+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

RO not met - enter canada by land

bujji

Dec 9, 2013
I have landed in Canada in 2012 , got my pr card and came back to USA and stayed out of for Canada 4 years 2 months. Now I want to visit Canada to get my us visa stamped. As I need to do earliest I don't have time to renounce my PR and apply for visit visa. Can I use my valid PR card to travel to Canada ? I do understand that they can report me and issue a removal order but my concern is whether I will be allowed to enter Canada or denied at POE. I am going to be truthful about my RO not being met to the border officer but what would I say for the reason I want to go Canada. Will they let me in when I say I am going to get my visa stamped ? Any inputs would be a great help.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
They will definitely let you in. It's possible they may report you and trigger the official removal of your PR status. However you will be allowed into Canada.

bujji

Dec 9, 2013
scylla said:
They will definitely let you in. It's possible they may report you and trigger the official removal of your PR status. However you will be allowed into Canada.
Thank you for your input. I am concerned if I tell them that I am entering for my US visa stamping will they let me in.

Bs65

VIP Member
Mar 22, 2016
bujji said:
Thank you for your input. I am concerned if I tell them that I am entering for my US visa stamping will they let me in.
you are still a PR until you either renounce PR or PR is revoked so you are entitled to enter Canada regardless of the reason you are coming back.

Do not volunteer to CBSA that you have not met residency as that is the responsibility of CBSA to make that assessment just answer honestly only questions posed by CBSA nothing more nothing less. If you still have a valid PR card and passport you should be fine even if eventually at some point in future revoke proceeding are initiated.