+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

RO for Dependent child sponsorship

swash110

Star Member
Jun 7, 2014
Hi i hope you are good. I need to ask an important question hope you will guide. I will be sponsoring my 1 year old child. I need to know about residency obligations. In my case i did soft landing in oct 2016 and returned back to home country in nov 2016. Now I will be settling permanent in Canada means i have already spent 2 years and 9 months outside canada. So am i eligible to sponsor my child and meet the RO. My PR card is still valid for next 2 years and 3 months. Thanks

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hi i hope you are good. I need to ask an important question hope you will guide. I will be sponsoring my 1 year old child. I need to know about residency obligations. In my case i did soft landing in oct 2016 and returned back to home country in nov 2016. Now I will be settling permanent in Canada means i have already spent 2 years and 9 months outside canada. So am i eligible to sponsor my child and meet the RO. My PR card is still valid for next 2 years and 3 months. Thanks
Yes if you return to Canada before the 3 year mark.

swash110

Star Member
Jun 7, 2014
Yes if you return to Canada before the 3 year mark.
Sir, do i need any tax certificate or income proof? I will be coming in end of june and intent to apply as soon as i reach there means within 1 week. I will not be having any job so how will i show financial assistance?

swash110

Star Member
Jun 7, 2014
You will have to show you have enough savings to support your family.
One of member told me about form C and T4 Form. Since I recently came here therefore i have none of these doscs. Is it ok to write in letter of explanation about this situation. I will attach bank statement in Canadian bank to show saving to support my son. Is it fine to apply sponsorship this way.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
One of member told me about form C and T4 Form. Since I recently came here therefore i have none of these doscs. Is it ok to write in letter of explanation about this situation. I will attach bank statement in Canadian bank to show saving to support my son. Is it fine to apply sponsorship this way.
You won't have a T4 until close to tax times.