+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

RQ Urgent

SubZero_2

Star Member
Apr 12, 2012
I am going to send my Citizenship application soon, the Address on my ID (Driver License) is the previous address where I lived for three years ( I recently moved to my new place(5 months ago) but haven't updated my address yet) I was wondering if it could trigger RQ. Thanks for your help.

Swede

Aug 18, 2009
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
London, England
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
2009-10-27
File Transfer...
2009-11-12
Med's Done....
2009-08-11
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
2010-01-22
VISA ISSUED...
2010-01-20
LANDED..........
2010-03-05
SubZero_2 said:
I am going to send my Citizenship application soon, the Address on my ID (Driver License) is the previous address where I lived for three years ( I recently moved to my new place(5 months ago) but haven't updated my address yet) I was wondering if it could trigger RQ. Thanks for your help.
I would suggest having your papers in good order when you submit. Especially since you're legally obliged to update your driver's licence address within 6 days of moving.

Will it trigger an RQ? Impossible to tell, but there's no reason to submit improper documentation.

Nov 6, 2014
You can send copy of your health card, passport photocopy, PR copy as proof of identity. If you update your address now on the license, then your license will fall within the 3 month window of newly issued ID and this could trigger an RQ. Others can suggest more.

toshib

Star Member
Apr 17, 2014
Not updating the address my trigger the new RQ , you have to update your address before applying to avoid RQ delay

coolifrs

Star Member
Sep 5, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Canada_wich_Punjabi said:
You can send copy of your health card, passport photocopy, PR copy as proof of identity. If you update your address now on the license, then your license will fall within the 3 month window of newly issued ID and this could trigger an RQ. Others can suggest more.
The reason why a newly issued license triggers a RQ is because it looks like you just got into the country. The fact is, you haven't, and a reasonable person who just moved would reasonably get a new license.

You could send both your old license and your new license to show you just recently moved - with a quick note. This would potentially help avoid an RQ as a reasonable officer could see what happened and that you didn't just arrive in the country.

Then submit your letter of employments, pay stubs, etc to support your residency.

But you should have the latest address for everything.

SubZero_2

Star Member
Apr 12, 2012
coolifrs said:
The reason why a newly issued license triggers a RQ is because it looks like you just got into the country. The fact is, you haven't, and a reasonable person who just moved would reasonably get a new license.

You could send both your old license and your new license to show you just recently moved - with a quick note. This would potentially help avoid an RQ as a reasonable officer could see what happened and that you didn't just arrive in the country.

Then submit your letter of employments, pay stubs, etc to support your residency.

But you should have the latest address for everything.
Thanks for your response, but my issue is different let me explain: I already had a driver license and it got expired last year and I got a new one on August 2013, I changed my address on May 2014 to the property I bought but I haven't lived in there, it is an investment property (I attached my title certificate to the application), then I moved to another place that has been provided by my work and I am living in there now for 6 months. Usually my provincial government gives you a stick that you put on your previous address on your driver license but I didn't care putting it on my driver license, then the address on my driver license shows the address that I used to live for 3 years. I have proof from my work that I am living in my current address and paystubs and school record and everything you can imagine that someone can include in the application for support.

eileenf

Champion Member
Apr 25, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
SubZero_2 said:
Thanks for your response, but my issue is different let me explain: I already had a driver license and it got expired last year and I got a new one on August 2013, I changed my address on May 2014 to the property I bought but I haven't lived in there, it is an investment property (I attached my title certificate to the application), then I moved to another place that has been provided by my work and I am living in there now for 6 months. Usually my provincial government gives you a stick that you put on your previous address on your driver license but I didn't care putting it on my driver license, then the address on my driver license shows the address that I used to live for 3 years. I have proof from my work that I am living in my current address and paystubs and school record and everything you can imagine that someone can include in the application for support.
Recently renewed IDs have not been an RQ trigger since at least March 2014 (the exact date is escaping me right now). Don't worry about triggering RQ when renewing a licence. Do worry about giving the CIC contradictory residential evidence (health card address and driver's license address do not match residential address, do not match pay stubs, don't match school info). This can trigger further inquiry by CIC and with CIC further inquiry can mean substantial delays, even if you think it's a very straightforward matter.

I have to say that your description as to why you don't want to renew is not at all compelling ("I don't care to have the sticky thing.") You have a legal requirement to update your address when you move. It is seriously not hard to do. You can usually do it online. Whether you're dealing with CIC or dealing with the provincial police at a traffic stop, you need to have the correct address on your license, not a 6 months-ago former residence.