+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Royal Roads University Or Vancouver Island University?

abhineetarora

Sep 24, 2014
Hi guys, I have applied for MBA and MGM courses from VIU and RRU respectively. However, I am confused about which one is the better university.
My profile is
Bachelor of Management Studies(BMS)- first class (2007-2010)
Worked as an HR executive in a shipping company- 9months (Feb-oct 2011)
Worked as an Business Analyst - 3 years (March 2013-December 2015)
IELTS- over all 7 (W-6 R-8 L-7 S-7)

Like everyone else,I have the same concern of getting a good job and 3 years work permit after the completion of the course. According to you guys, which one would be more beneficial from internship and job point of view?
Also I want to know if part time jobs are easily available in RRU or VIU
PS- my gf has applied in UBC and SFU which is 3.5 hrs away from RRU & VIU. is there any place in the middle from where travelling times reduces to abt 1 or 1.5 hrs (Sorry in advance as this question is not related with MBA, just thought of asking an additional question in the same post)

Waiting to get your valuable advices

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Neither school is very good. If you're going to spend that much money, I would personally pick a better school that will give you decent job prospects.

UBC and SFU are in a completely different league.

abhineetarora

Sep 24, 2014
scylla said:
Neither school is very good. If you're going to spend that much money, I would personally pick a better school that will give you decent job prospects.

UBC and SFU are in a completely different league.
Thanks fr the prompt reply.
If i m not wrong, B schools in canada require 16 years of education where as I have 15 years of education due to which i have to apply in these univs.. do you know any other univ may be except Thompson Rivers University who accept 15 years of education?

Sujithpn

Jan 24, 2019
Thanks fr the prompt reply.
If i m not wrong, B schools in canada require 16 years of education where as I have 15 years of education due to which i have to apply in these univs.. do you know any other univ may be except Thompson Rivers University who accept 15 years of education?

Hello Abhineet,

Can you please be kind and let me know what you decided and why you decided. I am going through the same dilemma and would be very helpful if you could help me with any additional information.

Regards,
Sujitb