+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Salary effects to PR decisions? Please share

MiniMonkey

Jul 3, 2013
Dear all,

I wondering if the Visa officer will notice the salary that the applicant make when they apply for PR ?

thanks

bickyii

Nov 1, 2011
Toronto, ON
MiniMonkey said:
Dear all,

I wondering if the Visa officer will notice the salary that the applicant make when they apply for PR ?

thanks
Most likely not in case of CEC, because NOC 0, A & B are skilled level jobs and they are supposed to get paid enough.

MiniMonkey

Jul 3, 2013
MY job title is Aministrative assistant/Translator but i pay low. However i saw post mention that a visa officer will consider about if you are a good revenue for Canada economic. so i am not sure if visa officer may think that if the wages so low like $10.25 may not qualified,

jsm0085

Champion Member
Feb 26, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
It depends on the officer and it depends on the case. It depends if their is another NOC with similar duties that is of a class not eligible under CEC.

If you are getting paid minimum wage and the officer isn't convinced that you are doing the job you say you are, they can (and have) use the wage to support their argument.

CEC2013

Dec 8, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04 FEB 2013
Doc's Request.
26 NOV 2013 (RPRF)
AOR Received.
14 MAR 2013
IELTS Request
Sent with application.
Med's Request
27 NOV 2013
Med's Done....
29 NOV 2013
Interview........
Waived.
Passport Req..
09 DEC 2013
VISA ISSUED...
19 DEC 2013
LANDED..........
21 DEC 2013
This has been a long standing discussion from before....as some applicants have been rejected on grounds that their wage is not commensurate with position. I dont think its a problem if its a small discrepancy...but if you are nuclear engineer supposed to be making 50/hr, but are only paid 10/hr, then thats gonna set off some flags. And if I was the VO, I would then look more into the file.

If you are in NOC B and you are making over the minimum wage, I dont think it will be too much of an issue. If you are a manager, but still make the same, then its gonna depend on industry and other factors....but prob going to be flagged.

MiniMonkey

Jul 3, 2013
Thanks for the information fiends,

May I have other question regarding to the LMO application , please?
I have been posted on forum but noone answer yet. and I am very stress out now.

I have been working at my company since Decmber 2012 till present. By the time mmy Post Graduate work permit expired in Oct 27, 2013 , i will get 10 months skill work experience as skill B. However, my employer doesnt want to apply LMO for me. I have about 4 months left now. Beside that, my cousin who own a Pawn shop would like to help me.
My questions are: is it a good idea if I start to work for her and she apply for the LMO which desmontrate my name on the application? or should she does the LMO first and not desmontrate my name on the application? Which way is better to get the positive LMO? work permit will be expired in Oct 27 this year.

Pleas help.
I will really appreciate it

OHKIDDA

Star Member
Sep 1, 2012
MiniMonkey said:
Thanks for the information fiends,

May I have other question regarding to the LMO application , please?
I have been posted on forum but noone answer yet. and I am very stress out now.

I have been working at my company since Decmber 2012 till present. By the time mmy Post Graduate work permit expired in Oct 27, 2013 , i will get 10 months skill work experience as skill B. However, my employer doesnt want to apply LMO for me. I have about 4 months left now. Beside that, my cousin who own a Pawn shop would like to help me.
My questions are: is it a good idea if I start to work for her and she apply for the LMO which desmontrate my name on the application? or should she does the LMO first and not desmontrate my name on the application? Which way is better to get the positive LMO? work permit will be expired in Oct 27 this year.

Pleas help.
I will really appreciate it
She will have to share your name at some point. You can't have a unnamed application. She can share it on the application now, or if your LMO is approved, she will have to share it then. You don't have a higher chance of getting an LMO if your name is not on it. Remember, even if you get an LMO, immigration can deny you a work permit for whatever reason. So don't try to trick the system.

jes_ON

VIP Member
Jun 22, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
New York
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-May-2010
AOR Received.
13-Aug-2010
File Transfer...
01-Mar-2011
Passport Req..
30-Jun-2011
VISA ISSUED...
12-Jul-2011 (received 25-Jul-2011)
LANDED..........
03-Sep-2011
CEC2013 said:
...as some applicants have been rejected on grounds that their wage is not commensurate with position.
I agree with all CEC2013's points, except this - it may be semantics, but I would say instead that some applicants have be refused because the VO is not convinced that the applicant has the required skilled work experience. (Can't be refused for wages, it is not a program criteria.) If the wage is not commensurate with the position, that may be one factor that the VO considers, but there will have to be something else - they will find a problem with the letter of employment, job duties/NOC, mismatch in terms of hours worked / salary received, etc., something else that challenges the credibility of the evidence you provide.

CEC2013

Dec 8, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04 FEB 2013
Doc's Request.
26 NOV 2013 (RPRF)
AOR Received.
14 MAR 2013
IELTS Request
Sent with application.
Med's Request
27 NOV 2013
Med's Done....
29 NOV 2013
Interview........
Waived.
Passport Req..
09 DEC 2013
VISA ISSUED...
19 DEC 2013
LANDED..........
21 DEC 2013
jes_ON said:
I agree with all CEC2013's points, except this - it may be semantics, but I would say instead that some applicants have be refused because the VO is not convinced that the applicant has the required skilled work experience. (Can't be refused for wages, it is not a program criteria.) If the wage is not commensurate with the position, that may be one factor that the VO considers, but there will have to be something else - they will find a problem with the letter of employment, job duties/NOC, mismatch in terms of hours worked / salary received, etc., something else that challenges the credibility of the evidence you provide.
Fair enough. And yes I agree that the wage is not a direct requirement....but thats why I mentioned that it would be a flag and if I were the VO, I would dig deeper into file and probably find something wrong. So unless your wage is completely off, I wouldnt worry too much about it. Its only where significant discrepancies are apparent.