+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Romanian Timeline - In Process

Ivanikol

Oct 21, 2016
HI guys , does someone knows how long it takes after they request the passport for Permanent residence ?
It was received in Bucharest on 23/DEc /2016
My spouse sent it with VFS Global,Sofia , Bulgaria .
thanks ?

Alexand

Star Member
Aug 24, 2016
Toronto Ontario Canada
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
winteravenue said:
@Alexand - Thank you, but when I got the e-mail along with a couple flyers for the pre-arrival services I've immediately registered to one of them and I'm waiting for them to contact me - up to 5 business days, which is this week.
Is it hard to find a spot for these courses? Should I sign up to more or wait for an answer from the first one?
How did everything turn out?

Did you successfully connected with them?

Looking forward to hearing from you :)

boubou

Star Member
Jan 21, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Ivanikol said:
HI guys , does someone knows how long it takes after they request the passport for Permanent residence ?
It was received in Bucharest on 23/DEc /2016
My spouse sent it with VFS Global,Sofia , Bulgaria .
thanks ?
any news??

Determined

Nov 23, 2015
Hello everyone in the Romanian Timeline!
We just got notified that I got approved as a sponsor and that my husband's file is being sent to BUcharest. He is originally from Moldova so based on that we deal with Bucharest visa office.
I was happy to see that some applications are being processed super quick in Bucharest hope its the same for us and everyone still waiting on here!
Any additional feedback about Bucharest visa office is certainly welcome :)

Good luck and God Bless!!

Jul 10, 2016
Our background check status changed to "in progress" since nov 8. After 2 days medicals changed to "passed".
Since then no more news. I see here that there are others who received their visa already and they apply after us. We applied in May 2016. It is weird. I was thinking to contact them. Anyone else in the same situation?
Any advice?...my wife's medicals will expire middle of march...
Thanks!

steph89

Aug 8, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Amman/Bucharest
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
August/2015
LANDED..........
January/2017
bogi in Canada said:
Our background check status changed to "in progress" since nov 8. After 2 days medicals changed to "passed".
Since then no more news. I see here that there are others who received their visa already and they apply after us. We applied in May 2016. It is weird. I was thinking to contact them. Anyone else in the same situation?
Any advice?...my wife's medicals will expire middle of march...
Thanks!

I don't know why it's taking so long, we got PPR last week, and I applied august/2015.. immigration does what they want, mine changed to in progress nov-18-2016 and we got PPR jan 16-2017.. did you contact your mp?

lulud

Nov 29, 2016
Hi everyone :) Anyone on here sponsoring a parent or grandparent? We're sponsoring my grandmother and applied last year in January 2016. Her medicals were send off to the London visa office just this week. Wondering how long it might take to hear anything back from your experience? The MyCIC account is just showing in progress for eligibility, medical and background check. Really not that much information...

lorelay

Oct 11, 2016
lulud said:
Hi everyone :) Anyone on here sponsoring a parent or grandparent? We're sponsoring my grandmother and applied last year in January 2016. Her medicals were send off to the London visa office just this week. Wondering how long it might take to hear anything back from your experience? The MyCIC account is just showing in progress for eligibility, medical and background check. Really not that much information...
Hi Lulud, I am sponsor for my mom and my LVO is also Bucharest. We did medicals in 2 January but London request some additional tests that we send in 23 February. In 1 March the status was changed in Medical passed.My status for BC is "We are processing your background check. We will send you a message if we need more information.

Many information you can find on the threat:

tips-for-2016-future-pgp-applicants

elllham

Star Member
Oct 26, 2015
Does anyone here know how long the security check for Iraqi residents takes? Do you know any cases that have been finalized ?

Tdot_Boy

Star Member
Feb 22, 2017
Visa Office......
Bucharest
App. Filed.......
16-02-2017
AOR Received.
02-03-2017
File Transfer...
20-03-2017... 3rd line...: 13-04-2017
Med's Request
17-07-2017
Med's Done....
19-07-2017
Passport Req..
14-12-2017
VISA ISSUED...
29-12-2017
elllham said:
Does anyone here know how long the security check for Iraqi residents takes? Do you know any cases that have been finalized ?
Hello there,

It is great to find some fellow applicants going through the Bucharest VO.

Please see our timeline.

Last update was: We started processing your application on Apr 13, 2017

Hope to hear soon regarding medical.

Best of luck to everyone!

canadaloverlb

Nov 29, 2016
chat.whatsapp.com/3rvQJTjKZvu8o8EHnvcsPy

Hi. Here is whatsapp group for those processed at Bucharest VO. Please join and invite those you know.

Tdot_Boy

Star Member
Feb 22, 2017
Visa Office......
Bucharest
App. Filed.......
16-02-2017
AOR Received.
02-03-2017
File Transfer...
20-03-2017... 3rd line...: 13-04-2017
Med's Request
17-07-2017
Med's Done....
19-07-2017
Passport Req..
14-12-2017
VISA ISSUED...
29-12-2017
Anymore updates from the Bucharest VO for anyone?

Ruqayya1979

Star Member
Dec 8, 2016
Hey....just noticed that your application and timeline is same as mine. I also sent from Jordan and it was transferred to Bucharest. I haven't received anything from them and it says that medical exam is not needed even though it was sent with the application. I just wonder why some applications are processed faster than others. Thanks I'm just wondering if you I've had similar experiences with their VO

ohassank

May 16, 2017
Hi,
  1. Received application in Mississauga on December 22, 2016.
  2. Received acknowledging receipt of sponsor approval on January 12, 2017.
  3. It says the started processing PR on January 11, 2017.
I sent them a web form to change the email address and ask about status and they said that its currently going through the required assessment process. No other update that than. So its been 5 months in Romania. I applied in Canada but spouse is in Qatar.