+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Safety Officer Jobs in Canada.

nadeem74

Nov 15, 2013
Thanks for the genuine information on the subject. I am also thinking of applying for the same, however, after reading all the valuable members' input about this, I am having second thought. Can u please guide me what to do & how to proceed further? Please share your e-mail/ contact # if u don't mind.

nadeem74

Nov 15, 2013
Mr Zain Butt, can u please share your e-mail/ contact # to discuss o this subject on nadeem74@hotmail.com (Thanks)
[/quote]
zain butt said:
I came to Canada and now working as Safety Officer.

Safety Officer is not a scam its a genuine offer.

The people made it scam by receiving lot of payment for visas only.

If you are coming to Canada as Safety Officer, you don't need to pay thousands of dollars for job offer only.

There are many companies who are offering job offers free of cost.

Do, don't pay for the Job, its freeeeeeeeeeee.

CanadianJeepGuy

Champion Member
Jun 24, 2012
Winnipeg, Manitoba
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
NOC Code......
N/A
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-05-2012; "In Process" 26-04-2013
Doc's Request.
docs and pics resent 04-09-2012
AOR Received.
16-08-2012 (Unofficial. Received email missing docs)
File Transfer...
09-10-2012
Med's Request
April 14th 2013
Med's Done....
Dec 2011; re-med May 06 2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
May 06 2013
VISA ISSUED...
May 27 2013
LANDED..........
June 15th 2013
What are your skills and education?

CanadianJeepGuy

Champion Member
Jun 24, 2012
Winnipeg, Manitoba
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
NOC Code......
N/A
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
09-10-2012
Med's Request
April 14th 2013
Med's Done....
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
May 06 2013
VISA ISSUED...
May 27 2013
LANDED..........
June 15th 2013
Depending on what level of education and work experience you have will improve your chances for getting a better position then being a low income security guard. There are many scams being run by Canadian companies to hire foreigners at a cheaper wage rate and benefits. That is neither good for the foreign worker nor the Canadian employment situation.

I would give this advice. Try to immigrate here as a permanent resident. That's better for you and for Canadian workers. Make sure that you consult the Canadian Immigration and Citizenship website for all the proper procedures and documents required. Be very wary of anyone offering you a quick passage for a fee.

CanadianJeepGuy

Champion Member
Jun 24, 2012
Winnipeg, Manitoba
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
NOC Code......
N/A
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
09-10-2012
Med's Request
April 14th 2013
Med's Done....
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
May 06 2013
VISA ISSUED...
May 27 2013
LANDED..........
June 15th 2013
My pleasure.

I would also suggest that you think of immigrating to smaller cities in some of the prairie provinces. Toronto, Vancouver, Ottawa, Montreal are pretty tough places for anyone to start their lives over. Lots of economic growth happening in the prairie region at a much more affordable cost of living. Its also more appealing to CIC to see applications going to less popular places.

nadeem74

Nov 15, 2013
Thank you Brother (Canadianjeepguy) for your very honest advice.
I have 10-12 years of experience exclusively in Personnel Health & Safety field. I have recently done my MS in Project Management and done certification in "OHS Lead Auditor" last month. Presently doing health and safety Manager job in a construction company since last Jan.
So what are my chances of immigrating to Canada ? and how much time it will take ?

CanadianJeepGuy

Champion Member
Jun 24, 2012
Winnipeg, Manitoba
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
NOC Code......
N/A
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
09-10-2012
Med's Request
April 14th 2013
Med's Done....
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
May 06 2013
VISA ISSUED...
May 27 2013
LANDED..........
June 15th 2013
nadeem74 said:
Thank you Brother (Canadianjeepguy) for your very honest advice.
I have 10-12 years of experience exclusively in Personnel Health & Safety field. I have recently done my MS in Project Management and done certification in "OHS Lead Auditor" last month. Presently doing health and safety Manager job in a construction company since last Jan.
So what are my chances of immigrating to Canada ? and how much time it will take ?
Good educational background. It can take a few years depending on which avenue you apply through. You can apply as a skilled worker to permanently immigrate.

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/index.asp?_ga=1.155176442.354473745.1408460873

Gowtham301

May 7, 2014
Hi guys, I am safety engineer..... from INDIA....

Wants to know few info about jobs in Canada in occupational health and safety field...

I am into construction field..

Which province is best for safety jobs?

Average salary?

I have 5 years of experience...

Thank U...

dental15

Oct 28, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
It's scam, be careful

Many people confused between safety officer and security guard or officer. They are different jobs.

Safety officer requries some specific skills, you are better to go to occpation health & safety course first. Canadian colleges provides these program.

If you want to be a security guard, you need a driver license, first aid & cpr and relevent study like police foundation or social science, etc.

I know these jobs, because myself and my friends are working as a security guard. We also searched a lot about safety officer position.

Anyway, you need to finish relevent course in Canada first, and then applying to some companies. There is no easy way.

Best of luck!

chaitu_9626

Feb 7, 2016
Hi,

Even i am trying to apply for OH&S in NAIT..Can you please share if there is any other college which offer best.
I found BCIT..But the tution fee is damn high for a pgdip..I found 1yr dip in west ontario univ..Is it better to apply there??

Please reply

Gowtham301

May 7, 2014
Hi chaitu,

I am an HSE Professional working in india. My PR is in process.

Basically i dont have any idea about ur questions..... But i heard NAIT is good..

Can I know ur back ground in terms of education , experience and why u r interested in doing Occupational Health and safety course from Canada?

chaitu_9626

Feb 7, 2016
Gowtham301 said:
Hi chaitu,

I am an HSE Professional working in india. My PR is in process.

Basically i dont have any idea about ur questions..... But i heard NAIT is good..

Can I know ur back ground in terms of education , experience and why u r interested in doing Occupational Health and safety course from Canada?
Hi bro,

Thanks for your reply.

I have done my bachelors in Electrical engineering in 2014 and got a pgdip in Fire and industrial safety.I have experince as a safety officer for more than 1 year in construction field.I have done many UK and US certificate courses like NEBOSH,IRCA,HABC,IASP..etc

I want to do my higher studies in this field..I heard that canada has many oppurtunities after Dubai and US.

So I thought of applying canada..If you got to know any better course/country,Please share with me bro..

TIA

Gowtham301

May 7, 2014
Hi chaitu,

U did many certifications from UK and US.... that sounds great bro..

But I hope these certifications has no value in canada..... Have to do NCSO or BCRSP certification...

In which industry u r working right now..?

IF u have one year experience u can apply for express entry program for PR..

Yes, Canada has huge opportunities for safety field..

IRCA, HABC, IASP from which firm? NEBOSH IGC or IOGC? Completed??

I have 5 Years experience in safety field...

which course in NAIT and how much it costs.....

TIA