+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Roll call: How many have their passports with the Canadian Embassy in Manila?

pipes

Star Member
Sep 19, 2013
Cebu, Philippines
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-02-2013
AOR Received.
05-03-2013 {stage 1} 19-03-2013 {stage 2}
Med's Done....
04-12-2012
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
12-08-2013 with Appendix A
VISA ISSUED...
In God's perfect TIME...
eddieR said:
Hi, our passports is held for 11months now. Our medical expired last Feb. 27 and still no news or update from CEM..
we are almost on same boat...medicals ko at anak ko nag expire last Dec. 2013...no news at walang update mula CEM...just waiting for my GCMS notes...almost 1 year na application...

cruise

Jul 16, 2012
PAGASA said:
Can we ask CEM to return our passports if they are not coming up with a decision yet?
It has been 18mos and my family wants to take a vacation in April.
Is it legal for them to hold passports for more than a year?
Hi Pagasa, your passport has been with the Canadian Embassy Manila for 18 mos. now? That is the longest that I have ever heard of. The normal processing time for the whole family sponsorship is only 14 months. Did the embassy every explain why??

PAGASA

Jan 19, 2013
cruise said:
Hi Pagasa, your passport has been with the Canadian Embassy Manila for 18 mos. now? That is the longest that I have ever heard of. The normal processing time for the whole family sponsorship is only 14 months. Did the embassy every explain why??
Hi! Yes..18mos! After a year of follow up CEM said our file is under review then they asked for additional
documents. Our lawyer submitted docs last Oct 2013 but until now no news regarding our app. I want to get
our passports back...it has been soooooo long. :( missed a lot of family trips already :( :mad:

PAGASA

Jan 19, 2013
Cem is not also replying for our request to withdraw our passports if they cannot come up with a decision yet.
How come? They lost our passports? Huhuhu...very frustrating.

cruise

Jul 16, 2012
PAGASA said:
Cem is not also replying for our request to withdraw our passports if they cannot come up with a decision yet.
How come? They lost our passports? Huhuhu...very frustrating.
/Sorry to hear that Pagasa. 18 months is such a long time to hold on to your passports. The CEM should really just request the passport when it is ready to issue the visa. I hope your lawyers can you helpyou. Have you tried your MP?

auditt

Star Member
May 9, 2013
We are entering our 19th month of waiting, and they have had our passports since May 2013. I requested them back for a month last year so I could take my wife to Macau for our anniversary, but they never replied. The system is a very cold heartless system. Once they have established the marriage is real and the medicals are clear they should let you bring your family here while the file waits forever to be completed. Very discriminating system. Fraud can come from anywhere, not just third world countries.

Awesomeg

Mar 2, 2014
Alberta
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb. 13/2014
Doc's Request.
24-07-2014
AOR Received.
19-03-2014
Med's Done....
27-01-2014....Remeds 13-03-15
Interview........
"Waived" In Process August 19-2014
Passport Req..
July 24-2014.
VISA ISSUED...
DM after almost 15 months of waiting, April 20/15
LANDED..........
15-05-2015 Finally... together...
PAGASA said:
I have avoided visiting the forum for quite some time, for me not to keep whining about our application but
our case is very frustrating already.
CEM got hold of our passports(me and kids) since July of 2012. I belong to the Feb. 2012 applicants.
No updates until now. We have tried every means to get in touch with CEM...emails, MPs, case specific inquiry...still no reply. :(
Your case is extreme,
That doesn't make sense, somebody needs to get in touch with the respective Member of Parliament and explain the case,
this is the only way to get answers soon. Many people do that and in less than a week after the problem is solved in many cases that I have seen.