+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Running Out Of Time

pirchcom

Star Member
Sep 15, 2014
I am sponsoring my wife we recently married Oct 2015.
We are getting all our documents together however we are missing some.

We dont have her NBI Clearance yet. It was mailed to Manila 3 months ago and they still don't have it. Tracking number says they havnt recieved it.

We are going thru the process again we have the form 5 and finger prints done just waiting for the form to be returned and send it off to Manila again,

We will be adding her 3 children and we are just waiting for her sons passport he just turned 19 dec 2nd. I know this could be a problem sponsoring him.

Can the application be sent without her NBI and without her sons copy of passport??

We want this done ASAP so we qualify for OWP that ends Dec 22.

We are applying INLAND. From BC.

Any help would be appreciated

Thanks In advance

Rob_TO

VIP Member
Nov 7, 2012
Toronto
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Seoul, Korea
App. Filed.......
13-07-2012
AOR Received.
18-08-2012
File Transfer...
21-08-2012
Med's Done....
Sent with App
Passport Req..
N/R - Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
30-10-2012
LANDED..........
16-11-2012
pirchcom said:
We will be adding her 3 children and we are just waiting for her sons passport he just turned 19 dec 2nd. I know this could be a problem sponsoring him.
He is no longer a dependent (defined as aged 18 and under ONLY), so can't be included as one in the application. So there is no point waiting for his passport since it's irrelevant now. The only chance you have of sponsoring him is if the Liberal government raises the age of dependent back to age 21 and under, sometime before the application is completed.

As for police clearance, I believe it can be sent without police cert and you can update the file later on when you get it. However to be sure on this I would also post this question to the inland thread.

superman2012

Nov 20, 2014
pirchcom said:
I am sponsoring my wife we recently married Oct 2015.
We are getting all our documents together however we are missing some.

We dont have her NBI Clearance yet. It was mailed to Manila 3 months ago and they still don't have it. Tracking number says they havnt recieved it.

We are going thru the process again we have the form 5 and finger prints done just waiting for the form to be returned and send it off to Manila again,

Can the application be sent without her NBI and without her sons copy of passport??

We are applying INLAND. From BC.

Any help would be appreciated

Thanks In advance
I am also filipino and what I did in my NBI is I gave it to my sister after the Vancouver process it and then she process it there in Manila. it only took 15 days for the whole process. I am just waiting for my NBI to be mail to me on Monday, However the only document that I really need is the Option C, I am waiting for almost 1 week now so hopefully by Monday I gonna receive it and hopefully I will send the package by Monday.

anyways to answer your question, she needs to have NBI clearance as they will return your whole applicaton if you missed one documents in the checklist and I already confirmed it to CIC. so you really need to wait for that document.

Ponga

VIP Member
Oct 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
pirchcom said:
There's been no indication from CIC that the pilot OWP program is going to end on December 22nd.

Yes, it was launched last year as a one year pilot program, but all indications are that it has been a huge success.
There would be no reason for them to end this, because it's generating revenue for them...and helping people/families that are IN Canada.

pirchcom

Star Member
Sep 15, 2014
Well that is somewhat encouraging to hear Ponga.

Can you shed any light on the NBI Issue that we are having. This will be our second time applying for NBI and have to cross our fingers that it will get to the office in Manila and then hope that someone opens the mail.

Thanks

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Just to reiterate what Rob said above, the 19 year old is no longer a dependent and cannot be sponsored. His information needs to be removed from the app. Sending the app with him included as a dependent is a very big mistake that could result in a returned app.

9symmerty

Star Member
Dec 14, 2015
Edmonton
Visa Office......
Mississauga
App. Filed.......
08-12-2015
AOR Received.
08-01-2016
Med's Request
February 2017
Med's Done....
February 2017
Passport Req..
May 2 2017
VISA ISSUED...
May 2 2017
LANDED..........
02-05-2017
pirchcom said:
Well that is somewhat encouraging to hear Ponga.

Can you shed any light on the NBI Issue that we are having. This will be our second time applying for NBI and have to cross our fingers that it will get to the office in Manila and then hope that someone opens the mail.

Thanks

Hi! How's your NBI going? Yeah u need to include those. It's better to be sure than hurry and wait for months just to get your applications back.

LadyMai

Dec 11, 2015
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
9symmerty said:
Hi! How's your NBI going? Yeah u need to include those. It's better to be sure than hurry and wait for months just to get your applications back.
What's an NBI?

Illiasnie

Star Member
Oct 28, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 24, 2015
AOR Received.
August 26, 2015
File Transfer...
September 18, 2015
Med's Request
Up front
Med's Done....
July 6, 2015
VISA ISSUED...
March 17, 2016
LANDED..........
Planning for May 14
It looks like CIC has extended the OWP program.

http://www.cicnews.com/2015/12/canada-extends-pilot-program-allowing-sponsored-spouses-canadian-immigration-obtain-open-work-permits-126793.html