+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

RQ'd Jan - Mar 2015

babiah

Apr 13, 2015
Hi Fellow Applicants -

I wanted to start a new thread of people who have been RQ's in 2015. I am just furious at receiving the RQ as I was hopeful that my application will go through with much problems. Now I need to get all visas and entry and exit stamps translated in English as well as gather a billion documents that would probably sit in a CIC office for months and years.

Please find below my timelines but I will really appreciate if you could provide advice on what documents and evidence i need to send.

Here is my timeline:
I applied from MILTON
Applied: 06 Dec 2014
Received: 08 Dec 2015
AOR Received: 18 Feb 2015
ECAS Updated: 25 Mar 2015
ECAS In Process Status: 31 Mar 2015
RQ Received: 10 April 2015 ( sent from Mississauga)

I look forward to hearing from you all.

ItkExpert

Sep 10, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Welcome to the club of unfortunates ;) . The best offer I can give as a 32 months and counting victim is to keep a positive attitude .

babiah

Apr 13, 2015
Thank you for the response.

I hope the wait ends for you sooner than later however I will not wait that long. I will give it another 6-8 months and then possibly involve my MP and if required write to the CIC Minister.

Any tips on sending documents with RQ

ItkExpert

Sep 10, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
babiah said:
Thank you for the response.

I hope the wait ends for you sooner than later however I will not wait that long. I will give it another 6-8 months and then possibly involve my MP and if required write to the CIC Minister.

Any tips on sending documents with RQ
From experience, MP does not really expedite things if you haven't passed the 36 months. I do wish you better fortune in your citizenship application. There is a chance you will not have to wait that long since CIC focuses more on new cases while old cases are kept in limbo.

babiah

Apr 13, 2015
ItkExpert - Thank you ......

Can you please share your timelines?

How do you advise me to proceed with submitting documents for RQ! Is it the more the better?

hoping_canadian

Jun 20, 2014
Montreal
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
babiah said:
Hi Fellow Applicants -

I wanted to start a new thread of people who have been RQ's in 2015. I am just furious at receiving the RQ as I was hopeful that my application will go through with much problems. Now I need to get all visas and entry and exit stamps translated in English as well as gather a billion documents that would probably sit in a CIC office for months and years.

Please find below my timelines but I will really appreciate if you could provide advice on what documents and evidence i need to send.

Here is my timeline:
I applied from MILTON

dont loose hope i got rq, my apps took only 10.5 months

ItkExpert

Sep 10, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
babiah said:
ItkExpert - Thank you ......

Can you please share your timelines?

How do you advise me to proceed with submitting documents for RQ! Is it the more the better?
Hi . I applied in October 2012 got RQ in October 2013 and waiting ever since. I don't think submitting heaps and heaps of documents is a good idea. You should submit what they require.

ItkExpert

Sep 10, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
hoping_canadian said:
dont loose hope i got rq, my apps took only 10.5 months
Consider yourself lucky. Never heard people getting their citizenship that fast after RQ. The only exception is that at some point at the second half of 2013 they changed the rules for triggering RQ. As a result for some people who already submitted the RQ did not necessitate RQ under the new rules. These people were invited for the test, where the officer addressed the concern and if there were no issues they were given the oath . For the less fortunate ones the officer was not able to resolve concerns at the interview and they are still waiting for the oath .

ItkExpert

Sep 10, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Born2bBeast said:
Who Gets the RQ?? is it just CIC pick applicant randomly?? hope you all get the oath soon.
While there are some general guidelines for issuing RQs I am sure that personal discretion plays a part here. In other words if you fall with a nicer officer you will be out of the woods. However if you fall under a more strict officer , there are higher chances you will get an RQ.

ar_fabrics

Jun 1, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
babiah said:
Hi Fellow Applicants -

Here is my timeline:
I applied from MILTON

Dear babiah
I think your RQ issued from Sydney & you have to send documents to your local office .it can be check from stamp on letter. Anyways we should keep in our mind that we can get RQ any time during processing of our application.best wishes

babiah

Apr 13, 2015
You are correct ar_fabrics - The RQ was issued by Sydney however they have asked me to submit the documents to Mississauga. Is that good or bad? What does it mean to get RQ even before the test?

Please share your experience

cassied

Star Member
Apr 3, 2015
Montréal
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
getting RQ i think for the most of times is because we travel. just send the requires documents and good luck

ar_fabrics

Jun 1, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
babiah said:
You are correct ar_fabrics - The RQ was issued by Sydney however they have asked me to submit the documents to Mississauga. Is that good or bad? What does it mean to get RQ even before the test?

Please share your experience
Now a days RQ issued from Sydney when they started processing. Mostly RQ holders received it from Sydney with instruction submit documents to local office. it is not good or bad it is what it is. So don't worry prepare documents according to instruction of question .Things are much better than 2011/12 now. Best wishes

babiah

Apr 13, 2015
Perhaps yes - I had a lot of travel and left Canada 28 times during the last three years :(

Hoping Canadian - Can you please share your timelines