+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Rules for OHIP???

sunafi

Star Member
Jul 27, 2009
:(

My mother is living with us on super visa for last 7 years.
She recently got PR. We tried to complete landing twice from USA border (Niagara falls) but both time were told they are already booked for the day and try after couple of hours but they can't ensure if we would be allowed to complete landing.
Finally we completed landing at Etobicoke office.
We went to USA and our mother was with us for 2 days in USA.
Today we went to Service Ontario, and they are saying they will not count 90 days from last month when we completed landing at Etobicoke office, but from today as my mother was out of Ontario for 2 days.
this is really sick... do we have any choice? :( :(

Please suggest.

Hurlabrick

Champion Member
Sep 4, 2016
Ottawa, ON
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
23-06-2016
AOR Received.
12-07-2016
File Transfer...
23-08-2016
Med's Done....
08-06-2016
Passport Req..
21-12-2016
VISA ISSUED...
24-12-2016
LANDED..........
11-04-2017
:(

My mother is living with us on super visa for last 7 years.
She recently got PR. We tried to complete landing twice from USA border (Niagara falls) but both time were told they are already booked for the day and try after couple of hours but they can't ensure if we would be allowed to complete landing.
Finally we completed landing at Etobicoke office.
We went to USA and our mother was with us for 2 days in USA.
Today we went to Service Ontario, and they are saying they will not count 90 days from last month when we completed landing at Etobicoke office, but from today as my mother was out of Ontario for 2 days.
this is really sick... do we have any choice? :( :(

Please suggest.
That sound idiotic! I am pretty sure they are wrong. Suggest you try again at a different Services Ontario office. No need to mention your brief trip to the USA, just take your stamped CoPR with you - that is the date you landed and started counting as PR and should also be the start date of your 90 day OHIP waiting period.