+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

RPRF submission request at LA when I am in India

orgheart

Apr 17, 2012
I have been requested to submit my passport to Consulate General Office at LA for RPRF for the Federal Skilled Worker category.

I had recently completed my medicals in India and I am wondering how to get this done in India. Is there anyone with similar experience?

If I have to get this done in US, how should I submit my fees (Money order or Bank draft for RPRF) on either a US or Canada bank from India?

any help here will be greatly appreciated...

thanks and kind regards,
Samuel

thebeast184

Champion Member
Feb 21, 2011
Calgary, AB
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
OCT 2010
Doc's Request.
Submitted with App
AOR Received.
FEB 2011
IELTS Request
Submitted w App
Med's Request
Aug 2012
Med's Done....
Sep 2012
Passport Req..
Oct 2012
VISA ISSUED...
NOV 2012
LANDED..........
JAN 2013
You have to send passports with a friend to the US. It is illegal to send passport via courier from India. I don't think it would matter if the payment originates from india or US as long as it is in CAD or USD. However, I think you might be safer going with a US Money Order or Bank Draft

Can you share timelines?

Good luck!

Rod

orgheart

Apr 17, 2012
How do you get a US money order from India?
Otherwise, I can courier the passport to a US friend of mine have that person send this across to get the necessary stamping and then ask that person to send it back to India..
Is this the best option at this point?

On the timelines, I submitted in US buffalo in Jan 2008 but managed to get updates only recently

thanks,
Samuel

thebeast184

Champion Member
Feb 21, 2011
Calgary, AB
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
OCT 2010
Doc's Request.
Submitted with App
AOR Received.
FEB 2011
IELTS Request
Submitted w App
Med's Request
Aug 2012
Med's Done....
Sep 2012
Passport Req..
Oct 2012
VISA ISSUED...
NOV 2012
LANDED..........
JAN 2013
You are not allowed to courier your passport outside of India. Send the money order from india there should be no issue at all. You need to find someone traveling from India to the US and send the passport along with an authorization with them

Good Luck
Rod

orgheart said:
Otherwise, I can courier the passport to a US friend of mine have that person send this across to get the necessary stamping and then ask that person to send it back to India..

On the timelines, I submitted in US buffalo in Jan 2008 but managed to get updates only recently

thanks,
Samuel

Aquib

Apr 19, 2011
Calgary
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan 2010
Doc's Request.
March 2010
AOR Received.
JULY 2010
IELTS Request
SUBMIT WITH APPLICATION
File Transfer...
FEB 2010
Med's Request
09 FEB 2012
Med's Done....
27 Feb 2012
Interview........
Medical received 12 March
Passport Req..
15 April 2012
VISA ISSUED...
30 April 2012
LANDED..........
Sep 18 2012 Shuker Allah.
thebeast184 said:
You are not allowed to courier your passport outside of India. Send the money order from india there should be no issue at all. You need to find someone traveling from India to the US and send the passport along with an authorization with them

Good Luck
Rod
It is illegal to send passport out of country by post or with some obe hand .
Get Draft in Canadian doller from india and send by recorded delivery to US visa office .
Put a covering letter that you in India , then may be they make decesion there and ask you to submit PP at NDVO for stamping .
Its should not be any problem . All the best

binstm

Star Member
Feb 2, 2012
Cochin
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo VO
NOC Code......
3152/4131
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-02-2010
Doc's Request.
07-04-2010
AOR Received.
14-05-2010
File Transfer...
14-04-2010; The application was reviewed and they started processing on November 10, 2010
Med's Request
Letter dated 27 Feb 2012
Med's Done....
Letter Received on 21 March 2012; Medicals done on 24 March 2012; Sent to Ottawa from India on 27 and received on 29th March 2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
03 May 2012
VISA ISSUED...
Waiting
LANDED..........
Waiting
Dear,

All Indian Banks have their counterparts either as a branch or a tie-up with American banks so they will have checques of those banks.

If paying in US funds, make your payment instrument payable to the Consulate General of Canada . Payment in US funds by
bank draft or certified cheque must be drawn on a bank located in the United States.

Print your name on the back of the bank draft and also write your file number.

So you just have to go to the bank and take a demand draft in US dollars tell them it should be a cheque of a local bank in US. This link below will give u the payment options for LA.

w w w . canadainternational.gc.ca/buffalo/assets/pdfs/visas/50_1_eng.pdf

All the best.

Regards

orgheart said:

thanks,
Samuel
orgheart said:

thanks,
Samuel

orgheart

Apr 17, 2012
Thanks Aquib
"
It is illegal to send passport out of country by post or with some obe hand .
Get Draft in Canadian doller from india and send by recorded delivery to US visa office .
Put a covering letter that you in India , then may be they make decesion there and ask you to submit PP at NDVO for stamping .
Its should not be any problem . All the best"

I read a number of past posts but did not find anyone managing to change the visa office. Has anyone managed to get this done in the recent past? I will send the covering letter and try that route.. However I dont know if I will lose a lot of time in this process..

regards,
Samuel

orgheart

Apr 17, 2012
Otherwise, I will have to send the passport through a friend. But will have to organize this passport to be sent to LA office through a 2nd friend. Should I send a Use Representative Authorization form - imm5476e.pdf for both friends? or Can this be an authorization letter can in a normal letter and notarized in India?

Or will this be just the addressed USPS priority envelope with the 2nd friend name/address in US and I just mention in the cover letter indicating to send the passport to the 2nd friend.

Also while browsing through the posts, I understand its not legal to send the passport through courier. But I see someone managed to send it through Fedex. Can I send it in Fedex with a cover letter and pre-paid envelope to send it to a friend's address in US. Later I can collect it from that person as they will come to India shortly.

thanks,
Samuel

orgheart

Apr 17, 2012
Folks - can someone send me a copy of the authorization letter?
Otherwise, I am planning to do Bank draft route with an Indian bank (ICICI) in USD for the LA office? Any pointers?
Yet to try this with ICICI

thanks,
Samuel