+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

rules about changing my college

ammy.ghotra

Dec 7, 2013
Calgary
i have got my visa for st.lawrence college. but now i am planing to change my college to sheridan college.
can any tell rules for changing college?
would my college send fee directly to sheridan college or not?

RNK

Jul 30, 2012
HYDERABAD
Visa Office......
CHC-DELHI
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-11-12
IELTS Request
Med's Request
07-09-2012
Med's Done....
07-09-2012
Passport Req..
31-08-2012
VISA ISSUED...
20-11-2012
LANDED..........
11-12-12
get the loa from sheridan and submit it at your current college ,they will get everything done for you :)

gkb8062

Star Member
Nov 22, 2013
India
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
ammy.ghotra said:
i have got my visa for st.lawrence college. but now i am planing to change my college to sheridan college.
1. first you have to check that you want to change the college from your Native country (if INDIA ), then you need a new LOA (Offer letter) from Canadian Institution then you have to apply with new Application for new students visa at Canadian Embassy/ Consulate near by you (or which is applicable to your locality),,, i mean Chandigarh/ Jalandhar in Punjab.. NEW DELHI, MUMBAI for others...

2. if you are wiling to change your college after landing in Canada , cross check the following points (its not a kind like play to change the college, you have to comply with CIC rules, regulations, and policies, obviously policies are for students betterment but don't abuse the CIC leniency):

1. level of new course in another college
2. another college is willing to admit you in same term , if not then next term always start generally after 6 months then what will you do in between these 6 months,, you have a valid visa and u can legally stay in canada but as i said don't abuse the student visa for selfish purpose).. mostly January, April/ May, September intakes are applicable in Colleges for International applicants.
3. you have to satisfied the CIC what circumstances makes to change your mind to switch to another college... its easy if you are doing everything with genuine mind... your 1 page SOI (statement of Intention) in favor of CIC (VO- visa officer) will do the job..
4. you need to figure out that you are only going to change your college of college and course both. if both then its a separate story (you need to apply for 'change of status')..

If your Study Permit will expire before you will complete your academic program, you will need to renew
your Study Permit. Do not let your Study Permit expire! It is your responsibility to ensure your travel
documents are all current and up to date.

You may apply to renew your Study Permit as early as 90 days before it expires. Citizenship and
Immigration Canada advises students to apply for Study Permit renewals at least 30 days before the
current permit expires.

Changing the status of your Study Permit is different than renewing your Study Permit. “Renewing” refers
to you studying in the same program for a longer period of time. “Changing the status” refers to you
changing institutions, level of study, or type of program. Please note if you are changing the status of
your Study Permit you should do so immediately upon receiving confirmation of the admission to
the new program, regardless of how much time remains on your current Study Permit.

To renew your Study Permit, you will need to complete an Application to Change Conditions or Extend
Your Stay in Canada. Application kits and detailed instructions are available on the Citizenship and
Immigration Canada website.

REGARDING YOUR FEE REFUND:
its solely depends on the medium thought which you have paid the fee to college..
you can talk to college but i am sure that if you have paid the fee from indian a/c , refund will transferred to same a/c and you need to fill all the forms fro fee refund and need to mention how you want your fee back.. (Wire Transfer, Credit card, International Cheque etc..) and name of the beneficiary with his/her (your parents can be) contact detail with complete residential address and Bank Detail.

for changing the college procedure after landing in Canada:
------------------------------------------------------------------

1. you need to inform the current college about your decision of Quitting the college and course
2. you will asked to contact the International office and need a personal meeting with concerned person.
3. fulfill the formalities for Quitting the college and course and FEE REFUND..
4. may be current college can ask you for LOA from other college.. so you have to think how you gonna arrange new one..
5. officially you are out from college record with letter of confirmation that you are no more the students of this college and your current college will send the information to CIC that you have left college.. (formal procedure)..
6. visit new college, enroll their during enrollment duration.. start the classes ...
7. talk to International office regarding visa renewal/ extend/ change of status ..
8. if need international office can give you better advice on this.. or simply visit this http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/study/study-extend.asp AND THIS http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/extend-student.asp AND THIS http://www.pr.viu.ca/ease/documents/Permit-Visa.pdf

take care..

