+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Salary expectations when moving from US to Canada on same Job

psona

Jul 17, 2018
Hello friends...I am in the process of transferring to Canada from my current Job in the US . Can somebody please give me an idea of what I should expect in terms of a paycut that might happen. percentage wise , what paycut did you experience ? Just trying to set my expectations right here . If it helps , I am full time employee in SAP Finance domain. What are usual salaries in SAP profession? I have checked glassdoor and some other websites but they have a very wide range . I would like to get some more realistic data

Qwertypod

Jan 28, 2019
I think this is something better answered by your employer, since it sounds like you are simply transferring within the company? Keep in mind that cost of living is also higher and the Canadian dollar is valued less.

psona

Jul 17, 2018
My employer is working on quote for me but I would like to hear experiences from people who have completed that process . Just to get an idea on what is a general trend.

psona

Jul 17, 2018
Thank You ......For people who have moved from US To Canada , did you have to get a paycut or did your company map you as is ?

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Thank You ......For people who have moved from US To Canada , did you have to get a paycut or did your company map you as is ?
Almost all got a pay cut. Your salary will need to be in line with those who are doing the same job in Canada and have similar education and work history.