+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Sad news for those who have applied through LONDON VISA OFFICE !

zardoz

VIP Member
Feb 2, 2013
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
16-02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
31-07-2013
LANDED..........
09-11-2013
rosey1111 said:
I don't know what we can do, nothing is in our control. Clutching to small rays of hope that people are giving :( feel so heartbroken that I might lose my job.
We are all feeling the pain. I have "Decision Made" on my ECAS information. However, because of the timing of the strike, I have no idea if it's positive or negative. Nor do I expect, if it's positive, my CoPR any time soon.

itstime

Jul 8, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
zardoz said:
<duplicated from another thread>
It is also highly likely that any processing that is done will be heavily prioritised in favour of work that brings immediate money into Canada. This would be tourism and international students, not foreign workers or family sponsorship. I am also directly affected by what happens in London. However, I am a realist and understand that unjustified optimism is a two edged sword. Unless rock_khan has insider information that is not in the public domain, I cannot see why pronouncing that "everything is wonderful" is helpful to anyone...
Tourism has been suffering for a long time. The PAFSO argument is something that has been going on for a few years and since April they have been on a rotating strike which has escalated in the past few months. PAFSO are now enforcing a full strike on their members working at the 15 busiest visa offices around the globe as they know that will put an even bigger pressure on the government as businesses in Canada are already suffering and will suffer even more due to the lost revenue this summer. All you need to do is look at the various news sites such as CBC, The Star, Globe & Mail etc.

I hope you are right and I am wrong. I hope you get your passport returned with your stamp.

itstime

Jul 8, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
rock_khan said:
@ rosey1111 : My dear i just received passport request from LONDON on 26th July which means the visa office is working on daily basis even though some member are on strike !

WISH U GOOD LUCK.
London WAS operating with fully staffed the past week or two but starting tomorrow, no PAFSO officer will be working.

rosey1111

Star Member
Jul 7, 2013
Per pafso Facebook page, they said there are non PAFSO staff working so the offices are open and these staff are dealing with urgent cases. They have advised to get in touch with CIC if case is urgent...not sure if my case would be classed as urgent...

itstime

Jul 8, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
rosey1111 said:
Per pafso Facebook page, they said there are non PAFSO staff working so the offices are open and these staff are dealing with urgent cases. They have advised to get in touch with CIC if case is urgent...not sure if my case would be classed as urgent...
I can't find that info. They said in the past that they would work on humanitarian cases (i.e. refugees, protected person I believe) but urgent? Everybodey is probably something that is judged by the eye of the beholder. I believe Study Permits and TRVs are not urgent as those hit where it hurts most, the Canadian economy. Just my guess though.

I truly feel for everyone who is in limbo. It was agonising to be there myself, not knowing. I applied late, thinking that the strike would delay it further and there was no way I was going to receive a decision in time. It sure was a relief to receive it and also it being approved.

abbas111

Aug 5, 2013
hello
just a quick question, the processing time for London iffice is 10 months, does it mean that any national can apply through it or is it just for UK and EU nationals?

Anikazz

Jun 13, 2013
abbas111 said:
hello
just a quick question, the processing time for London iffice is 10 months, does it mean that any national can apply through it or is it just for UK and EU nationals?
Any national can apply through the visa office as long as you do have the resident permit for 1 year in that country of the visa office. For example, my husband is in finland but he is bangladeshi, however he is allowed to go through the london visa office since london is responsible for Finland application files related to Canada, its because my husband has the finnish resident permit for few years, that fullfils the one year requirement of an european visa. Hope this helps.

rock_khan

Jul 2, 2011
Kuwait
Visa Office......
London.
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25/8/09
Doc's Request.
5/5/10
IELTS Request
N/R
Med's Request
7/1/13
Med's Done....
20/1/13
Interview........
19/11/12
Passport Req..
26/07/13
VISA ISSUED...
01/09/13
LANDED..........
23/09/13
@abbas111 : Well London visa office is only responsible for those applicants who are either living in U.K,Ireland,Finland,Scotland or whose application category comes under London visa office !

But let me tell you clearly that the process timing mentioned on London visa office website which says 10-12 months is not true at all as it takes around 35 - 45 months for the application to be processed !

zardoz

VIP Member
Feb 2, 2013
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
16-02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
31-07-2013
LANDED..........
09-11-2013
rock_khan said:
@ abbas111 : Well London visa office is only responsible for those applicants who are either living in U.K,Ireland,Finland,Scotland or whose application category comes under London visa office !

But let me tell you clearly that the process timing mentioned on London visa office website which says 10-12 months is not true at all as it takes around 35 - 45 months for the application to be processed !
Which application class are you referring to? Each class has it's own timers.... Family Class (spousal/common-law) is currently at 10 months for 80% of applications to be completed. Ours took only 5 months from sending to CPC-M to receiving the COPR, so was only in London for 4 months.

Hope39

Jul 16, 2013
Please can someone enlighten me on how long do I have wait to hear from cic in London ? My partner submitted the application in September 2012 in Mississauga , have already been interviewed on June 2013. Since then I haven't heard anything ........ :mad:

makenn

Star Member
Jun 17, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
June,2013
Is London Visa Office working? :'(

rock_khan

Jul 2, 2011
Kuwait
Visa Office......
London.
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25/8/09
Doc's Request.
5/5/10
IELTS Request
N/R
Med's Request
7/1/13
Med's Done....
20/1/13
Interview........
19/11/12
Passport Req..
26/07/13
VISA ISSUED...
01/09/13
LANDED..........
23/09/13
@makenn : Yes LONDON VISA OFFICE is working,i have received their instructions to submit passports for PR visas.

makenn

Star Member
Jun 17, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
June,2013
rock_khan said:
@ makenn : Yes LONDON VISA OFFICE is working,i have received their instructions to submit passports for PR visas.
Congratulations