usman_14pk

Champion Member
Jan 29, 2013
ammy.ghotra said:
Post-secondary student

"You may change your school, program and/or field of study without applying for a new study permit. You do not need to apply for a change to the condition of your study permit, either. You may continue to use your study permit as long as it is valid.
If you are changing your level of study (e.g., bachelor’s to master’s), you do not need to apply for a change to the condition of your study permit, either."

Source: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre/answer.asp?q=487&t=15

RNK

Jul 30, 2012
HYDERABAD
Visa Office......
CHC-DELHI
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-11-12
IELTS Request
Med's Request
07-09-2012
Med's Done....
07-09-2012
Passport Req..
31-08-2012
VISA ISSUED...
20-11-2012
LANDED..........
11-12-12
gkb8062 said:
1. first you have to check that you want to change the college from your Native country (if INDIA ), then you need a new LOA (Offer letter) from Canadian Institution then you have to apply with new Application for new students visa at Canadian Embassy/ Consulate near by you (or which is applicable to your locality),,, i mean Chandigarh/ Jalandhar in Punjab.. NEW DELHI, MUMBAI for others...

2. if you are wiling to change your college after landing in Canada , cross check the following points (its not a kind like play to change the college, you have to comply with CIC rules, regulations, and policies, obviously policies are for students betterment but don't abuse the CIC leniency):

2. another college is willing to admit you in same term , if not then next term always start generally after 6 months then what will you do in between these 6 months,, you have a valid visa and u can legally stay in canada but as i said don't abuse the student visa for selfish purpose).. mostly January, April/ May, September intakes are applicable in Colleges for International applicants.
3. you have to satisfied the CIC what circumstances makes to change your mind to switch to another college... its easy if you are doing everything with genuine mind... your 1 page SOI (statement of Intention) in favor of CIC (VO- visa officer) will do the job..
4. you need to figure out that you are only going to change your college of college and course both. if both then its a separate story (you need to apply for 'change of status')..

If your Study Permit will expire before you will complete your academic program, you will need to renew
your Study Permit. Do not let your Study Permit expire! It is your responsibility to ensure your travel

You may apply to renew your Study Permit as early as 90 days before it expires. Citizenship and
Immigration Canada advises students to apply for Study Permit renewals at least 30 days before the
current permit expires.

Changing the status of your Study Permit is different than renewing your Study Permit. “Renewing” refers
to you studying in the same program for a longer period of time. “Changing the status” refers to you
changing institutions, level of study, or type of program. Please note if you are changing the status of
your Study Permit you should do so immediately upon receiving confirmation of the admission to
the new program, regardless of how much time remains on your current Study Permit.

To renew your Study Permit, you will need to complete an Application to Change Conditions or Extend
Your Stay in Canada. Application kits and detailed instructions are available on the Citizenship and

its solely depends on the medium thought which you have paid the fee to college..
you can talk to college but i am sure that if you have paid the fee from indian a/c , refund will transferred to same a/c and you need to fill all the forms fro fee refund and need to mention how you want your fee back.. (Wire Transfer, Credit card, International Cheque etc..) and name of the beneficiary with his/her (your parents can be) contact detail with complete residential address and Bank Detail.

1. you need to inform the current college about your decision of Quitting the college and course
2. you will asked to contact the International office and need a personal meeting with concerned person.
4. may be current college can ask you for LOA from other college.. so you have to think how you gonna arrange new one..
5. officially you are out from college record with letter of confirmation that you are no more the students of this college and your current college will send the information to CIC that you have left college.. (formal procedure)..
6. visit new college, enroll their during enrollment duration.. start the classes ...
7. talk to International office regarding visa renewal/ extend/ change of status ..
8. if need international office can give you better advice on this.. or simply visit this http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/study/study-extend.asp AND THIS http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/extend-student.asp AND THIS http://www.pr.viu.ca/ease/documents/Permit-Visa.pdf

take care..
Thats what everyone does here dumbf*ck

goldenbowl

Feb 13, 2014
@gkb8062, your explanation and way of explanation is absolutely right... cheers and gr8 work,...thumbs up...

