+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

RPRF and Passport request

mike.1980

Sep 19, 2012
Hello everyone,

I have a couple of questions;I really appreciate it if you can answer my questions as many as you can? Sorry for many questions I asked!

1)My address has been changed and I recently changed my address online too. However, the PDF which they sent asking for the passport and RPRF still shows my old address on top of the PDF. How can I make sure they have my new address? I already updated my address online!

2)My status online is still "In Process", is that normal? and the PDF they sent asking the passport and RPRF says the processing is almost complete? Does yours say the same thing?

3)When do I receive COPR(Confirmation of Permanent Residence?

4)After getting the visa, do we need to go outside of the country and land one more time?(I'm in Canada)

Many thanks in adavnce :)

ragluf

Champion Member
Feb 15, 2012
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
1)My address has been changed and I recently changed my address online too. However, the PDF which they sent asking for the passport and RPRF still shows my old address on top of the PDF. How can I make sure they have my new address? I already updated my address online!
Any changes to your address/contact information should have been sent officially to the VO processing your file. Using the online method to change your address information yields varied success as reported by posters. If your mailing address has changed recently and you want your correspondence from the VO sent to the new mailing address, then better inform the VO immediately.

2)My status online is still "In Process", is that normal? and the PDF they sent asking the passport and RPRF says the processing is almost complete? Does yours say the same thing?
eCAS is not good indicator of progress on an application - it has been historically seen as slow to update and reflect the true state of the application. This is why eCAS is supplemented by asking for GCMS notes (via ATIP) and correspondence with the VOs to get a better idea of where your application is in the process.

If you have approval of your PR application, it comes when your PPs are returned (with your PR visa), included in the returned package to you.

4)After getting the visa, do we need to go outside of the country and land one more time?(I'm in Canada)
Yes. To activate your PR status - you need to complete "landing" procedures at the border/port-of-entry. There are options to do in-land landing via making an appointment at a CIC office - this does take some time. Typically, if you are in Canada, you can go/drive to the border (flagpoling) and get administrative refusal from the US Border Security, then turn back and re-enter Canada (present your visa and CoPR) to activate your PR status.

/hope this helps....

melcagienah

Nov 21, 2010
mike.1980 said:
Hello everyone,

I have a couple of questions;I really appreciate it if you can answer my questions as many as you can? Sorry for many questions I asked!

Many thanks in adavnce :)
Hi did you received your rprf request together with your medical request?