+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Risk assessment unit of new delhi visa office - Dodgy call

SDR287

Star Member
Aug 2, 2013
Australia
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hey those status aren't accurate 99% of the time and doesn't mean anything at all. Your best bet is to call them after a week or so and see if there is any update to your notes. Tell them that you received such a call and ask them if it was from IRCC or not. They will definitely check that and let you know.
I hope that messages on IRCC's official website should 'mean' something! Yes, I have plans to call them on Monday and have also ordered GCMS notes.
Will update you guys as soon as I receive any further info.
Cheers

DEEPCUR

Champion Member
Apr 12, 2016
I hope that messages on IRCC's official website should 'mean' something! Yes, I have plans to call them on Monday and have also ordered GCMS notes.
Will update you guys as soon as I receive any further info.
Cheers
What is your current background and document status? When you had last change to the application?

21Goose

VIP Member
Nov 10, 2016
AOR Received.
Feb 2017
The call seems legit to me. You said the lady identified herself (gave you her name?) and asked you questions based on your file, right? If it was a phishing call, she would be trying to get you to provide personal info (and potentially asking for credit card details etc). The questions you mention all seem like reasonable ones to ask.

In addition to that, you said she called other people from the organization. Again, that seems like something an investigator/background check would do - it's not hard to get phone numbers for people.

Why are you so convinced it was unprofessional? Just because it came from a mobile number and she asked if you were related (and you ARE related, so why is that a bad question to ask?). I mean, you said he's a distant relative, but you told her you weren't related?

Also, the interview message has got nothing to do with your background check. That's used to call you to the embassy for an interview (happens rarely). This wasn't an interview.

CIC isn't going to tell you that they are going to call your employer, that would completely defeat the purpose. The background check is pretty thorough, and calling your employer is a normal part of that if you don't work for a large company where CIC can use other databases to verify your status.

SDR287

Star Member
Aug 2, 2013
Australia
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
The call seems legit to me. You said the lady identified herself (gave you her name?) and asked you questions based on your file, right? If it was a phishing call, she would be trying to get you to provide personal info (and potentially asking for credit card details etc). The questions you mention all seem like reasonable ones to ask.

In addition to that, you said she called other people from the organization. Again, that seems like something an investigator/background check would do - it's not hard to get phone numbers for people.

Why are you so convinced it was unprofessional? Just because it came from a mobile number and she asked if you were related (and you ARE related, so why is that a bad question to ask?). I mean, you said he's a distant relative, but you told her you weren't related?

Also, the interview message has got nothing to do with your background check. That's used to call you to the embassy for an interview (happens rarely). This wasn't an interview.

CIC isn't going to tell you that they are going to call your employer, that would completely defeat the purpose. The background check is pretty thorough, and calling your employer is a normal part of that if you don't work for a large company where CIC can use other databases to verify your status.
1. She never gave me her name, not even after I specifically asked for it. Asking me if my employer is related to me, is not really related to the file! I said no, because although technically we are related, but apart from working for the guy, I have never had any contact with him.
2.On the second call with my employer, she said and I quote, 'It all seems forged to me!!!'. Calling something forged without due evidence and process, based on ahunch, seems unprofessional.
3.CIC calling my employer (Or banks or my current employers) and not telling me is fine but CIC calling me (is an interview) without sending a message first, is in direct contravention of their statement on my account.

How serious would you classify the information mismatch on the 'relation with employer' question. I mean, related or not, I have still worked at the company under those capacities.
I stopped working there three and a half years ago, do they expect my employer/distant cousin to remember all details as remembered by me!
A tad unreasonable, but like I said, i am hoping for the worst but will be filing appeals based on procedural anamolies once they do send me a final decision.

Cheers

21Goose

VIP Member
Nov 10, 2016
AOR Received.
Feb 2017
1. She never gave me her name, not even after I specifically asked for it. Asking me if my employer is related to me, is not really related to the file! I said no, because although technically we are related, but apart from working for the guy, I have never had any contact with him.
2.On the second call with my employer, she said and I quote, 'It all seems forged to me!!!'. Calling something forged without due evidence and process, based on ahunch, seems unprofessional.
3.CIC calling my employer (Or banks or my current employers) and not telling me is fine but CIC calling me (is an interview) without sending a message first, is in direct contravention of their statement on my account.

