+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Riyadh Embassy PRTD Processing time?

MWQ

Star Member
Jan 23, 2015
Hello,

I had landed in Canada at April 2017 as a permanent resident and due to compulsory reasons; I had to leave Canada in May 2017, before receiving my PR card.

now I wish to apply for a PRTD & return back in December, what is the processing time for a PRTD application from Riyadh visa office?

ImmiCanada17

Jun 4, 2017
Hello,

I had landed in Canada at April 2017 as a permanent resident and due to compulsory reasons; I had to leave Canada in May 2017, before receiving my PR card.

now I wish to apply for a PRTD & return back in December, what is the processing time for a PRTD application from Riyadh visa office?
Did you apply for PRTD?
How much time the Riyadh embassy took to issue PRTD?

mrz10

Feb 23, 2020
Did you apply for PRTD?
How much time the Riyadh embassy took to issue PRTD?
Hi,

I have applied for a PRTD for my wife at Riyadh VFS on 20th Feb. We landed in March 2019 and could only stay for 6 days. I'll update the processing time here once we receive it. Hopefully soon since we have 4 years left to complete our RO.

One thing I'd like everyone to know that the IRCC website doesn't tell us is; you can apply for a PRTD without submitting your passport. They will send a passport request when your PRTD application is approved. You can also withdraw your passport without withdrawing your application if you wish to travel. We are going to exit Saudi Arabia soon so we needed to have that option. We requested to speak to the manager at VFS and they were extremely helpful. If we have to leave Saudi Arabia we can just courier the passport to them after landing in Pakistan. And then anyone can collect the passport on our behalf.

mrz10

Feb 23, 2020
Hi,

I have applied for a PRTD for my wife at Riyadh VFS on 20th Feb. We landed in March 2019 and could only stay for 6 days. I'll update the processing time here once we receive it. Hopefully soon since we have 4 years left to complete our RO.

One thing I'd like everyone to know that the IRCC website doesn't tell us is; you can apply for a PRTD without submitting your passport. They will send a passport request when your PRTD application is approved. You can also withdraw your passport without withdrawing your application if you wish to travel. We are going to exit Saudi Arabia soon so we needed to have that option. We requested to speak to the manager at VFS and they were extremely helpful. If we have to leave Saudi Arabia we can just courier the passport to them after landing in Pakistan. And then anyone can collect the passport on our behalf.
Update: Received passport on 1st March, 2020. PRTD category R1. It only took 10 days alhumdolillah :)

HTCanada

Mar 10, 2020
Hello Mrz10:
I have applied my wife’s PRTD at the CE in Riyadh. How long does it take exactly? How long did it take you to get the PRTD from the Canadian Embassy, Riyad?
Thx.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hello Mrz10:
I have applied my wife’s PRTD at the CE in Riyadh. How long does it take exactly? How long did it take you to get the PRTD from the Canadian Embassy, Riyad?
Thx.
Is she compliant with her RO? If so there seems to be previous examples of it taking over a month. If she is filing with H&C many months.

mrz10

Feb 23, 2020
Hello Mrz10:
Thx.
Hi HTCanada,

We got it in 10 days. I have described our situation in detail above. We are traveling to Canada tonight IA.

HTCanada

Mar 10, 2020
Hello there:
My wife went to immigrate to Canada. She stayed there only 6 days and she had to come back to KSA due to sudden death of a family member. As a result, she does not fulfill the days of RO. We have applied for PRTD and explained them the reason. I do not know what happens in this case? What do you think, would it take her over a month to get her PRTD or less than a month? Thank you

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hello there:
My wife went to immigrate to Canada. She stayed there only 6 days and she had to come back to KSA due to sudden death of a family member. As a result, she does not fulfill the days of RO. We have applied for PRTD and explained them the reason. I do not know what happens in this case? What do you think, would it take her over a month to get her PRTD or less than a month? Thank you
A sudden death should not result in someone not being able to meet the 2 out of 5 year requirement. H&C requirement can take many months. Could be 3-6 months maybe even more before she hears if she is approved. Has she been in Canada during the past year? If so she can appeal from Canada if denied. If she has a US visa she can try to enter via the US land border.

mrz10

Feb 23, 2020
Hello there:
When did your wife first land in Canada?

HTCanada

Mar 10, 2020
We have applied PRTD on 01-March-2020. Does it approximately take 10 days from Canadian Embassy Riyadh to process it?