+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

RQ for applications submitted after November 2012?

waitingforcic

Jul 9, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi:
I would like to know if anyone has received RQ after the new application forms came to the table back on November 2012. If CIC has dropped the amount of RQs sent or if it´s still the same.

Thanks to all of you and good luck on this journey.

aamer43

May 6, 2009
Is it also because now CIC can directly contact CBSA to get the enter/exit details of the applicant ?

Suin

VIP Member
Sep 14, 2008
Ontario, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
CIC Etobocoke, H&C Grounds
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-03-2014
File Transfer...
31-07-2014
Med's Request
09-12-2014
LANDED..........
24-02-2015, PR Card Received: 02-04-2015
waitingforcic said:
Hi:
I would like to know if anyone has received RQ after the new application forms came to the table back on November 2012. If CIC has dropped the amount of RQs sent or if it´s still the same.

Thanks to all of you and good luck on this journey.
yes, a few.

jsamiraziz

Aug 20, 2013
Hi Ali9999,
Can you profile yourself against this criteria. Which reason may have triggered an RQ in your case? Some of these, you may not the answer for such as A1 or A2.

Those are the reasons that could trigger a residency questionnaire:

- Applicant Characteristics:

A1 - Use of a suspect residential address.

A2 - NCB (Non-Computer Based) note in FOSS (Field Operations Support System), Warning or Note(s) in GCMS (Global Case Management System) indicating a concern. "Note you can google bulletins 2006 ob022 for more information"

A3 - Previous citizenship applications which were not approved, withdrawn, abandoned, renounced or revoked.

A4 - Discrepancy in absences between citizenship application and CIC information during the relevant 4 years period.

A5 - Self-identified as a consultant, self-employed or unemployed, with any travel during the relevant 4 year period.

A6 - Absences to home country to sell land/property or to take care of ill family member during the relevant 4 year period.

A7 - Applicant has self declared having less than 1095 days of physical presence.

- Family Characteristics:

B1 - Child born outside Canada during the relevant 4 year period.

B2 - A child has made a non-concurrent minor application.

- Documents

C1 - ID (provided in support of application) has been issued within 3 months of date of application.

C2 - Inconsistency between address on ID and address on application form.

C3 - Photograph and/or signature on the application do not resemble photograph and/or signature on identity document.

C4 - NPR time (non permanent resident time) has been used in the calculation of basic residence and the original entry data used does not appear on the IMM 1000, the Confirmation of Permanent Residence or in CIC records.

ali9999

Sep 4, 2012
hi
am really don't understand why I got RQ , I have lived in Montreal the past 4 years. and I can prove that for CIC . I have all important documents and I will order my travel history (CBSA) today .
I never did a crime , I came CANADA as investor with my parents , I have left my second country in UAE the county where i had grew up . I don't have any nationalities except my Palestine travel document . please I need any advises to help me what to do ?

RussCan

Star Member
Aug 16, 2013
What kind of advice are looking for Ali in this case?! You have received your RQ hence the only think you can do is to fill it out and submit. Its not really suprising given your peculiarities (raised in UAE, palestinian travel doc etc) you were issued a RQ. Those are first class triggers (according to most of posts I have read on this subject). Good luck.