+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

RO not meet, PR card expired - entry Options via US

Patentfiler

Mar 23, 2021
Hi Team,

My PR card is expiring in April and have not meet RO. I was there till 2019, but does not meet the RO requirements.

I intend to travel to Canada back now.

I have valid US Business Visa, is it possible for me to enter Canada on basis this visa from US?

Assuming I am not reported, I am fine to stay put 2 years straight until I meet my next RO requirement.

Can you please suggest?

Thanks,
Pfiler.

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
My PR card is expiring in April and have not meet RO. I was there till 2019, but does not meet the RO requirements.

I intend to travel to Canada back now.

I have valid US Business Visa, is it possible for me to enter Canada on basis this visa from US?
It's not clear from your question whether you intend to enter before or after your card is expired.

Either way, the answer is yes - but if your PR card is expired, you won't be able to do so by air.

It may be preferable (but not determinative) - in terms of likelihood of being reported - to enter before the card is expired.

Beyond that, the major question is if you will be 'reported' (i.e. process of revocation started, subject to appeal). Other threads cover this extensively, and there's no way to predict this - it will depend on a lot of factors, including how much out of compliance you are, whether you have H&C 'reasons' that convince, and how lenient or not a particular officer at port of entry may be - including taking into account whether covid has played a role in your non-compliance.

Good luck.

Patentfiler

Mar 23, 2021
Thanks much Armoured.

I intend to enter little later in May, while the card expires in April. I understand, no one can predict PoE.

Will they allow me to enter from US Border with expired PR card? Their basis of entry will be PR card
(now expired) or US Business Visa?

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Thanks much Armoured.

I intend to enter little later in May, while the card expires in April. I understand, no one can predict PoE.

Will they allow me to enter from US Border with expired PR card? Their basis of entry will be PR card
(now expired) or US Business Visa?
You will be allowed in based on your expired PR card.

A US business visa does not allow you to enter Canada. The US and Canada are two different countries.

elman50203

Mar 20, 2021
it is totally unpredictable - but you take your chances and make sure to have a rollback plan if they did not allow you to enter or report you for RO, but it will not be easy if you as an adult have expired PR and you exit without a convincing reason, I know some friends did it multiple times, but their family was in CANADA already, and they pass the gate with their own Car after lots of questions from immigration officers.

I will tell you my experience, MY PR And Wife was not expired, but my KIDs PR Was expired - and I left Canada with their expired PR because my father was very sick, and I can not wait to tell renewal of my KIDs PR - So i submitted an application for my KIDs PR Renewal and traveled back to my father, I spend 1 month with my father as he wanted to see the kids before he died when returning back to Canada, I can not go back by air because my KIDs PR expired, so I traveled to US NY, and had an internal flight to Buffalo, then I rented a Canadian plate CAR

and go through the Canada POE Niagra Falls, the officer outside told me you have expired PR, and let me inside to meet another Officer, he asked me some questions and proof that I submitted a renewal application for my KIDs, and they allowed us to enter normally

The question was
  1. why you exit with expired PR?
  2. Do you have a proof for submitting a renewal application for your kids?
  3. what is your place of birth, me and my kids?
  4. What is your date of Birth?
  5. show us the landing papers
Good Luck for you and your family , Canada is a very good place to live , but you have to be very competent because jobs are not easy ,

Reactions: Patentfiler