Nomination.....
12-07-2010
LANDED..........
Dec-08-2011
Hello dear members,
I have not seen a thread about RQ. So let's talk RQ
I can see here people are talking on RQ like its I "death sentence"
So I would love to know more about RQ and I have basically 2 questions :
A. If I know that I really lived here, and I have my business here. Why do I have to be afraid of a RQ ?
B. Because of my business I flew out of canada about 20 times for a total of 190 days. Am I one of the "usual suspects" to get the RQ?

When I applied last week, I had used the online residence calculator. And I had there much more than 1095 physical days.
And it would be nice if the more experienced members here can give some advice, do and don't do after you get an RQ ?

Thank you friends in advance for your answers.

CanV

Champion Member
Apr 30, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Re: RQ what's so wrong with that ?

RQ will make the process anywhere from 2-24 months longer and require alot more documents to reach a decision.

Self employment usually triggers RQ.

Frequent travel usually triggers RQ.

Having alot more days than required may help avoiding RQ.

ari5323

Mar 31, 2011
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nomination.....
12-07-2010
LANDED..........
Dec-08-2011
What kind of documents ?

MiriamT

May 8, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
São Paulo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
04-03-2009
File Transfer...
09-03-2009
Med's Done....
28-10-2008
Interview........
Waived
VISA ISSUED...
20-11-2009
LANDED..........
27-11-2009
ari5323 said:
What kind of documents ?
I found this here online: https://residencequestionnaire.files.wordpress.com/2013/03/cit_520-e.pdf

CanV

Champion Member
Apr 30, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
ari5323 said:
What kind of documents ?
Proof of your stay, could be anything and everything... Includes leases, bills, bank accounts, credit card statement, health reports, cbsa and other countries' immigration records, etc.

ari5323

Mar 31, 2011
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nomination.....
12-07-2010
LANDED..........
Dec-08-2011
CanV said:
Proof of your stay, could be anything and everything... Includes leases, bills, bank accounts, credit card statement, health reports, cbsa and other countries' immigration records, etc.
Dosn't sound so terrible. I have home and office bills.
Doctors visits.
Credit card expenses.
Restaurants receipt. Etc
In other words. If I did not lied and cheated. If I'm innocent like a child. I have nothing to be afraid for. Correct me if I'm wrong. Or I missed something.

CanV

Champion Member
Apr 30, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
ari5323 said:
Dosn't sound so terrible. I have home and office bills.
Doctors visits.
Credit card expenses.
Restaurants receipt. Etc
In other words. If I did not lied and cheated. If I'm innocent like a child. I have nothing to be afraid for. Correct me if I'm wrong. Or I missed something.
It's up to you how frightened you want to be, how soon you need your citizenship and why, and how you feel about waiting 2 years more than a person who applied the same time as you, and how much you enjoy collecting and copying your records. And in your case, good luck getting the movement records from each country you travelled to if you happen to have traveled to many.

ari5323

Mar 31, 2011
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nomination.....
12-07-2010
LANDED..........
Dec-08-2011
CanV said:
It's up to you how frightened you want to be, how soon you need your citizenship and why, and how you feel about waiting 2 years more than a person who applied the same time as you, and how much you enjoy collecting and copying your records. And in your case, good luck getting the movement records from each country you travelled to if you happen to have traveled to many.
I only trVeled to the U.S. And my home country. The U.S. Has a website and I have got their records which btw matches my records. And my home country thank you for telling me that, I will ask the info and translate it.
So all I need now is to gether the more evidence I have that I'm here. Correct ?
Can you or anybody els here give me one more tip ?
Again. Thanks in advance

MUFC

Champion Member
Jul 14, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
The real problem is that when the RQ is issued the application is automatically considered Non-routine and it can take around 36 months until the final decision is made.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
ari5323 said:
Can you or anybody els here give me one more tip ?
If you search this forum for "RQ", you'll find plenty of historical threads with information about what people submitted who received RQ.

era1521

Oct 7, 2014
ari5323 said:
Hello dear members,
I have not seen a thread about RQ. So let's talk RQ
I can see here people are talking on RQ like its I "death sentence"
So I would love to know more about RQ and I have basically 2 questions :
A. If I know that I really lived here, and I have my business here. Why do I have to be afraid of a RQ ?
B. Because of my business I flew out of canada about 20 times for a total of 190 days. Am I one of the "usual suspects" to get the RQ?

When I applied last week, I had used the online residence calculator. And I had there much more than 1095 physical days.
And it would be nice if the more experienced members here can give some advice, do and don't do after you get an RQ ?

Thank you friends in advance for your answers.
Why you ask about RQ? As you present your case, you have no reason to worry about; beside that, as the new law comes into effect, all applications should be completed by June 2016. RQ these days is nothing as RQ back in 2011-2012 when some people still waiting for moving forward.

TomTony

Star Member
Apr 14, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I think CBSA should stamp every individuals passport when leaving the country. That's the best solution, then CIC will have no doubt about applicant's physical presence in Canada, and we will not have to wait 24 months and send bunch of mails/documents .

era1521

Oct 7, 2014
TomTony said:
I think CBSA should stamp every individuals passport when leaving the country. That's the best solution, then CIC will have no doubt about applicant's physical presence in Canada, and we will not have to wait 24 months and send bunch of mails/documents .
Since mid 2013 they do have a way to monitor the exits as well. May connected to IATA server, not sure...

ari5323

Mar 31, 2011
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nomination.....
12-07-2010
LANDED..........
Dec-08-2011
TomTony said:
They do have it without stamping the passports.
I looked up my American entries and exits. How do they know my exits?There is no border controls at the way out the usa. ?
The answer is that the airline companies are telling the governments the details of the passengers that are flying out of the country.

janoo

May 16, 2014
Hi. All I have to tell you about my RQ story.

-Applied January 2012.

-In process May 2012.

-Resident questionnaire received March 2013. ( due to 12 trips overseas )

-Resident Questionnaire Replied April 2013.

-Applied after completing 1110 days.

-Documents submitted : Boarding passes of all trips/ticket all original.

-Complete passport colour copy and translated all the stamps which are in Arabic.

-Health care record showing significant trips to family physician/laboratory etc.

-CBSA record for all 4 years only showing entry information.. exactly matching
my resident calculator.

-Car Insurance/Life insurance/Tax papers/house ownership/Car lease/credit card
bank statements/utility bill approx 1000 pages.

-41 months pass as no test required for me but still they have not call for interview.

-File transfer from Scarborough/St.Clair/Scarborough.

-Current status waiting to schedule interview

No date set. Contacted MP,send specific case query, order ATIP report few times,
calling CIC on regular basis and get several rude and nice words from them and
still waiting.........