+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Romanian Timeline - In Process

semos

Star Member
May 28, 2015
Mia7890 said:
Hey guys I got an invitation for passport iuhuu finally after a year. Do anybody know do we need to pay any other fee for visa?
Congraat If you pay the landing fee and they have requested the passport then you will not have to pay any extra fee except for courier.

so it took 1 year .....oh my god ...are your case is straight forward ? or do you have any red flag ?

Alexand

Star Member
Aug 24, 2016
Toronto Ontario Canada
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Mia7890 said:
Hey guys I got an invitation for passport iuhuu finally after a year. Do anybody know do we need to pay any other fee for visa?
Hello,

Read your letter of invitation. If it stats that you need to pay or not. You might have payed already. But I have a question to you. In this invitation letter, did you receive the Planning Ahead section where they provide you with the list of pre-arrival service you are eligible for?

This is the list that I am asking about: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/newcomers/before-services.asp

Congratulations and best of luck!

PS

A year is really good timing. ;) When I came to Canada the average wait time was 3-6 years

Siana2

Jul 30, 2016
....processing times have changed now to 14 months for Bucharest. When I applied the processing time was 13 month, is the new one for new applicants or for anyone who is awaiting approval?

Mia7890

Sep 29, 2016
semos said:
Congraat If you pay the landing fee and they have requested the passport then you will not have to pay any extra fee except for courier.

so it took 1 year .....oh my god ...are your case is straight forward ? or do you have any red flag ?
hello it was straight no red flags yes exactly a year since I sent the documents and on 4th of November will be a year since they received them.

Mia7890

Sep 29, 2016
Alexand said:
Hello,

Read your letter of invitation. If it stats that you need to pay or not. You might have payed already. But I have a question to you. In this invitation letter, did you receive the Planning Ahead section where they provide you with the list of pre-arrival service you are eligible for?

This is the list that I am asking abou

Congratulations and best of luck!

A year is really good timing. ;) When I came to Canada the average wait time was 3-6 years
Hey , you are right in the letter didn't mention that I have to pay it was payed already. They did send a list with pre-arrival services

hm3

Sep 30, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I applied for permanent residence through the Express Entry, my AOR was on March 27
6 months and 12 days and still waiting
I'm from Iraq and was told my file is being processed in Bucharest/ Romania
I sent the Bucharest VO an email asking about my status last week and they didn't reply yet

haz2016

Sep 26, 2016
Hi everyone -

application for spousal sponsorship is in visa office in Bucharest and I just noticed an update thru the status check link saying "we started processing the application on October 3rd, 2016"...overall status "In process".

from your experiences, is this a good thing and should we expect to hear from them soon? medical, all fees paid, all docs...etc are sent in advance to them

thanks,

Romania85

Star Member
Jun 5, 2016
Visa Office......
Bucharest
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 4th, 2016
AOR Received.
July 22nd, 2016
File Transfer...
August 18th, 2016
Med's Request
June 15th, 2016
Passport Req..
November 9th, 2016
hm3 said:
I applied for permanent residence through the Express Entry, my AOR was on March 27
6 months and 12 days and still waiting
I'm from Iraq and was told my file is being processed in Bucharest/ Romania
I sent the Bucharest VO an email asking about my status last week and they didn't reply yet
Did you apply for express entry or family sponsorship? If for express entry, this is the wrong threat to post in as it refers to sponsorship only.

semos

Star Member
May 28, 2015
haz2016 said:
Hi everyone -

application for spousal sponsorship is in visa office in Bucharest and I just noticed an update thru the status check link saying "we started processing the application on October 3rd, 2016"...overall status "In process".

from your experiences, is this a good thing and should we expect to hear from them soon? medical, all fees paid, all docs...etc are sent in advance to them

thanks,
I wish that you will hear something from them soon . My file was in process for 2 month and i did not hear anything from them till now.
I hope that they are feeling with us .

Romania85

Star Member
Jun 5, 2016
Visa Office......
Bucharest
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 4th, 2016
AOR Received.
July 22nd, 2016
File Transfer...
August 18th, 2016
Med's Request
June 15th, 2016
Passport Req..
November 9th, 2016
Do you guys know if the Romanian VO has a backlog they are working through?

haz2016

Sep 26, 2016
semos said:
I wish that you will hear something from them soon . My file was in process for 2 month and i did not hear anything from them till now.
I hope that they are feeling with us .
Thank you..same wishes for you. Does your status say " we started processing your application" inside ? I am trying to figure out whether people have heard from them shortly after they indicate this in the status

semos

Star Member
May 28, 2015
haz2016 said:
Thank you..same wishes for you. Does your status say " we started processing your application" inside ? I am trying to figure out whether people have heard from them shortly after they indicate this in the status
Yes . It showed that they started processing the application on August 2016 but i did not hear from them since that date .Hopefully , we will get any soon

semos

Star Member
May 28, 2015
Romania85 said:
Do you guys know if the Romanian VO has a backlog they are working through?
Hi Romania 86 .
some of our friends here had their applications been received on February 2016 . I think that they are working on the application from the first half of 2016. Hopefully not ,But it seems that this what is happening now .

Romania85

Star Member
Jun 5, 2016
Visa Office......
Bucharest
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 4th, 2016
AOR Received.
July 22nd, 2016
File Transfer...
August 18th, 2016
Med's Request
June 15th, 2016
Passport Req..
November 9th, 2016
Thanks for your reply. My application also states "we started processing your application on August 30th", so does that mean they're working on it?

semos

Star Member
May 28, 2015
Romania85 said:
Thanks for your reply. My application also states "we started processing your application on August 30th", so does that mean they're working on it?
I wish that they are working on your file .But , unfortunately they might not . Visa offices usually put the applications on process when they receive it. Hopefully they will work on this soon . I think that if the visa officer catch your file it will not take more than 2 weeks ( if all requested documents and fee are submitted earlier ) .

Hopefully will hear something soon