+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Risk assessment unit of new delhi visa office - Dodgy call

SDR287

Star Member
Aug 2, 2013
Australia
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
So, I just receive a call from a lady, who identifies herself from the risk assesment unit of canadian embassy in New delhi.
Asks me question about my 'WORK EXPERIENCE DOCUMENTS FROM INDIA' , ASKS ME QUESTIONS ABOUT MY RELATIONSHIP WITH MY EMLOYER (is he my uncle/brother/etc), then calls my employer, his office, says there are red flags and will speak to her superior officer, etc

Does this all seem legit to the senior members here.

PS: The call came from a mobile number!!

Last edited:

SDR287

Star Member
Aug 2, 2013
Australia
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Another weird thing is that she calls up other employees of the organisation and that I have received no communication from IRCC (email or in my account ) in this regard.

DEEPCUR

Champion Member
Apr 12, 2016
Off late people have been getting calls from New Delhi Visa Office. It could be a legitimate call. Is the employer in question big one and verifiable through website or something?

SDR287

Star Member
Aug 2, 2013
Australia
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Off late people have been getting calls from New Delhi Visa Office. It could be a legitimate call. Is the employer in question big one and verifiable through website or something?
Not big....they used to be a small company(35-40 ppl), now have become more of a 5 man show after becoming vendors on amazon!!
The owner is a distant relative and hired me out of high school, but i said no, when asked the question if he is my relative! Coz I thought it is irrelevant to the application. I left the company 3 years ago and have no idea what the owner said!
Havent spoken to him in ages.

SDR287

Star Member
Aug 2, 2013
Australia
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
But the call originated from a cell phone number!! ANd asking if Im related to the owner....these two issues raise some flags for me!

SDR287

Star Member
Aug 2, 2013
Australia
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
If its legitimate, will they cancel my application for PR...or will there be further checks!!! Because she insinuated to my employer that we are committing fraud!!!! He denied that categorically and then she hung up!
Extremely unprofessional, to say the least.

DEEPCUR

Champion Member
Apr 12, 2016
It is hard to say the outcome as we don't know the call was legitimate or not. Calling from mobile number is a red flag, but it may not be the way to conclude the authenticity. If you doubt that it could be fraud, you could call CIC after few days. They will put any updates on the verification (if any) to your GCMS notes.

Have you claimed points for this employment?

karthik2479

Apr 19, 2017
Another weird thing is that she calls up other employees of the organisation and that I have received no communication from IRCC (email or in my account ) in this regard.
They will never inform they are going to calll - doing that will beat the purpose of their checks anyways. If it was a cell phone number you can always trace it. Unless it is someone who has your info.

Ps_vp

Star Member
Jun 10, 2016
How come she managed to get the contact number of other employees of the firm?
What was the exact time when you received the call. IST as well as your local time.

SDR287

Star Member
Aug 2, 2013
Australia
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
It is hard to say the outcome as we don't know the call was legitimate or not. Calling from mobile number is a red flag, but it may not be the way to conclude the authenticity. If you doubt that it could be fraud, you could call CIC after few days. They will put any updates on the verification (if any) to your GCMS notes.

Have you claimed points for this employment?
Yeah it is my primary occupation and accounts for 50 points out of my 478!

SDR287

Star Member
Aug 2, 2013
Australia
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
They will never inform they are going to calll - doing that will beat the purpose of their checks anyways. If it was a cell phone number you can always trace it. Unless it is someone who has your info.
Yes but it clearly states in our online account 'YOU DO NOT NEED AN INTERVIEW, IF THIS CHANGES WE WILL SEND YOU A MESSAGE'!!
Procedurally they are supposed to message me if they need to interview me!

DEEPCUR

Champion Member
Apr 12, 2016
Yes but it clearly states in our online account 'YOU DO NOT NEED AN INTERVIEW, IF THIS CHANGES WE WILL SEND YOU A MESSAGE'!!
Procedurally they are supposed to message me if they need to interview me!
Hey those status aren't accurate 99% of the time and doesn't mean anything at all. Your best bet is to call them after a week or so and see if there is any update to your notes. Tell them that you received such a call and ask them if it was from IRCC or not. They will definitely check that and let you know.