+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Royal Roads university fall 2020/Jan 2021

Rita2929

Feb 1, 2020
Hi,

I have got the offer for fall 2020 intake. Haven't applied for visa yet. What's about you?.
No .. not applied yet .. how much did it take to get offer letter from RRU .. and what all documents did you submit

SGT

May 19, 2019
No .. not applied yet .. how much did it take to get offer letter from RRU .. and what all documents did you submit
Hi Rita,

It took 2 months to get offer lette. I submitted all academic documents, IELTS score card, two Letter of reference (one professional and one academic) statement of purpose.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Please consider another university if you are planning on remaining in Canada longterm. There are a few schools that attract a lot of international students due to easy admission and likely good kickbacks to consultants. These schools are not well known by Canadian employers.

Reactions: Bond 007

abhijeetsingh2218

Feb 11, 2015
Hi everyone. I am also planning for Royal roads for fall 2021 (september intake). I got 9 plus years of experience in International business development. I think I should write down the reasons why I am planning for Royal roads.
1. Very few colleges offer a two year course in International business. A 2 year course is necessary for a candidate like me for obvious reasons. The other options are Thomson Rivers University, Crandall University, etc.
2. If your grads percentage is less than 60% you got very few options for MBA, MGM or PGDM course.
3. If your aim is only to get the PR, degree is just a branding which will help you to market yourself. Getting a job completely depends on your skills.
4. A public university has got more weight-age as compared to a private university. Royal roads is a public university.
5. MGM course has been designed for experienced professionals which is best for people like me.

Do let me know what you guys think about this.

Thanks,
Abhijeet

Reactions: Sblue

primaprime

VIP Member
Apr 6, 2019
Hi everyone. I am also planning for Royal roads for fall 2021 (september intake). I got 9 plus years of experience in International business development. I think I should write down the reasons why I am planning for Royal roads.
1. Very few colleges offer a two year course in International business. A 2 year course is necessary for a candidate like me for obvious reasons. The other options are Thomson Rivers University, Crandall University, etc.
2. If your grads percentage is less than 60% you got very few options for MBA, MGM or PGDM course.
3. If your aim is only to get the PR, degree is just a branding which will help you to market yourself. Getting a job completely depends on your skills.
4. A public university has got more weight-age as compared to a private university. Royal roads is a public university.
5. MGM course has been designed for experienced professionals which is best for people like me.

Thanks,
Abhijeet
What is your most recent education? With over 9 years of experience I assume you are over 30 and have been out of school for some time. Royal Roads is public but as one of many lesser-known institutions with lower tuition and entry requirements, it will still appear to the visa officer that you are likely an aspiring PR.

What are your ties to your country? Why can't you study there and how will Canadian education benefit your career back home?

amanagg23

Nov 21, 2020
Hi,

I have got the offer for fall 2020 intake. Haven't applied for visa yet. What's about you?.
Hi I had a query. recently I applied through a consultancy but when they gave me the account password, the status of the documents is not received. i am being told that they have emailed the documents and when the admission committee of the royal roads will review it, they will change the status to received. Is it the case ??? as you must be having the knowledge about the application.

amanagg23

Nov 21, 2020

Thanks,
Abhijeet
Hi I had a query. recently I applied through a consultancy but when they gave me the account password, the status of the documents is not received. i am being told that they have emailed the documents and when the admission committee of the royal roads will review it, they will change the status to received. Is it the case ??? as you must be having the knowledge about the application.

abhijeetsingh2218

Feb 11, 2015
Hi,

The process is slow. The application is first sent to the RRU representative of your geographical area. The representative then reviews your application and sends a feedback mail directly to the candidate (only if something is missing). If your application is proper then they will send a mail stating that your application has been forwarded to the International admission committee at RRU, Victoria. After the mail, you need to wait for atleast 3-4 working days then only it will be updated on the student portal. Hope this helps.

Thanks,
Abhijeet

amanagg23

Nov 21, 2020
Hi,

The process is slow. The application is first sent to the RRU representative of your geographical area. The representative then reviews your application and sends a feedback mail directly to the candidate (only if something is missing). If your application is proper then they will send a mail stating that your application has been forwarded to the International admission committee at RRU, Victoria. After the mail, you need to wait for atleast 3-4 working days then only it will be updated on the student portal. Hope this helps.

Thanks,
Abhijeet
hi.. my documents needed revision and some additional documents were needed as well but I did not receive any mail from the univerity. Rather I pushed my consultant to follow up from the representative and thats when I got to know that they need some more documents which I arranged in next 2 days. I sent the documents to the consultant and after a day my consultant told me that the application is now forwarded to international admissions. However, the status of my application is still documents not received . I submitted documents on 12th Jan and its been now 10 days including weekends but the status hasnt changed.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
hi.. my documents needed revision and some additional documents were needed as well but I did not receive any mail from the univerity. Rather I pushed my consultant to follow up from the representative and thats when I got to know that they need some more documents which I arranged in next 2 days. I sent the documents to the consultant and after a day my consultant told me that the application is now forwarded to international admissions. However, the status of my application is still documents not received . I submitted documents on 12th Jan and its been now 10 days including weekends but the status hasnt changed.
Would really suggest applying to another school.