeds from selling that jewelry. So, I think it would be classified and more comparable to pof coming from sale of assets.

Talha Zubair

Star Member
May 29, 2020
Category........
PNP
NOC Code......
Nomination.....
20-May-2021
AOR Received.
02-07-2021
Sale receipt, accompanies with the bank statement showing the cash being deposited in your account and a letter of explanation should do.
Thank you! I'm trying my best to get as much documents as possible to make it easier and verifiable for immigration officer. I will try to get a notorized sale deed along with the cheque and receipt. Let's hope it goes through well.

Talha Zubair

Star Member
May 29, 2020
Category........
PNP
NOC Code......
Nomination.....
20-May-2021
AOR Received.
02-07-2021
I will also add in a notorized affidavit from my wife declaring that she has sold off her jewelry and has nothing to do with it anymore.

cooolideal

Jul 2, 2014
I will also add in a notorized affidavit from my wife declaring that she has sold off her jewelry and has nothing to do with it anymore.
u received ITA? if yes thats gr8

Moreover, if they accept sale deed & jewellery then this will be beneficial for all as I heard that they not accept any type of affidavit / or receipt of good value...
But if it really works please let me know bcoz I m also looking for this option.

Talha Zubair

Star Member
May 29, 2020
Category........
PNP
NOC Code......
Nomination.....
20-May-2021
AOR Received.
02-07-2021

Moreover, if they accept sale deed & jewellery then this will be beneficial for all as I heard that they not accept any type of affidavit / or receipt of good value...
But if it really works please let me know bcoz I m also looking for this option.
I haven't received the ITA yet but I'm aligning my documents so to get things in order when it comes.
Moreover, I'm not sure if your information is 100% accurate about them not accepting any affidavit or sale deed.

If someone has liquidated their assets to show as pof then the mist relevant legal documentation to show is sale deed and affidavit declaring that asset has been sold.

Furthermore, I don't think the sale of assets is not that rare in immigration cases where people have liquidated their assets to show pof. It's just that I haven't heard from anyone or read anywhere how to show sale of "jewelry" as pof.

As mentioned above by an old member "mevrick" that these documents should be suffice. But let's hope!! I will keep you posted.

Maverick28

VIP Member
Feb 5, 2017
Canada

If you can show a proper trail of the money (which shows that you sold an asset and that money was deposited in your account), there should not be an issue.

cooolideal

Jul 2, 2014
I haven't received the ITA yet but I'm aligning my documents so to get things in order when it comes.
Moreover, I'm not sure if your information is 100% accurate about them not accepting any affidavit or sale deed.

If someone has liquidated their assets to show as pof then the mist relevant legal documentation to show is sale deed and affidavit declaring that asset has been sold.

Furthermore, I don't think the sale of assets is not that rare in immigration cases where people have liquidated their assets to show pof. It's just that I haven't heard from anyone or read anywhere how to show sale of "jewelry" as pof.

As mentioned above by an old member "mevrick" that these documents should be suffice. But let's hope!! I will keep you posted.
I think now I understand that you are not showing jewelry / sale deed as POF...you are showing that u have money which is obtained by selling of sale deed or jewelry..right?

KOMARI

Star Member
Jan 12, 2017
I am having almost the same issue with POF. I have already received ITA a couple of months ago. I have sold the sum of 24014 CAD worth of jewelry to my mother-in-law coz she refused to let her daughter sell them and offered to buy them since they have a personal value for her. I have deposited the money cash in my account. Both my mother in-law and my wife made self declaration about this operation. I wanted to add the jewelry receipts I received when I first bought them but I could not because I lost the majority of them. What is your opinion about this?