+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

RT-PCR or Rapid-PCR test for AirIndia

User0403

Apr 4, 2019
Hi, I am planning to travel to Canada from India by AirIndia flight, does anyone know if Rapid-PCR test done at Delhi aiport is allowed by Air India or is it mandatory to take RT-PCR test only.I am asking since Rapid PCR takes only around 1 hr whereas RTPCR takes 8-10 hrs.

iona_s22

Star Member
Jul 15, 2021
Hi, I have the same issue. Can i know which test you did? its confusing as Canada doesn't allow entry based on rapid Antigen. On the booking website for the test, it states that rapid PCR is 2900Rs and Antigen is Rs300 and both come in 35mins to an hour. ifyou have travelled already what test did you take?

User0403

Apr 4, 2019
Hi, I have the same issue. Can i know which test you did? its confusing as Canada doesn't allow entry based on rapid Antigen. On the booking website for the test, it states that rapid PCR is 2900Rs and Antigen is Rs300 and both come in 35mins to an hour. ifyou have travelled already what test did you take?
Hi, at the new Delhi airport there are two types of test one is RTPCR, that costs ₹500 and results in 8-10hrs, the other one is Rapid PCR that costs ₹5000 and results within 45 mins. Aircanada accepts both RTPCR and Rapid PCR. I confirmed with AirIndia even they accept both. Though I will be doing the RT-PCR since I have 16 hrs layover in Delhi.

Reactions: iona_s22

sagbas

Star Member
Oct 23, 2013
I travelled last week. Go for RT PCR not more than 18hrs before your schedule d flight don't go for antigen test it's not accepted.Usually they say 8hrs I got my report within 6 hrs they will email you & later you can collect your print out if you want.
genestring labs @ IGI airport The Bridge connecting the metro station and T3, leading to the MLCP building. For Canadian traveller it's on your right hand side you can read on yellow board for Canada & Canadian traveller. You can book it online also.
I hope this help.I did it twice.

Reactions: iona_s22

iona_s22

Star Member
Jul 15, 2021
I travelled last week. Go for RT PCR not more than 18hrs before your schedule d flight don't go for antigen test it's not accepted.Usually they say 8hrs I got my report within 6 hrs they will email you & later you can collect your print out if you want.
genestring labs @ IGI airport The Bridge connecting the metro station and T3, leading to the MLCP building. For Canadian traveller it's on your right hand side you can read on yellow board for Canada & Canadian traveller. You can book it online also.
Air Canada said in the news and on its website that its accepting the rapid pcr test not rapid antigen

iona_s22

Star Member
Jul 15, 2021
do you know for sure of the rapid pcr and rapid antigen are the one and same?

sagbas

Star Member
Oct 23, 2013
do you know for sure of the rapid pcr and rapid antigen are the one and same?
PCR and antigen test are different they are not same .Canada only accept PCR &Rapid PCR test only again no rapid antigen test.
If you have time go for PCR test & if you have limited time then go for Rapid PCR.No need to worry.

iona_s22

Star Member
Jul 15, 2021
PCR and antigen test are different they are not same .Canada only accept PCR &Rapid PCR test only again no rapid antigen test.
If you have time go for PCR test & if you have limited time then go for Rapid PCR.No need to worry.
thankyou

User0403

Apr 4, 2019
Hi,I am currently holding COPR,so in the ArriveCan app, for Purpose of travel should we choose,"Returning to Canada: Canadian citizen, permanent resident..." Since I don't see any option for first time entry of COPR holders.