February 2016
Passport Req..
4th November 2016
VISA ISSUED...
8th November 2016
LANDED..........
14th January 2017
Thank you for the congrats! :D
@ellllham http://www.visaplace.com/blog-immigration-law/canadian-immigration-lawyer/immigraton-red-flags/
There was a more detailed list about all the red flags, but I can't seem to find it on hand right now. Things like: Being from a poor country/ Age Gap/ Different religion/ Timing of the application/ Wedding ceremony / Getting married on the first visit/ Honeymoon (they will not accept any excuse for not having one), being together for a short time, circumstances of meeting, things like that.

In the passport request they asked me to print their e-mail, make sure my passport is proper (has enough pages, won't expire soon, etc) and 2 photos of the same size that you gave in your application. They gave me some e-flyers and actually, in those, I have found another two things that were required that the e-mail did not mention: A certain consent form and a payment for Passport processing that had to come along with the passport. You could pay it in person if you went to deliver the passport yourself, but if you wanted to choose by courier, you had to add the receipt with it.
So make sure you read and re-read and check EVERYTHING multiple times to not miss something important!

semos

Star Member
May 28, 2015
winteravenue said:
@ellllham http://www.visaplace.com/blog-immigration-law/canadian-immigration-lawyer/immigraton-red-flags/
There was a more detailed list about all the red flags, but I can't seem to find it on hand right now. Things like: Being from a poor country/ Age Gap/ Different religion/ Timing of the application/ Wedding ceremony / Getting married on the first visit/ Honeymoon (they will not accept any excuse for not having one), being together for a short time, circumstances of meeting, things like that.

In the passport request they asked me to print their e-mail, make sure my passport is proper (has enough pages, won't expire soon, etc) and 2 photos of the same size that you gave in your application. They gave me some e-flyers and actually, in those, I have found another two things that were required that the e-mail did not mention: A certain consent form and a payment for Passport processing that had to come along with the passport. You could pay it in person if you went to deliver the passport yourself, but if you wanted to choose by courier, you had to add the receipt with it.
So make sure you read and re-read and check EVERYTHING multiple times to not miss something important!
Hi , I am a little bit confused , should you pay an extra fee for passport processing ?? I think that the required fee is only for courier !!! You already paid the PPR fee

elllham

Star Member
Oct 26, 2015
winteravenue said:

Based on this, we had a lot of red flags, and our application has been sitting in Bucharest since February 2016. We applied in August 2015 and our application was transferred to Romania. Still waiting:(

elllham

Star Member
Oct 26, 2015
semos said:
Hi , I am a little bit confused , should you pay an extra fee for passport processing ?? I think that the required fee is only for courier !!! You already paid the PPR fee
Yes. I had never heard about an additional fee for passport!!!

winteravenue

Jan 6, 2015
Visa Office......
Bucharest VO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14th April 2016
Med's Done....
February 2016
Passport Req..
4th November 2016
VISA ISSUED...
8th November 2016
LANDED..........
14th January 2017
http://www.vfsglobal.ca/Canada/Romania/english/how_to_apply.html#temporary_documents
http://www.vfsglobal.ca/Canada/Romania/english/Service_and_Service_Charge.html

Passport Transmission-Price Per Passport $34.22
Courier delivery of applications to applicant upon receipt from visa office (in-country) – Price per Applicant $34.22

The Passport Transmission Services offered by the VACs will enable you to:
Get your passport delivered to the CVO (Embassy) in a timely and safe manner.
You will be able to track the status of your passport by using the Tracking tool on the CVAC website

The passport transmission wasn't the same as courier fee.

winteravenue

Jan 6, 2015
Visa Office......
Bucharest VO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14th April 2016
Med's Done....
February 2016
Passport Req..
4th November 2016
VISA ISSUED...
8th November 2016
LANDED..........
14th January 2017
@elllham If you want to know more about Red Flags, start reading from the second page: http://meurrensonimmigration.com/wp-content/uploads/Spotting-Fake-Marriages.pdf

Alexand

Star Member
Aug 24, 2016
Toronto Ontario Canada
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
winteravenue said:
Just got PPR! :D
Applied April 15th 2016.
We did have red flags, however it looks like they saw our marriage was genuine ^_^
Does anyone have courier information handy for Bucharest VO? Thanks in advance, I'll be looking in the meantime!
Congratulations!!!

Best of luck and much happiness!

Remember that you qualify for free pre-arrival settlement services. Look over them on the CIC website http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/newcomers/before-services.asp or you can contact NExtStopCanada.ca to do the hard work of research for you.

Or when you arrive check this CIC link to find free services near you. http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/newcomers/map/services.asp (most of these services you can contact even after years of living in Canada)

Wish you all the best!

Alex

elllham

Star Member
Oct 26, 2015
winteravenue said:
@elllham If you want to know more about Red Flags, start reading from the second page: http://meurrensonimmigration.com/wp-content/uploads/Spotting-Fake-Marriages.pdf
Thanks. I got it. The problem in our case is they don't even bother to take a look at it. We've been waiting for 15 months and the status of everything says "not started ". They told us we are in the queue, waiting to be processed. It's crazy .our application is very straightforward.we lived together for a year before marriage. Sent a lot of our vacation photos. That'not the problem.

elllham

Star Member
Oct 26, 2015
Ivanikol said:
Wow ! Thats long ! What country you're applying from?
My husband is in Iraq now because of his job. We're both from Iran and the processing time for Iran is 10 months, but because he is in Iraq now the processing time of Iraq applies to him which is 22 months. We are really depressed now.

Romania85

Star Member
Jun 5, 2016
Visa Office......
Bucharest
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 4th, 2016
AOR Received.
July 22nd, 2016
File Transfer...
August 18th, 2016
Med's Request
June 15th, 2016
Passport Req..
November 9th, 2016
i'm so excited, we just got the request to pay the RPF fee, i can't believe it!

Romania85

Star Member
Jun 5, 2016
Visa Office......
Bucharest
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 4th, 2016
AOR Received.
July 22nd, 2016
File Transfer...
August 18th, 2016
Med's Request
June 15th, 2016
Passport Req..
November 9th, 2016
I'm from Romania and they received our application on July 4th. We had a very straightforward application, no red flags, I live with my husband in Romania and he's already been to Canada twice (has a tourist visa valid for 5 years, and a US visa valid for 10 years; maybe that helped speed things up).

Ivanikol

Oct 21, 2016
Romania85 said:
I'm from Romania and they received our application on July 4th. We had a very straightforward application, no red flags, I live with my husband in Romania and he's already been to Canada twice (has a tourist visa valid for 5 years, and a US visa valid for 10 years; maybe that helped speed things up).

That's amazing !!!! Happy for you guys !!!!
I am from Bulgaria , applied August :)
and our case is also without red flags but we never lived
together before .... just friends since young , dated back in high school, and now together again since an year :) Hope it goes fast too !

Romania85

Star Member
Jun 5, 2016
Visa Office......
Bucharest
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 4th, 2016
AOR Received.
July 22nd, 2016
File Transfer...
August 18th, 2016
Med's Request
June 15th, 2016
Passport Req..
November 9th, 2016
yeah, i'm still in shock that it took them so little, but we are so, so, so grateful! i miss my family (including parents+siblings) back in canada so much, we can't wait to be back and start our lives!

i really hope everyone's case will be processed fast! :)