+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

RX-1 Visa PRTD. Residence Status?

MUSTAFACAN

Mar 14, 2011
Hi All.

After 1 year my family has received PRTD with RX-1 Visa and notice of appeal form to Immigration Appeal Division. The application has been refused but PRTD has been issued as they were present in Canada 1 year before applying for PRTD.

The Visa is for 1 year with multiple entry.

My question after appealing to PRTF can my children go-to school and will they get child benefits and Health Card renewal?

Thank You.

zardoz

VIP Member
Feb 2, 2013
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
16-02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
31-07-2013
LANDED..........
09-11-2013
Hi All.

After 1 year my family has received PRTD with RX-1 Visa and notice of appeal form to Immigration Appeal Division. The application has been refused but PRTD has been issued as they were present in Canada 1 year before applying for PRTD.

The Visa is for 1 year with multiple entry.

My question after appealing to PRTF can my children go-to school and will they get child benefits and Health Card renewal?

Thank You.
Yes, they remain Permanent Residents until they lose their appeal, after which they must leave Canada.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
If you have no new evidence or your lawyer says you don't have grounds for an appeal (not sure if that is the case) why would you want to uproot your children again only to have to return to India?

gatita

Sep 20, 2010
Montreal
Category........
Visa Office......
Caracas
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-05-2010
File Transfer...
30-7-2010
Med's Done....
25-02-2010
Interview........
13-12-2010
Passport Req..
16-11-2010
VISA ISSUED...
13-12-2010
I realize this thread is old...my lawyer has put in a request (actually sent follow up request) for PRTD that should have been approved. Still no answer from Embassy in Mexico after 5 weeks. We have an appeal for not meeting RO and he met the criteria for RX-1 TD but nothing. Anyone have experience with Mexico and processing times. We got response within 2 weeks last time.

Kargar

Feb 7, 2020
I have a similar question regarding RX-1 (would be great if you kindly help):
My dad (PR status) has requested a travel document and received a letter of non-compliancy (for less than 2 years out of last 5 years). He was offered to appeal the decision and he has not filed an appeal and his 60 days window for appeal has already passed. On the other hand he received a RX-1 visa which is still valid. Now my question is whether he can use this still valid RX-1 visa to come here and visit my family?

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
I have a similar question regarding RX-1 (would be great if you kindly help):
My dad (PR status) has requested a travel document and received a letter of non-compliancy (for less than 2 years out of last 5 years). He was offered to appeal the decision and he has not filed an appeal and his 60 days window for appeal has already passed. On the other hand he received a RX-1 visa which is still valid. Now my question is whether he can use this still valid RX-1 visa to come here and visit my family?
The RX-1 should have been cancelled. Your father should either get a TRV or ETA to visit your family,

Kargar

Feb 7, 2020
The RX-1 is still valid but I am worried that he may not get permission to enter at the airport. So my major question is that he has a valid RX-1 and 60 days for appeal has already passed, does he get permission to enter at the airport?

Last edited:

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
The RX-1 is still valid but I am worried that he may not get permission to enter at the airport. So my major question is that he has a valid RX-1 and 60 days for appeal has already passed, does he get permission to enter at the airport?

How do you know if is still valid? It could have been cancelled electronically.

Buletruck

VIP Member
May 18, 2015
The RX-1 has likely been cancelled since he is past his 60 day appeal window. The decision would have been made to revoke his PR status and he is no longer eligible to use an RX-1 visa. They do cancel visas in the system, despite the actual counter foil still being valid. He will need a TRV.

Last edited:
Reactions: canuck78