+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Risk of losing PR

hady96

Jul 27, 2011
Hello All.

I'm a high school student in Kuwait. I landed in Canada with my mother in June 2008 and our PR is due to expire in 2013.

I will be moving to Canada for university next June (June 2012) . I will be almost 18 by that time.

However, I will have spent 4 years outside Canada and thus not meeting the residency obligation.

What's going to happen in such case ? Would it be possible to appeal the revoke of PR status ? In case of losing, am I going to be deported from Canada ?

Do I have any chance of renewing on H&C grounds , I was 14 when I landed in Canada and I couldn't settle there because my mother couldn't find a job at all and she is my only financial supporter (My father died in 2002) , so I wasn't able to move and go to school in Canada by myself because I had no one to support me financially. Are they going to consider that in the appeal ?

I mean I was younger than 18 and I could do nothing about it.

I intend to attend university in Canada and settle there permanently now that I will be over 18.

Is there any possible way for me to avoid deportation. Please share your thoughts with me

Thank you

newtone

Champion Member
Nov 10, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nothing will happen your PR card expires on 2013 so you can come here in 2012 and start university

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
When you apply to renew your PR card, by stating that you were removed from Canada as a minor child by your mother and you returned to Canada at the first opportunity, you have a very good chance of getting your PR renewed even though you don't meet the residency requirements.

hady96

Jul 27, 2011
Thank you so much for your responses

Leon, if the IO at the airport suspects that I haven't met my residency obligation and decides to report me.
Is he/she actually going to inform me that he/she sent a report ? or they're going to let me pass without saying anything ?

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

hady96 said:
Thank you so much for your responses

Leon, if the IO at the airport suspects that I haven't met my residency obligation and decides to report me.
Is he/she actually going to inform me that he/she sent a report ? or they're going to let me pass without saying anything ?
No, they will give you a copy of the report and instructions where to send your appeal.