How serious would you classify the information mismatch on the 'relation with employer' question. I mean, related or not, I have still worked at the company under those capacities.
I stopped working there three and a half years ago, do they expect my employer/distant cousin to remember all details as remembered by me!
A tad unreasonable, but like I said, i am hoping for the worst but will be filing appeals based on procedural anamolies once they do send me a final decision.

Cheers
Based on your responses, you should prepare to be rejected. If you're planning to appeal, start preparing for that now. Gather documents proving that you actually worked there, did the things you said you did, etc.

SDR287

Star Member
Aug 2, 2013
Australia
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Based on your responses, you should prepare to be rejected. If you're planning to appeal, start preparing for that now. Gather documents proving that you actually worked there, did the things you said you did, etc.
Well, I called my former employer for payslips and he has told me that they do not keep payslips on file from three years ago!!
Any other documents which you can suggest?!!
I have a couple of old business cards and anyways, business cards can be printed anytime, so, they are not conclusive proof.
Closed my bank accounts, when I left India for Australia three years ago!
yes sir, i am in a proper pickle here!
I had a CRS score of 478, highest CLB level, an MBA from one of the best Universities in Australia, worked in Australia for the government and reputable businesses and yet a couple of questions in an unplanned interview will do me in!!!!
Sad.

sandra02

Mar 1, 2015
Toronto
Category........
CEC
Job Offer........
Yes
AOR Received.
16 07 2017
Med's Done....
April 2017
Well, I called my former employer for payslips and he has told me that they do not keep payslips on file from three years ago!!
I have a couple of old business cards and anyways, business cards can be printed anytime, so, they are not conclusive proof.
I had a CRS score of 478, highest CLB level, an MBA from one of the best Universities in Australia, worked in Australia for the government and reputable businesses and yet a couple of questions in an unplanned interview will do me in!!!!
Sad.
If you left the company 3,5 years ago, how could you claim points for that? Are you sure it affects on your score?
Your case is pretty wierd, but thank you for sharing with us.
I would call CIC in few days to inform them about this phone call.

21Goose

VIP Member
Nov 10, 2016
AOR Received.
Feb 2017
Sad.
Might be time to contact a lawyer.

SDR287

Star Member
Aug 2, 2013
Australia
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
If you left the company 3,5 years ago, how could you claim points for that? Are you sure it affects on your score?
Your case is pretty wierd, but thank you for sharing with us.
I would call CIC in few days to inform them about this phone call.
'When', you gained that experience, has no bearings on the experience. No where does it say that the experience has to be current or fairly recent.
The experience has to confirm with NOC code requirements.
Cheers

SDR287

Star Member
Aug 2, 2013
Australia
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Might be time to contact a lawyer.
Once I get my GCMS notes near the mid of next month/ or any official communication from IRCC, then i will definitely go to the lawyer.
At this point though, it is all (The refusal!) conjecture.
Cheers

21Goose

VIP Member
Nov 10, 2016
AOR Received.
Feb 2017
Once I get my GCMS notes near the mid of next month/ or any official communication from IRCC, then i will definitely go to the lawyer.
At this point though, it is all (The refusal!) conjecture.
Cheers
Yeah, once you know for sure, and if you do decide to appeal, get a lawyer to draft the appeal. Your case sounds a little odd on the face of it, but assuming everything is legitimate, a good lawyer should be able to make a strong case. At the very least you'll get professional advice on what your chances are - on the forum we're just guessing based on what you've told us.

SDR287

Star Member
Aug 2, 2013
Australia
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Yeah, once you know for sure, and if you do decide to appeal, get a lawyer to draft the appeal. Your case sounds a little odd on the face of it, but assuming everything is legitimate, a good lawyer should be able to make a strong case. At the very least you'll get professional advice on what your chances are - on the forum we're just guessing based on what you've told us.
Since you are already in Canada, any decent lawyers in mind!?
If yes, please Pm me.
Cheers