+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Roles and responsibilities modified but job title same for the past 2 years will it count?

Dip2808

Jul 31, 2020
Hi all,

I have been working at the same company for 2 years, during the first year sometime the role and responsibility was modified a little, just information was added but the job title has been same. Would it cause some problems for Express entry application in regards to the work experience points?

Any help would be appreciated :)

Dip2808

Jul 31, 2020
I don't know if it will cause problems, but if you worked in two different NOCs, despite keeping the same job title, you should make that part of your EE profile.
Not different NOC, just some tasks were added to my role as I progressed they saw that I do more than what the role specified on paper and corrected it. I do have a VOE mentioning the latest roles with 2 years mentioned on it. What do you think then?

thevisawhisperer

Champion Member
Jun 10, 2020
West Coast
Sorry, I no longer understand what you're talking about . . . the same NOC, but role progressed . . . corrected it . . . The essence of the NOC is the duties. If duties were added it changes the NOC. If the added duties were already part of the NOC that you weren't doing yet then it's the same job and you're inventing problems where none could possibly exist.

Dip2808

Jul 31, 2020
Apologies maybe I should have been more lucid.

1. Jobtitle is same.

2. When I started the job, the document shared to me with the roles and responsibilities was not detailed enough but the tasks were performed, all I requested our HR team and management was to list it under the roles and responsibilities thus in simple words the tasks were not elaborated or detailed, and after my request that was done

3. Hence I wanted to check if that could cause any kind of issues or it's fine.

Again thanks for helping out.

Dip2808

Jul 31, 2020
Sorry, I no longer understand what you're talking about . . . the same NOC, but role progressed . . . corrected it . . . The essence of the NOC is the duties. If duties were added it changes the NOC. If the added duties were already part of the NOC that you weren't doing yet then it's the same job and you're inventing problems where none could possibly exist.
Apologies maybe I should have been more lucid.

1. Jobtitle is same.

2. When I started the job, the document shared to me with the roles and responsibilities was not detailed enough but the tasks were performed, all I requested our HR team and management was to list it under the roles and responsibilities thus in simple words the tasks were not elaborated or detailed, and after my request that was done

3. Hence I wanted to check if that could cause any kind of issues or it's fine.

Again thanks for helping out.