+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Roborts Replacing Canadian Visa Officers !!!

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Everyone is experimenting with AI these days and has been for a while. It's really not that surprising. It's a good idea and could speed up processing eventually.

Most large organizations have AI at this point - governments are no different.

Last time I flew through a US airport they were training AI on security screening.

Reactions: Qwertypod

Bs65

VIP Member
Mar 22, 2016
So it is true then the prediction from the Terminator film franchise soon to be seen at CBSA checkpoints.! Fiction often has a habit of coming into real life hopefully of course not that extreme then again AI was fiction a few years back.

In the current situation people need to lighten up and keep some humour going no matter how ridiculous ! But hey who knows given I would never have believed someone if they told me a few years back of hotel room service delivered by a robot or a hotel checkin by a human looking robot.

Last edited:

Qwertypod

Jan 28, 2019
This could be the main reason of visa TRV refusal ⚠⚠⚠
How would AI be the reason for TRV refusals, exactly? It would be looking at the same information, if machine learning is programmed well. I am sure smarter people than you or me are dealing with this..

Qwertypod

Jan 28, 2019
see you agree or not , it’s their decision to try robot , AI etc .
Completely agree, it's not like they are waiting on this one person's opinion :D
That being said, I'm excited. Applications will be processed much faster and they might come out of this making more profit on immigration and pumping it back into the economy.

Bs65

VIP Member
Mar 22, 2016
So? You don't even know what you're talking about. Humans make more errors than a computer.
Ah but it takes a human to build a computer, or at least build the machine to build the computer and then to develop the software for it run. It is generally the latter which causes computers to not be infallible. In fact if we ever get to a world where they are maybe we should all start worrying.