+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

SAKI says Academic IELTS is not accepted. Qorax,PMM,others seniors comment

Ahmad06

Star Member
Mar 31, 2010
Dear all,is it that acceptibility of Academic IELTS is also changed on 26th June 2010.I think it does not change .However, now you hv to submit IELTS(Academic/General) results to your initial application to CIO

mahharrouf

Jan 23, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Page 30 of OP06 says...

11.5. Designated testing organizations

At the time of printing, designated testing organizations included:
English language testing organizations
• Applied Research and Evaluation Services (ARES), University of British Columbia administers
the Canadian English Language Proficiency Index Program (CELPIP)
• The University of Cambridge Local Examination Syndicate, Education Australia, and the
British Council administer the International English Language Testing System (IELTS).

Note: For the IELTS reading and writing tests, there are ‘General Training' and ‘Academic' options. CIC only requires applicants to have their proficiency assessed by the ‘General Training' test but will also accept the results of the ‘Academic' test. .

Source :-
http://www.cic.gc.ca/English/resources/manuals/op/op06-eng.pdf

Lilysh

May 2, 2010
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04/04/2010
IELTS Request
Done
File Transfer...
RBVO
Med's Request
Hopefully in February!
Med's Done....
Waiting!!!
Passport Req..
Waiting!!!
VISA ISSUED...
Waiting!!!
LANDED..........
spring 2011
Ahmad06 said:
Dear all,is it that acceptibility of Academic IELTS is also changed on 26th June 2010.I think it does not change .However, now you hv to submit IELTS(Academic/General) results to your initial application to CIO
Dear Ahmad06, if you applied before 26 June and already got 1 Aor these changes don't refer to you but if you are starting appl process after 26 June you must to pass General IELTS, it's new regulations of CIC. It says:

* Include the results of your test with your immigration application.

Note: If you do not include your test results with your application, it will not be processed and will be returned to you.

Do not request that your language test result be sent directly to the Centralized Intake Office . Submit your original test result with your complete application.

Note: IELTS has two options for the reading and writing tests: “General Training” and “Academic.” You must take the “General Training” option.

Last post after 26 June, from this link:

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/language-testing.asp

professional 1

Champion Member
Apr 25, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Lilysh said:
Dear Ahmad06, if you applied before 26 June and already got 1 Aor these changes don't refer to you but if you are starting appl process after 26 June you must to pass General IELTS, it's new regulations of CIC. It says:

* Include the results of your test with your immigration application.

Note: If you do not include your test results with your application, it will not be processed and will be returned to you.

Do not request that your language test result be sent directly to the Centralized Intake Office . Submit your original test result with your complete application.

Note: IELTS has two options for the reading and writing tests: “General Training” and “Academic.” You must take the “General Training” option.

Last post after 26 June, from this link:

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/language-testing.asp
They have never changed it in CIC website, only in the "OP 6", I have been checking that link (the CIC link) regularly during the last few months and it was never saying that the academic verison of the IELTS test is acceptable, only the updated "OP 6" was mentioning that point on page 31 (which is no longer updated now).

Therefore, it is still unclear yet whether they are still accepting the academic version or not, it will show in the new update in the "op 6".

rupeshhari

VIP Member
Sep 15, 2008
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Dec 2008 to CIO
Doc's Request.
Jan 2009
AOR Received.
Feb 2009 from VO
IELTS Request
Didn't do IELTS.
File Transfer...
Not transfered to regional office.
Med's Request
July 2010 with RPRF and another PCC.
Med's Done....
Meds - September 2010. PCC - Late Oct 2010
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Early November 2010
VISA ISSUED...
December 2010 - Exactly days shy of 2 years since I sent in my application to CIO.
LANDED..........

Was the above statement on CIC website before Jun 26th?

professional 1

Champion Member
Apr 25, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Maaties said:

Was the above statement on CIC website before Jun 26th?

Yes it was the same sentence exactly since i applied on June 2009 up until now.

rupeshhari

VIP Member
Sep 15, 2008
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Dec 2008 to CIO
Doc's Request.
Jan 2009
AOR Received.
Feb 2009 from VO
IELTS Request
Didn't do IELTS.
File Transfer...
Not transfered to regional office.
Med's Request
July 2010 with RPRF and another PCC.
Med's Done....
Meds - September 2010. PCC - Late Oct 2010
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Early November 2010
VISA ISSUED...
December 2010 - Exactly days shy of 2 years since I sent in my application to CIO.
LANDED..........
professional 1 said:
Yes it was the same sentence exactly since i applied on June 2009 up until now.
So they had the same statement on the website, yet the OP6 from that time allowed academic. I think they probably will allow academic now too. But of course, I am guessing.

professional 1

Champion Member
Apr 25, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Maaties said:
So they had the same statement on the website, yet the OP6 from that time allowed academic. I think they probably will allow academic now too. But of course, I am guessing.

Yes i think so as well.

Ahmad06

Star Member
Mar 31, 2010
I personally believe that acceptibility of Academic IELTS can't change just after 2 months ,which obviously hv no problem with CIC.However CIC prefers to hv General module as it does not wanna put extra burden on applicants to hv academic one.Minister didnt mention about the module of IELTS to take rather stressed to include IELTS score in initial application..if CIC website has the same statement before 26 June then IELTS modules must hv no issues.

DrDanishHabib

Jan 22, 2011
i applied in sep2010 and 2days back i got an official e-mail from CIO that i'm required to submitt IELTS-GT even though i scored 8.5 in IELTS academic
this clearly shows that they are not accepting IELTS ACADEMIC

CAN ANY ONE PLEASE FORWARD ME THE ORIGINAL PDF OF "OP 6", the link has been updated and the current version is of dec-2010, kindly send me "OP 6" version updated in MAy10 or June2010

thanks