Visa Office......
Abu Dhabi
App. Filed.......
17th May
Med's Request
8 Sep
Passport Req..
29th Nov
Is it safe to defer after AIP and med req?
Will the eligibility be checked again?

ayesha_llk2

Aug 11, 2020
of course it is safe. If someone is rejected because of it , it means something changed in their offer letter. Infact you dont even need to tell IRCC if you defer, and your deferal is less than 150 days

Siddharthjh

Star Member
Sep 3, 2020
of course it is safe. If someone is rejected because of it , it means something changed in their offer letter. Infact you dont even need to tell IRCC if you defer, and your deferal is less than 150 days
That is when you get the study permit. Not for AIP. If you have received AIP and deferred to next intake. It is important to update the deferal letter through webform. This was clearly told in the webinar ircc conducted.

Siddharthjh

Star Member
Sep 3, 2020
Is it safe to defer after AIP and med req?
Will the eligibility be checked again?
The eligibility will not be checked again as told by the IRCC agent in the webinar. However the course and University should be the same. And also the updated LOA should be sent through webform.

abdlaqeel

Mar 10, 2020
Pakistan
Category........
STUDY
Visa Office......
Abu Dhabi
App. Filed.......
17th May
Med's Request
8 Sep
Passport Req..
29th Nov
The eligibility will not be checked again as told by the IRCC agent in the webinar. However the course and University should be the same. And also the updated LOA should be sent through webform.
Are you sure about it? Because I’ve seen people rejected after AIP :(

Siddharthjh

Star Member
Sep 3, 2020
Are you sure about it? Because I’ve seen people rejected after AIP :(
As told by IRCC agent in the webinar the eligibility won't be checked again. However the criminality , medical and document fraud might be checked. But I am not one hundred percent sure as there are some exceptions.

hooman98

Aug 23, 2020
Yes many have made the same mistake so don't defer just don't people are getting rejected because of that
The guy in this topic got rejected after receiving AIP but he didn't defer. It means that deferral is not a reason for rejection. Also, the IRCC agent in the webinar and their twitter account clearly stated that deferral won't change your eligibility status.

Reactions: Th3_Future

NIRAJ1986

Star Member
Sep 18, 2020
Hi guys
I received my AIP on 15 SEPT. (SEP-20 intake)
One year course, classes started and all.
But really uncomfortable not knowing what would be the final stage decision.
Even VFS in India isn't open yet. So finally decided to defer.
Did my medicals in DEC-2019 still not updated in my GC key.
As we all are aware AIPs are only for SEPT so deferring to JAN will affect second stage?
if anyone is in the same situation?

pallab_sust

Jul 10, 2020
can someone please clarify this answer. If I get visa and then manage to convince university to defer my application for next semester, I need to update in webform ?
or first I apply for defer and if i get it then i have to apply for visa with acceptance letter?