+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

RQ Question- Need Urgent Help - Regarding US Green Card Processing Question

rk3

Star Member
Jun 9, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi,

I would appreciate some URGENT Help on the RQ Question # 4 and 6.

I work from home in Canada for a US Company. I am a e-commerce consultant and work from home for a few US companies. Need some help on Question # 5 that says that since your Arrival, did I work for any Country other than Canada. My payroll was ran by a US Based company, but I was I Canada. Shall I mark that I WAS working in the US or Working in Canada. Does the place of existence of the company I work matters or the location I worked from??

Also, My Green Card has been under processing since 2003. It is in a lurch and may even take another 7 years before I get on hand. Shall I mention that I am in process of applying under Question # 6?

Thanks

OKK

Jun 22, 2013
rk3 said:
Hi,

I would appreciate some URGENT Help on the RQ Question # 4 and 6.

I work from home in Canada for a US Company. I am a e-commerce consultant and work from home for a few US companies. Need some help on Question # 5 that says that since your Arrival, did I work for any Country other than Canada. My payroll was ran by a US Based company, but I was I Canada. Shall I mark that I WAS working in the US or Working in Canada. Does the place of existence of the company I work matters or the location I worked from??

Also, My Green Card has been under processing since 2003. It is in a lurch and may even take another 7 years before I get on hand. Shall I mention that I am in process of applying under Question # 6?

Thanks
1.Yes you are working for another country while living in Canada.
2. Yes you should mention your green card procedure.

miltonian

Oct 24, 2012
Q4: you are working as a consultant in Canada so you should mention "Working in Canada". Your payroll ran by a US company is for your tax purposes through T4 and that income will be considered income in Canada.
Q5: You get paid in Canada and company deduct your taxes as per CRA rules
Q6: I think "NO" because it is under process beacuse its not done yet. If you say yes it will show your future intentions not to stay in Canada

rk3

Star Member
Jun 9, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I used to paid in the US but used to report that income in Canada. All the work was done while I was living here as it was all remote/offiline work. What shall I mention in # 5?

The US green card is in very early stage. As amatter of fact it is based on a future employment and will take atleast 8 more years before the decision will be heard, and even after they approve it, I may or may not accept it. Still shall I mention it?

Thanks

Jun 28, 2013
rk3 said:
I used to paid in the US but used to report that income in Canada. All the work was done while I was living here as it was all remote/offiline work. What shall I mention in # 5?

The US green card is in very early stage. As amatter of fact it is based on a future employment and will take atleast 8 more years before the decision will be heard, and even after they approve it, I may or may not accept it. Still shall I mention it?

Thanks
You are working in Canada but you are not employed by a Canadian organization/company. You are paying taxes in Canada but technically you are working for another country even though your earnings are declared here. So to me the answer is "working in Canada but for another country".
You have to mention your green card which you had already applied. Not declaring that will be misinterpreted/misleading/deceptive which can lead into bigger problems.So be honest.

eileenf

Champion Member
Apr 25, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
rk3 said:

The US green card is in very early stage. As a matter of fact it is based on a future employment and will take atleast 8 more years before the decision will be heard, and even after they approve it, I may or may not accept it. Still shall I mention it?

Thanks
question 4-Since your arrival date in Canada, have you worked, studied or lived in any country other than Canada?
You have not worked in the USA. You worked in Canada for a US company. I would answer "no" and add "worked remotely (from Canada) for US company".

Question 6-Are you in the process of applying for permanent residence or citizenship in another country?
If you have submitted any documents to the US government, the answer to this question is clearly yes. In the RQ process, the truth is your refuge, so don't squander it. If you do not ultimately want to take up residency in the US, you may want to consider withdrawing your green card application. Then you could answer this question with an honest "no".