Dr.Patel

Apr 23, 2013
gkb8062 said:

current permit expires.

take care..
Thanks GKB8062! That's a hell of an advice! Excellent!!!

I seek your view on my condition. I am going for may-2014 intake for a 1yr post-graduate course at ontario based college. Now my wife is already in ontario and has applied for masters at SFU, british columbia for sep-2014 intake. there are good chances that she gets admission in the program. However, she will not get LOA earlier than mid-April( I think so). If she gets admission in SFU then we are planning to move to BC. In such circumstances, I am planning to take drop (after landing in canada) from my Ontario college May-2014 program and join the same course at a BC college for Sep-2014 intake( as same course is not available for May intake). I can write a SOP to explain the situation when I seek for visa extension.

Do you see any problem that can be caused by 4 month drop(before starting the course)? If i change province then Do i need to inform CIC? Do i need to inform CIC about dropping the course(as i am going to drop it before it starts)?

Lovepreet2018

Jan 14, 2018

current permit expires.

take care..
Hlo sir my name is lovepreet singh. I am in canada . I have changed my course from advanced diploma of electrical engineering to General arts and science of one year. After that I will go in culinary skills . This study is also relevant with my background because I have done my 12th in arts . My question is that by doing so would there be any effect on my work permit or p.r . Please reply me sir

Jas11098

Mar 16, 2018
Hello, Please someone let me confirm that how much time am able to change my college as a international student. Im my profile i do not have a single.day gap in my file. my English language program(3 month course for meeting.the requirements for bachelor or something other ) is going to be start on 22nd january in toronto but i shift from there to winnipeg university due to very bad health and i started my calsses from 22 january in winnipeg for English Language program. Now i have a huge problem here i am not getting a admission here . So, i got admission in british clumbia and college name is alexander college. please let me that is it put any bad effect on my profile in future. i wil lwait for.your reply...

Kaur019

Feb 26, 2018
Hi ..i have taken admission in nyit vancouver...but i want to migrate to lambton college toronto after arriving in canada..
Will it affect PGWP nd PR?

Kiranpal

Nov 17, 2018
Any one can pls let me know i m coming to caanada in jan in matrix college which is in montreal i want to know after comoletion of my pg degree can i get work permit or can i apply for pr....bcoz many person said private does nt Give both tge things.....or do i need to change college after reaching canada

rogelcorral

Champion Member
Jun 15, 2018
Any one can pls let me know i m coming to caanada in jan in matrix college which is in montreal i want to know after comoletion of my pg degree can i get work permit or can i apply for pr....bcoz many person said private does nt Give both tge things.....or do i need to change college after reaching canada
Check your school here:

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/study-canada/study-permit/prepare/designated-learning-institutions-list.html

Then once you found your school, click “details” to find out your PGWP eligibility.

GOPAL SHARMA

Sep 15, 2018
I am studying in cambrian college at sudbury and i want to change my college to cambrian college (hanson campus) brampton (same college at another location) after 2 semesters for 3rd and 4th semester, coz i have paid fees for two semesters already. college is same just location changed. kindly advise the procedure for the change of location (same college) also advise that i will be eligible for PGWP (post study work permit) if i shift my college from sudbury to brampton, hanson campus due to unsuitable weather conditions.

Last edited:

Manoj Bishnoi

Star Member
Sep 21, 2018
Fatehabad,Haryana
Got admission in may intake Matrix college montreal 1 yr software testing AEC program.... Planning to move BC Langara college 2 year Data analytics PG diploma in Sept intake. Is it a wise decision. Should i renew study permit or change status of study permit! Need guidance in this regard.